Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

8 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Still dunno who the black guy behind him is. John Regis?

That would either be Marcus Rashford or Maro Itoje.

Standing next to and behind Charlie Nicholas, it's nice* to see Ron Atkinson being rehabilitated.

*It's not

Edited by sophia
autocorrect

Unless it's been taken out of Rangers hands, this isn't on as fitba needs two sets of fans. Rangers need to give an explanation. 

Due to Covid restrictions, there will be no away fan ticket sales for our trip to Rangers. We are awaiting approval to show the match in our bars at Fir Park.
Edited by bennett

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

Unless it's been taken out of Rangers hands, this isn't on as fitba needs two sets of fans. Rangers need to give an explanation. 

Due to Covid restrictions, there will be no away fan ticket sales for our trip to Rangers. We are awaiting approval to show the match in our bars at Fir Park.

Running scared of the only team to score in every league game this season?

22 minutes ago, bennett said:

Think Rangers will do the same to us when we come to Ibrox in a few weeks time. 

35 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Think Rangers will do the same to us when we come to Ibrox in a few weeks time. 

Hope not, I really don't see why we can't have away fans in 51,000 capacity stadium. 

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Agreed.  If it's our decision it's a poor one and needs justified (though I couldn't imagine how they could explain it).

1 hour ago, stu92 said:

Would it be overly cynical of me to suggest that this decision has been made to maximise home fans on 'flag day'?

I don't think the SPFL would allow the exclusion of away fans simply to accommodate more home fans. However, I imagine Rangers have done a Celtic and are manipulating the fact that they need to move season ticket holders to use it as an excuse to achieve the same result. Poor show. I'd hope they at least allow PPV.

I guess the few hundred away supporters that you get in these type of fixtures are a pain for Rangers and Celtic but using flimsy covid pretexts to keep away fans out is a really bad precedent to set and needs binned ASAP. Motherwell did it in the league cup groups at a time where licensing conditions were tougher but it still felt wrong to have games with no away support then as it does now when there is less of an excuse to do it.

I’m not sure if this has anything to do with the decision but the police and security certainly seem to treat this fixture as a slightly higher category ever since the pitch invasion at the play off game 

notice it more at fir park when they seem to cut off the front few rows in our end and then the police go rushing in like storm troopers to stand infront of whatever set of fans are celebrating a goal . Can Motherwell fans confirm as this doesn’t seem to be the case when Celtic play there with the front few rows being cut off whenever I have watched the fixture on TV? 

Edited by Forever_blueco

On 06/09/2021 at 13:10, Jinky67 said:

I do understand what you mean though i work with a guy from South Africa who everytime he sees me will greet my with "My N****" It's almost a term of endearment however despite my race i still find myself clenching my teeth a little hoping no one overhears despite the fact neither of us are white.

Why don't you tell him that it makes you uncomfortable? 

Helander out injured, McGregor struggling for Celtic…

Said earlier that Rangers and Celtic would come back to the rest of the pack this season. If ever a diddy team is going to make a serious title push, it’s going to be this season.

21 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

I’m not sure if this has anything to do with the decision but the police and security certainly seem to treat this fixture as a slightly higher category ever since the pitch invasion at the play off game 

notice it more at fir park when they seem to cut off the front few rows in our end and then the police go rushing in like storm troopers to stand infront of whatever set of fans are celebrating a goal . Can Motherwell fans confirm as this doesn’t seem to be the case when Celtic play there with the front few rows being cut off whenever I have watched the fixture on TV? 

I think Motherwell were under the microscope for a few years after the 2015 game.  It certainly was the case that the first couple of rows of all the home ends were taped off at Fir Park for a few select games, as any more misdemeanours would have incurred a hefty fine.  I'm sure they were being extra cautious with the away fans in the Rangers games.  I don't recall it happening for Celtic, but can't confirm.  

1 hour ago, G51 said:

Said earlier that Rangers and Celtic would come back to the rest of the pack this season. If ever a diddy team is going to make a serious title push, it’s going to be this season.

Behave.  It will take more than a few injuries.  Rangers finished 39 points clear of 3rd place last season.  Come back closer to the pack, perhaps, but it would take gross mismanagement of the highest order for Rangers to finish below an Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts or Motherwell.  Celtic, with their worst season is god knows how long, failed to win 16 of their league games last season and still finished 14 points clear in 2nd place. 

As much as I would love it, it isn't happening any time soon.  The gap between 3rd and 12th in the Scottish Premiership is microscopic compared to the gap between even 2nd and 3rd.  Despite many pretend protestations, that's exactly how Rangers & Celtic like it and they'll do all they can to ensure it remains that way. 

4 minutes ago, Desp said:

I think Motherwell were under the microscope for a few years after the 2015 game.  It certainly was the case that the first couple of rows of all the home ends were taped off at Fir Park for a few select games, as any more misdemeanours would have incurred a hefty fine.  I'm sure they were being extra cautious with the away fans in the Rangers games.  I don't recall it happening for Celtic, but can't confirm.  

Behave.  It will take more than a few injuries.  Rangers finished 39 points clear of 3rd place last season.  Come back closer to the pack, perhaps, but it would take gross mismanagement of the highest order for Rangers to finish below an Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts or Motherwell.  Celtic, with their worst season is god knows how long, failed to win 16 of their league games last season and still finished 14 points clear in 2nd place. 

As much as I would love it, it isn't happening any time soon.  The gap between 3rd and 12th in the Scottish Premiership is microscopic compared to the gap between even 2nd and 3rd.  Despite many pretend protestations, that's exactly how Rangers & Celtic like it and they'll do all they can to ensure it remains that way. 

It did feel like Celtic finished 2nd last season without ever really winning a game of football. 

Saying that, we finished 4th and I don’t really remember us ever scoring 

1 hour ago, G51 said:

Helander being out is a big blow but balogun as replacement I don’t believe weakens us to a great extent on paper .

How that will pan out in performances remains to be seen . Any real issues will be if balogun or Goldson pick up a serious knock over the course of the season.