Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

27 minutes ago, The DA said:

I think they keep doing share issues to cover it. Think they must have over 100 million in losses since the inception of Sevco but tbh they aren’t racking up a great deal of debt. It’s not sustainable I would imagine but not really alarming right now either.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Aye, we were successful and I don't think any Rangers fan will have too many protests about how we've gone about things since Gerrard has come in. I just feel now is the time where we need to see a more urgent move to the "Get Champions League football or sell assets" model we've been aiming towards for the last couple of years.

Would the second option not impigne on the first?

59 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I think they keep doing share issues to cover it. Think they must have over 100 million in losses since the inception of Sevco but tbh they aren’t racking up a great deal of debt. It’s not sustainable I would imagine but not really alarming right now either.

Someone in Park or Bennett families need to sit them down and say this isn't like the save game editor in football manager, you need to stop pumping real life money into this.

I get the whole 'we will be sustainable by 2025', but how they do that is going to be near on impossible without severe cost cutting which will impact on their competitiveness. 

I am sure someone will correct me but didn't they take full money for season tickets last year and not give a refund? so they wouldn't have lost that much due to covid as they don't have pay at the gate fans to lost money on. European games would have been a loss though.

15 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Is your first name John zippy?
Doing a great job M8.

Cheers Willie, I had to clean out my ISA but it was worth it.

Probably need to lower our player valuations a bit now and sell a few as this is unsustainable.  Obviously Covid played a part in the losses but those figures are terrible. 

Edited by bennett
Fat fingers

Just now, bennett said:

Probably need to lower our player valuations a bit now and sell a few as this is unsustainable.  Obviously the Covid played a part in the losses but those figures are terrible. 

f**k. Must be bad!

15 minutes ago, steelmen said:

Someone in Park or Bennett families need to sit them down and say this isn't like the save game editor in football manager, you need to stop pumping real life money into this.

I get the whole 'we will be sustainable by 2025', but how they do that is going to be near on impossible without severe cost cutting which will impact on their competitiveness

I am sure someone will correct me but didn't they take full money for season tickets last year and not give a refund? so they wouldn't have lost that much due to covid as they don't have pay at the gate fans to lost money on. European games would have been a loss though.

They’re desperate for Champions League football so there’s no chance they’re selling anyone in January. They need to win the league, even if that means losing even more money.

10 minutes ago, bennett said:

Probably need to lower our player valuations a bit now and sell a few as this is unsustainable.  Obviously Covid played a part in the losses but those figures are terrible. 

When you see this, you realise just how valuable getting to the championship league was for rangers.

It's a bit of a negative all round though as no CL means no cash and likely devalues the fees you could have got for some of the players.

I think I saw covid was c£10m of the losses, so the underlying is probably more concerning for Rangers. I'm sure we will see other clubs figures soon, but even accounting for scale those are terrible.

I doubt it will change much though. You probably have to keep the squad together to win the league and the guaranteed CL money. In a way, this season is more critical to Rangers winning the title than last season was, although the 10 in a row dwarfs anything else I suspect, but longer term.....

I don't think the face painters need to be getting concerned just yet, but another year or two of similar...

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I mean, they’re not in trouble as such but it’s a horrendous way to operate a company. 

let’s hope the club are more competent. 

Indeed, its just Ross County of a larger scale.  Owner(s) with more money than sense writing the losses off as soft loans.

7 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

When you see this, you realise just how valuable getting to the championship league was for rangers.

It's a bit of a negative all round though as no CL means no cash and likely devalues the fees you could have got for some of the players.

I think I saw covid was c£10m of the losses, so the underlying is probably more concerning for Rangers. I'm sure we will see other clubs figures soon, but even accounting for scale those are terrible.

I doubt it will change much though. You probably have to keep the squad together to win the league and the guaranteed CL money. In a way, this season is more critical to Rangers winning the title than last season was, although the 10 in a row dwarfs anything else I suspect, but longer term.....

I don't think the face painters need to be getting concerned just yet, but another year or two of similar...

Why should 10 in a row dwarf anything? Surely having a club to support instead of starting another is more important?

Rangers and Celtic already have resources that dwarf all other clubs in the country. I find it utterly bizarre that even that starting advantage is not enough that they (well, potentially just rangers at the minute) would rack up such an overspend. Mental stuff.

As aside, I'd like to think that even Falkirk could nab 1 league title over 9 years while racking up £100m debt. Hardly much to brag about.