Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

27 minutes ago, bennett said:

I'd a feeling that this would happen with celtic not selling away tickets so far.

Celtic fans locked OUT of Rangers clash as dramatic ticket u turn stuns Parkhead chiefs

The Parkhead club were set to receive 700 tickets for the derby with the briefs already printed up and sent to Celtic Park.

Celtic supporters are set to be locked out of Ibrox for next week’s derby showdown after Rangers chiefs performed a dramatic U-turn.

Record Sport understands Celts were set to get 700 tickets for the Premiership clash – and the briefs were printed up and sent to Parkhead.

But Rangers have pulled the plug after they couldn’t get cast iron guarantees the situation would be reversed when the sides meet in the East End in January.

It is believed Celtic were hopeful of allowing Gers fans in for the return game but couldn’t fully commit due to their current red zone protocols, which are optimistic of being lifted in the coming weeks.

But vindictive Ibrox bosses wanted the away numbers written in stone and with talks stalling they have now told their rivals no Celtic fans will be getting in to the stadium next Sunday.

Celtic chiefs have been left stunned – and they were hoping to ramp up talks about the reinstatement of the previous allocations for Old Firm away fans of up to 7,000.

But it now looks unlikely with the boardrooms at odds over the first encounter of the season

It’s a bit petty however fully expected as Rangers need to gain every edge they can get just now.

However the way Rangers are currently playing with fans back the more Rangers fans inside Ibrox the better 😉

It’s a bit petty however fully expected as Rangers need to gain every edge they can get just now.
However the way Rangers are currently playing with fans back the more Rangers fans inside Ibrox the better [emoji6]

Don't see how its petty, its playing Celtic at their own game really, I hope every other club do the same as long as Celtic don't allow away fans.

1 hour ago, thepundit said:

Did the Record really say Rangers’ stance in wanting fairness regarding away tickets was “vindictive”? 😂

If so they have correctly edited the word out of the article now.

thepundit, meet bennett. bennett, meet thepundit.

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

However the way Rangers are currently playing with fans back the more Rangers fans inside Ibrox the better 😉

Celtic: We want 700 fans inside Ibrox

Rangers: No problem, the tickets are already in the post. When should we expect the tickets for the Parkhead fixture?

Celtic: Well… actually we can’t give you any guarantees on that.

Rangers: Okay, we’ll withdraw entry to Celtic fans at Ibrox until we can get assurances our fans can attend the next fixture.

Celtic: OMG you’re so petty and vindictive

😂

30 minutes ago, AJF said:

Celtic: We want 700 fans inside Ibrox

Rangers: No problem, the tickets are already in the post. When should we expect the tickets for the Parkhead fixture?

Celtic: Well… actually we can’t give you any guarantees on that.

Rangers: Okay, we’ll withdraw entry to Celtic fans at Ibrox until we can get assurances our fans can attend the next fixture.

Celtic: OMG you’re so petty and vindictive

😂

It’s A difficult one, rangers, understandably, want guarantees and Celtic, obviously, can’t give a 100% guarantee as no one knows where we’ll be in Dec regarding COVID and govt guidelines. I’d imagine come Dec well be back to normal, I think the red zone guidelines are being reviewed at the end of aug and if not lifted then prob be a monthly review til it’s back to normal. 

25 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Why aren't Celtic having away fans?

Something to do with their “red zone”? I’ve heard that they need to move season ticket holders into the section that away fans usually sit.

This would seem reasonable if they still weren’t refusing to offer PPV to away fans. Their whole refusal to offer PPV last season was to protect the value of their season tickets. But now that their season ticket holders are allowed in, that reason carries no weight at all.

2 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

It’s A difficult one, rangers, understandably, want guarantees and Celtic, obviously, can’t give a 100% guarantee as no one knows where we’ll be in Dec regarding COVID and govt guidelines. I’d imagine come Dec well be back to normal, I think the red zone guidelines are being reviewed at the end of aug and if not lifted then prob be a monthly review til it’s back to normal. 

That is a reasonable assessment of the situation, I was more getting at the other suggestion that this was somehow Rangers just being petty not allowing Celtic fans in while ignoring the context of the situation.

Also, the whole point about “Celtic were looking to enter discussions about reinstating the previous 7,000/8,000 allocations” is also nonsense given that both clubs have sold unrestricted season tickets that makes that impossible. At least, for this season anyway.

A very unbalanced article in my view, but I’m always going to think that with my blue tinted specs on.

55 minutes ago, TheBruce said:

Celtic fans or no Celtic fans or just no fans, I think Rangers will struggle.

Ange is getting things right. Going forward the team are immense and Kyogo, what a fucking player. The weakness is obvious in defending, but this predictable and ponderous shite Rangers play going forward, the only chance they've got of scoring, if the Celtic defence fall asleep waiting on them getting up the park.

Goldson a legend in his own mind and that defensive midfield three he has in front of him, protects him. The guy's a bamb scare. Hellander has a brain, but by f**k is he slow. None of those two are getting anywhere near Kyogo.

Rangers look well under par and I speculate that there is poison in the dressing room. Hagi, Wright and Bassey bossing it for them, yet Gerrard praises his blue eyed boys in Tav and Goldson as "superhuman" when they were actually dug shite (along with Kent). Stevie boy has lost the dressing room me thinks. 56 won't be happening and Stevie will be oot the door on his arse.

Did you call into ClydeSSB recently per chance?

15 hours ago, AJF said:

Also, the whole point about “Celtic were looking to enter discussions about reinstating the previous 7,000/8,000 allocations” is also nonsense given that both clubs have sold unrestricted season tickets that makes that impossible. At least, for this season anyway.

A very unbalanced article in my view, but I’m always going to think that with my blue tinted specs on.

Wouldn’t have been an issue if Rangers hadn’t cut the allocations down to begin with 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Wouldn’t have been an issue if Rangers hadn’t cut the allocations down to begin with 🤷‍♂️

That’s a completely moot point though. The fact is the allocation was cut and both clubs have sold unrestricted season tickets so it’s literally impossible to have the allocations increased again until that changes, meaning that piece in the article is complete garbage.