The_Kincardine

Follow Following to Title 57. The Rangers Season 2022/23

12 hours ago, red23 said:

Was a  proven spike of unhinged bigoted morons in the centre of Glasgow.

So, in answer to the question of whether it was ever proven that there was a spike in Covid cases after Rangers fans title celebrations in March, the answer would be ‘no’ then? 

Mind you, not that Covid was the real reason of concern for those who drenched their knickers over the big George Sq party was it? Seeing as half the ones moaning about it were probably at the BLM(a cause I have a great deal of admiration for) protests last summer during full lockdown and at a time when no vaccine was available.

But then again they know that deep down. The problem with the Rangers celebrations wasn’t that people were gathering in a pandemic, it was who gathered and why. :)

13 minutes ago, MJC said:

So, in answer to the question of whether it was ever proven that there was a spike in Covid cases after Rangers fans title celebrations in March, the answer would be ‘no’ then? 

Mind you, not that Covid was the real reason of concern for those who drenched their knickers over the big George Sq party was it? Seeing as half the ones moaning about it were probably at the BLM(a cause I have a great deal of admiration for) protests last summer during full lockdown and at a time when no vaccine was available.

But then again they know that deep down. The problem with the Rangers celebrations wasn’t that people were gathering in a pandemic, it was who gathered and why. :)

What an odd thing to say 🤔

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

What an odd thing to say 🤔

It’s not really odd at atall, if you read it with an open mind that is.

I admire the BLM movement, however protesting in huge numbers at a time when the country was on lockdown and people couldn’t hug their grandkids wasn’t the right thing to do. Likewise celebrating a title win in huge numbers at a time when the country was on lockdown and people couldn’t hug their grandkids wasn’t the right thing to do.

However a huge section of social media who were up in arms about the Rangers celebrations were also vocal in their support of the BLM protests last summer. 

My point being that the reason for a gathering during a full lockdown is totally irrelevant. They are wrong and shouldn’t have happened and you can’t choose which ones you like and justify and which ones you don’t like and condemn, otherwise you just make yourself sound like a massive hypocrite.

6 minutes ago, MJC said:

It’s not really odd at atall, if you read it with an open mind that is.

I admire the BLM movement, however protesting in huge numbers at a time when the country was on lockdown and people couldn’t hug their grandkids wasn’t the right thing to do. Likewise celebrating a title win in huge numbers at a time when the country was on lockdown and people couldn’t hug their grandkids wasn’t the right thing to do.

However a huge section of social media who were up in arms about the Rangers celebrations were also vocal in their support of the BLM protests last summer. 

My point being that the reason for a gathering during a full lockdown is totally irrelevant. They are wrong and shouldn’t have happened and you can’t choose which ones you like and justify and which ones you don’t like and condemn, otherwise you just make yourself sound like a massive hypocrite.

Well you have made the connection in your own paranoid mind, and not backed it up at all, so theres that

And if you admire (and by extension understand) the BLM movement, I think you would agree that their protests are somewhat more important, and more justifiable than drinking and pishing all over a town square because a football team won. You are drawing a very odd equivalence, which is why I said its odd

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Well you have made the connection in your own paranoid mind, and not backed it up at all, so theres that

And if you admire (and by extension understand) the BLM movement, I think you would agree that their protests are somewhat more important, and more justifiable than drinking and pishing all over a town square because a football team won. You are drawing a very odd equivalence, which is why I said its odd

One being perfectly legal and allowed under restrictions at the time... And the other... Well aye, booooo we all hate Rangers and want to unjustly persecute them.

or something like that.

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I certainly do understand and agree that their protests were more important than any football celebrations. But justifiable? During a time when the country was on lockdown and a stay at home order was in place to protect the NHS/save lives? No. It doesn’t matter the reason, or how good the cause was, that was not the time for those protests to happen, it’s as simple as that.

If you want ‘back up’ to my point, just have a look at Twitter, even at this forum from the times of both ‘events’ and at the difference in reaction to both by certain individuals.

7 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Don't feed the troll.

Having a different opinion or viewpoint doesn’t make someone a troll. Granted I have done a fair bit of trolling on occasions on here with my ‘Rangers act’ but this isn’t one of those occasions.

Unless you want the forum to be an echo chamber?

Edited by MJC

Other than acting like neanderthal fuckwits I had no issue with the **** celebrating.  Drawing comparisons to the BLM protests though is pretty ridiculous.

21 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Don't feed the troll.

If he doesn't get fed then how can Bairnardo possibly start to grow?

There is quite clearly an inconsistent reaction from some regarding large gatherings which is dependant on who is involved. I don't think anyone can deny that and there's been numerous examples of this over the recent months.

This is natural though. People (myself included) are regularly hypocritical with their views depending on their particular views/allegiances. Some folk don't like to admit it though.

The one thing missing from Trophy Week was COVID discourse. I’m so glad it’s here.

5 hours ago, MJC said:

Well lets be honest, their health and hygiene leaves a lot to be desired.

8 hours ago, bennett said:

🏅
#RangersFC manager Steven Gerrard has been named as Scottish Football Writers’ Association Manager of the Year for 2020/21.

🏆
#Champion55

Well deserved not just for our results in the league and Europe but for the manner in which we've played most games.  We're easily the most entertaining team in the league.

5 hours ago, MJC said:

If you want ‘back up’ to my point, just have a look at Twitter, even at this forum from the times of both ‘events’ and at the difference in reaction to both by certain individuals.

Show us then.

5 hours ago, MJC said:

. Granted I have done a fair bit of trolling on occasions on here with my ‘Rangers act’ 

In fact don’t show me.

2 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Show us then.

The comments in this tweet thread show you the varying tolerance levels people have for different types of gatherings.

This is not a criticism of the message being relayed, btw.

Edited by AJF

7 hours ago, gannonball said:

Other than acting like neanderthal fuckwits I had no issue with the **** celebrating. 

9C08BDB0-87F3-44C6-B604-A7F0FA070695.jpeg