Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

It’s absolutely incredible that NBM have somehow flipped this whole scenario. Rather than criticise the actual tweets sent by the St Mirren chairman, they’re merely acknowledging them and suggesting young people need to be educated, rather than the actual culprit 🙈

No condemnation whatsoever shows how spineless and one sided this whole effort is.

It's also surprising to see an organisation refer to a term that they themselves claim on their website to be sectarian, are now changing its definition to "derogatory". What an absolute shower.

You can send bad tweets but as long as you make a donation to charity, all is forgiven...

Edited by AJF

49 minutes ago, AJF said:

It’s absolutely incredible that NBM have somehow flipped this whole scenario. Rather than criticise the actual tweets sent by the St Mirren chairman, they’re merely acknowledging them and suggesting young people need to be educated, rather than the actual culprit 🙈

No condemnation whatsoever shows how spineless and one sided this whole effort is.

It's also surprising to see an organisation refer to a term that they themselves claim on their website to be sectarian, are now changing its definition to "derogatory". What an absolute shower.

You can send bad tweets but as long as you make a donation to charity, all is forgiven...

What did he say 

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Davie Scott has surprisingly blocked people from replying to that tweet, basically throwing out a token tweet rather than addressing the problem. 

It's what you would expect from Call it oot, not a Government funded charity. 

On 24/10/2021 at 09:44, AJF said:

If we time things right, it'll coincide with 12th July.

Interesting story that is simply an observation: I flew into Belfast on the evening of July 12 having no clue what usually went on that day nor its significance. I found it a bit odd a lot of the stores were closed at 6:30 or 7 p.m. and there seemed to be a lot of trash -- er rubbish -- on the street. If I had gotten there a few hours earlier I would have been one wide-eyed foreigner I'd imagine due to having no clue why parades or whatever else happens that day was going on.

Don’t like Rangers/Sevco, but it’s amusing when something like this happens, and you check Twitter, only to find packs of Celtic supporters screaming whataboutery at the top of their lungs. 😀

I do hope they aren’t the same supporters who spend their time screeching righteous indignation about the same thing when it happens about them and their club/employees/supporters. That would be some next level hypocrisy.

Nothing will ever change, until clubs are willing to admit their own problems with this sort of thing, as readily as they condemn the behaviour of others. Fools errand that however. I remember when after a particularly poisonous Hearts v Celtic game at Tynecastle, Ann Budge condemned the actions of both sets of supporters. There were even indefinite bans handed out to some of the worst behaved in the Hearts ends. To reiterate, she was equally scathing about both sets of supporters, and if anything a bit more so about our own fans. What was the reaction? Many in the Hearts support were pissed off that in their eyes she had attacked her own support despite years of us putting up with Celtic’s crap inside Tynecastle. The reaction from the media and the Celtic support? Ingnore the fact the that she criticised the Hearts support, and be indignant that she dared highlight the behaviour of the Celtic fans. Charlie Nicholas and Davie Provan lining up to tell her to look at the behaviour of her own supporters before daring to criticise the ‘greatest fans in the world’.

Just can’t see how things will ever change. Strict liability perhaps? Not sure that would work either though, as Scottish Football is not exactly known for applying its rules without fear or favour. We’d probably see the OF behaviour ignored and clubs like Partick Thistle, Falkirk, Hearts, Hibs and St Mirren fined every week. 😄

Edited by Kyle Reese