Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Everton have made a £5m bid for Rangers defender Nathan Patterson.

Toffees boss Rafael Benitez is keen to strengthen his options at right back and sees Scotland prospect Patterson as a perfect choice.

image.gif.bce644dcb00b6a0ca1bb5fa5f5665b28.gif

Patterson, 19, won a call-up for Scotland’s squad in the Euros, has won two senior caps and is regarded as a big emerging talent.

Glasgow-born Patterson is also highly regarded at Rangers but has fierce competition with club captain James Tavernier at right back

Everton have made a £5m bid for Rangers defender Nathan Patterson.

Toffees boss Rafael Benitez is keen to strengthen his options at right back and sees Scotland prospect Patterson as a perfect choice.

image.gif.bce644dcb00b6a0ca1bb5fa5f5665b28.gif

Patterson, 19, won a call-up for Scotland’s squad in the Euros, has won two senior caps and is regarded as a big emerging talent.

Glasgow-born Patterson is also highly regarded at Rangers but has fierce competition with club captain James Tavernier at right back

That would be crazy IMO.

Having watched your last few games he'd be in the team before Tavernier for me at the moment.

1 minute ago, gaz5 said:

That would be crazy IMO.

Having watched your last few games he'd be in the team before Tavernier for me at the moment.

It was apparently knocked back immediately according to the ITK folk. 

Tavs a confidence player, his form does dip from time to time. Over on the other side Bassey is making a strong claim for the LB position from Barisic too, Tav will need to up his game. 

It was apparently knocked back immediately according to the ITK folk. 
Tavs a confidence player, his form does dip from time to time. Over on the other side Bassey is making a strong claim for the LB position from Barisic too, Tav will need to up his game. 

Bassey and Hagi, followed by Wright, were your best players by a mile the other night.

Tavernier has been off it for a while IMO. Watching the last few games for both teams Ralston is out performing him at the minute, defensively and offensively. Granted it was lower league opposition, but Patterson was better against Dunfermline than Tavernier has been at all this season. He's also one of the main reasons you went out of the CL (the two goals in Malmö his fault directly).

I'm a believer in playing your in form players. Wright, Hagi, Roofe, Patterson and Bassey would be in ahead of Kent, Lundstrum, Morelos Tavernier and Barisic for me. If you had another decent CB I'd have them in for Goldson as well.

8 hours ago, sophia said:

I thought I would take this opportunity to retrieve, bump this thread, give us all the chance to come together and distance ourselves from all and especially egregious acts of racism....

I’m sure someone from the other side of Glasgow will be along any minute now…

A few of the Rangers fans already called it out in the match thread such as @AJF and @Salt n Vinegar so fair play to them, there may be others but that’s just the ones i’ve seen.

I imagine on Sunday you may see Tavernier such is the type of guy he is do something similar to what Scott Brown did and go show his support to Kyogo. I just hope if he does do something like this it’s received well by the Rangers fans. 

24 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

A few of the Rangers fans already called it out in the match thread such as @AJF and @Salt n Vinegar so fair play to them, there may be others but that’s just the ones i’ve seen.

I imagine on Sunday you may see Tavernier such is the type of guy he is do something similar to what Scott Brown did and go show his support to Kyogo. I just hope if he does do something like this it’s received well by the Rangers fans. 

Cheers. But I must point out that it really is remarkable that just being a sane human being attracts attention.  It's all quite depressing really. 

Still, I'm sure that the fans will re-energise the team on the pitch next weekend with rousing songs and chants about sashes, Popes, Northern Ireland, ruling waves, long-lived monarchs and all that other really important non-football stuff without which no 21st century sporting event is complete.

Grow up lads ffs.  

2 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Cheers. But I must point out that it really is remarkable that just being a sane human being attracts attention.  It's all quite depressing really. 

Still, I'm sure that the fans will re-energise the team on the pitch next weekend with rousing songs and chants about sashes, Popes, Northern Ireland, ruling waves, long-lived monarchs and all that other really important non-football stuff without which no 21st century sporting event is complete.

Grow up lads ffs.  

Its 1 thing to be a decent person and not take part, it's a different thing entirely to have the courage of your convictions to stand up and say what needs to be said to your own fans. That has to be admired and also highlights the need for more of us to do the same no matter who we support. 

Edited by Jinky67

18 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Good. 

Feels weird to say it... but well done Rangers. That's how you take swift action. No blaming anyone else or trying to duck the issue. Straight to the point. Individual fans punished and supporters club too. I'm sure there will have been some on the bus cringing, but incentivises other clubs to self police.

I went to school with one of the guys in the video. He has always been a total fucking neanderthal and just an all round hateful guy so quite frankly I'm amazed it's taken this long for him to get "cancelled". Almost a little embarrassed at just how much I've enjoyed him getting caught and getting banned from the only thing he exists to do. Good to see an overall positive response from most Rangers fans but as usual plenty of the takes on Twitter show there is a long way to go before football really is for everyone & anyone in Scotland.

A lot of credit must go to Rangers here for the swift and decisive action - and I agree there will be decent guys on that bus who are now fucked because of the actions of some morons.

People can be so fucking stupid & hateful sometimes. What gets me is that if Kyogo had signed for Rangers, the same arseholes would probably love him. 

RANGERS chairman Douglas Park has clinched a Court victory that will prevent the Scottish FA proceeding with an arbitration case against the Premiership champions.

Rangers are embroiled in a lengthy legal dispute with the SPFL regarding an £8million sponsorship deal with online used car retailer cinch.

Ibrox chiefs have refused to sanction the use of cinch branding on the shirts that Steven Gerrard’s side have worn in their three Premiership fixtures so far this season or on advertising and media boards.
The SPFL referred the case to the SFA for arbitration earlier this month but Park has now played his legal hand and brought a halt to proceedings after a hearing on Monday.n
A spokesperson for Park’s of Hamilton said: “We can confirm that Park’s of Hamilton Holdings Ltd has today been successfully granted an interim interdict at the Court of Session in Edinburgh, to prevent the SFA from proceeding with its arbitration process in relation to the sponsorship of the SPFL

For the purposes of Park's interim interdict application, the Court considered that the failure to include Park's went against the SFA's own rules. This ruling now prevents the SFA from proceeding with an arbitration process without Park’s of Hamilton being involved.
“We were surprised that both the SFA and SPFL vehemently argued against this petition, despite the fact that their rules clearly state that any arbitration process should feature all interested parties.
“Park’s is proud of its association with the SFA and Scottish football, which dates back over 50 years, so it is with regret that we were forced to take this action.
“This is a decision we did not take lightly but felt it had to be made as a matter of principle, to protect the rights of club sponsors throughout all levels of the game

Edited by bennett

Just now, Henrik's tongue said:

Can you learn to spell “buses” before you come on ours please?

Ta ;) 

Ach, we all know spelling isn’t the forte of Celtic fans considering they unfurled a banner missing the “i” out of their own teams name 😂