Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

One of my limitations is that i'm not quite as tech or as forum savvy as you Benny but you have set me a challenge so i'm not one to shirk that 

👇

What a completely bizarre thing for Rangers fans to make up. Why on earth would they claim they helped? Doesn’t seem to fit in with “nobody likes us, we don’t care” mantra they attempt to portray. Lying about helping to clear up desecrated memorials is really weird. 

1 minute ago, G51 said:

because most people don’t spend their days looking for arguments on twitter

OK if you say so.

No point discussing it if you can't see politics plays a big part in both clubs.

Would love to see how welcome somebody with an SNP flag would be made Ibrox!

1 minute ago, WilliamBragg said:

OK if you say so.

No point discussing it if you can't see politics plays a big part in both clubs.

Would love to see how welcome somebody with an SNP flag would be made Ibrox!

I think I’ve probably talked more about the importance of politics and culture in the fan bases of both clubs than anyone else on this forum.

Your argument appears to be that it’s problematic that some supporters simply don’t give enough of a f**k about politics to debate it the whole time. Why it is problematic, you’re not exactly clear on. 

Just now, G51 said:

I think I’ve probably talked more about the importance of politics and culture in the fan bases of both clubs than anyone else on this forum.

Your argument appears to be that it’s problematic that some supporters simply don’t give enough of a f**k about politics to debate it the whole time. Why it is problematic, you’re not exactly clear on. 

It is problematic for the reason a Republican Rangers fan or Unionist Celtic fan would be naturally apprehensive about disclosing it.

The clubs both became big in the back of politics and religion.

Without they would never have became so big.

Other than extremist views I don't think that would happen at any other clubs.

You seem a sensible enough man and I don't get why you are not seeing it.

I think it is an area we won't agree on so no point going round in circles. 

Just now, WilliamBragg said:

It is problematic for the reason a Republican Rangers fan or Unionist Celtic fan would be naturally apprehensive about disclosing it.

The clubs both became big in the back of politics and religion.

Without they would never have became so big.

Other than extremist views I don't think that would happen at any other clubs.

You seem a sensible enough man and I don't get why you are not seeing it.

I think it is an area we won't agree on so no point going round in circles. 

Rangers and Celtic both became big on the back of winning a lot of games, and therefore trophies. Rangers in particular.

The idea that “If you vote for X, then you can’t support Y” is espoused by fans of lots of clubs. Particularly ones that try to lean a little too hard into representing causes or communities, e.g. Barcelona, Liverpool etc. 

In any case, I don’t think the establishment party in Scotland needs any help fighting its corner.

6 hours ago, G51 said:

Jordan Campbell saying this morning that Rangers are looking at establishing a partnership with Kinetic Academy in south London.

Presumably would involve funding the Academy in exchange for getting some eyes on the best south London players.

Very up for that tbh. The cage football lads are special, and are probably going to be where the next English golden generation comes from. We could really do with setting up a similar culture in Scotland.

I think that's where Aribo started off, was it not? 

That's  a wee shame...

SKY are understood to be fuming they were not given greater access to Steven Gerrard and his players after Rangers secured the title at the weekend.

It’s believed the league’s major rights holders were further angered when Gers sanctioned an exclusive Gerrard interview on rival channel ITV on Tuesday.

Sky’s top brass are speaking with Light Blues representatives and SPFL supremo Neil Doncaster.

A Sky source said: “We are disappointed with the lack of access we have had from Rangers in the last three days and we are in dialogue with both them and the SPFL to try to resolve the issue.

“Steven Gerrard spoke to ITV, which he is entitled to do.

“But as domestic broadcast rights partner with the SPFL, starting a new five-year deal last summer, it’s fair to say we expected greater access.

“We want to work through this and reach a resolution.”

Believe this has something to do with a Sky cameraman at the Livingston match or something.

Sky now deciding they have a pressing interest in Scottish football and absolutely need interviews is very funny though.

7 hours ago, G51 said:

Believe this has something to do with a Sky cameraman at the Livingston match or something.

Sky now deciding they have a pressing interest in Scottish football and absolutely need interviews is very funny though.

What's the story there? 

7 hours ago, G51 said:

It doesn't particularly help that every few years the SPFL essentially beg Sky to show Scottish football and will tell anyone who will listen that the league could go bust without them. It's no wonder Sky feel entitled to whatever coverage they please. 

1 hour ago, Knight55WoodBear said:

What's the story there? 

I’m not 100% sure but I think there was some kind of falling out at half time of the game between David Graham and a cameraman. I’m not really sure what it was about (probably about the cameraman getting close enough to hear Gerrard for the red card) but Sky wanted interviews with Gerrard and Tavernier early this week and had them pulled at the last minute, only for Gerrard to do an interview with ITV.

Sky were still at yesterday’s press conference so I don’t think it’s anything serious. Sounds a bit like handbags tbh, but then pointless beefs is a favourite of our past and present comms directors.

38 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It doesn't particularly help that every few years the SPFL essentially beg Sky to show Scottish football and will tell anyone who will listen that the league could go bust without them. It's no wonder Sky feel entitled to whatever coverage they please. 

Yeah only having one real option for broadcasting changes the dynamic, and not in a good way for the league.