Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

I had heard about the Aberdeen fans forum and had a look. I couldn’t believe what I was reading and really disappointed but not too surprised. As a Rangers supporter I know better than most that all supports have a fair few attention seeking arseholes. 

I thought I’d have a look in here to see the views of other clubs supporters and to see if the Aberdeen forums was representative of the greater Scottish footballing public. I have to say I am beyond pleasantly surprised. You are a credit to your clubs and a credit to your forum community. Like many Rangers supporters I have been fighting back tears the last 24 hours but shed a few reading the posts on here.

Good luck to you all

A Rangers Supporter

2 hours ago, AB1872 said:

I had heard about the Aberdeen fans forum and had a look. I couldn’t believe what I was reading and really disappointed but not too surprised. As a Rangers supporter I know better than most that all supports have a fair few attention seeking arseholes. 

I thought I’d have a look in here to see the views of other clubs supporters and to see if the Aberdeen forums was representative of the greater Scottish footballing public. I have to say I am beyond pleasantly surprised. You are a credit to your clubs and a credit to your forum community. Like many Rangers supporters I have been fighting back tears the last 24 hours but shed a few reading the posts on here.

Good luck to you all

A Rangers Supporter

Well said.

I haven't felt the community come together like this since the People's Princess, Lady Diana, was taken from us.

Walter really was a Prince of the People.

2 minutes ago, sophia said:

Well said.

I haven't felt the community come together like this since the People's Princess, Lady Diana, was taken from us.

2 minutes ago, sophia said:

Well said.

Ugh, umm, erm ,getting a wee bit scary now !!

1 minute ago, AJF said:

It's satire. They've already been on the thread making cheap digs rather than expressing any kind of sympathy.

Ahh, fair play. I know for a fact Walter loved his satire. He and Tommy Burns bonded over a mutual love of 'Private Eye' , or something, apparently, I think...

28 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

This came as real shock to me. I had no idea he was ill. Met him twice at Murray Park and he was a gentleman on both occasions. Scottish football has lost a great man. RIP Walter.

Did he not have an operation back in March? I thought by the way it was announced the outlook wasn't great, tbh

20 minutes ago, AJF said:

It's satire. They've already been on the thread making cheap digs rather than expressing any kind of sympathy.

If you had taken the trouble to look beyond the headline of my link, the article, in the face of strident views, was all about bringing people together, especially in grief and that's what the Prince of the People did. Instead of thinking about that you are doubling down and engaging in erroneous outrage. If you have anything you, you'll retract.

5 minutes ago, sophia said:

If you had taken the trouble to look beyond the headline of my link, the article, in the face of strident views, was all about bringing people together, especially in grief and that's what the Prince of the People did. Instead of thinking about that you are doubling down and engaging in erroneous outrage. If you have anything you, you'll retract.

Shut the f**k up 

A fitting tribute from Gordon Strachan:

"There's some things that you can deal with and there are some things that blow your mind.

"The game that I love [football] and the reason why I'm still involved is people. I love football people and one of the greatest factors of my love of the game was Walter.

"Whenever I met him, life got better."

7 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Saw on FB this morning that Jimmy Millar is still on the go after all.

5 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

T_K jumped the gun there! I'm sure he's pleased though (that Jimmy's not dead).

Apologies to Jimmy for that Mark Twain 'reports of my death' moment.  The wee man will be chuffed to know that a. he's still alive and b.  lots of people have fond memories of him.

51 minutes ago, sophia said:

patter is honking 

Is Dr Nick Riviera our team doctor?

🎙️ SG: Motherwell is too close for both Ryan Jack and Kent but will both likely be with us before the international break. Borna is also missing with a small injury but will return for the European match next week.

Share this Tweet