Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

9 hours ago, bennett said:

NIKO KATIC has been told his Rangers career is OVER.

SunSport understands the champions are now looking to offload the Croat before the transfer window closes

Katic, 24, has fallen down the pecking order after a career-threatening knee injury saw him miss out on an historic campaign for Gers.

And we can now reveal Ibrox sporting director Ross Wilson met with Katic’s agent last week — and instructed him to find the defender a new club

Paper filler. This would be silly on a number of levels. 

21 hours ago, AJF said:

Aye, he seems to get it worse than others for some reason. The media go through cycles like this every so often to be fair so he’s not the first or last to get it.

They also have favourites who is presently Furuhashi. Running an article today where he’s worth £30m within 2 years where they also likened Paddy McCourt to Pele 😂 

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

27 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

They also have favourites who is presently Furuhashi. Running an article today where he’s worth £30m within 2 years where they also liked Paddy McCourt to Pele 😂 

Jesus Christ 😂 even if someone actually believes that, don’t make yourself look like a fool and broadcast it after watching him about 4 times or something.

13 hours ago, bennett said:

NIKO KATIC has been told his Rangers career is OVER.

SunSport understands the champions are now looking to offload the Croat before the transfer window closes

Katic, 24, has fallen down the pecking order after a career-threatening knee injury saw him miss out on an historic campaign for Gers.

And we can now reveal Ibrox sporting director Ross Wilson met with Katic’s agent last week — and instructed him to find the defender a new club

Nearly 10k posts on the BRALT thread zippy that is impressive.

One of the papers reporting that we've turned down 3 bids for Hagi: €4M from Galatasary and €7M bids from Sevilla and Lazio. It claims we value him at €11M.

The fact that Rangers then tweeted a GIF of Hagi celebrating 10 minutes after this report was posted suggests it's a lot of rubbish.

On 12/08/2021 at 14:48, gaz5 said:

Not so much my implication, more your own performance against your own records/statistics.

FWIW my own personal view is that there were many Rangers players who played above themselves last season, who look more like the players we'd seen before at the start of this season.

Tavernier, Goldson, Balogun, Kent, Barasic and Arfield being those I think look more like their "normal" selves at the moment then they did for much of last season when they were outstanding. Though arguably Tavernier and Arfield were off it second half of the season as well.

And I agree with you, I think you'll now sell your two best players (IMO), Morelos and Kamara. It's been pretty clear watching Rangers that you don't have anyone else who can do what those two do.

Now, I'm not saying Rangers are a bad team, obviously they're not. They're still the best team in Scotland.

I just don't think Rangers are as good as a lot of Rangers fans think they are, just as I don't think Celtic are as bad as a lot of Celtic fans think they are.

Add to that Celtic are generally getting rid of deadwood who were rotten last season and replacing them with, for some at least on early viewing, better players at the same time as Rangers will be selling their prize assets and have only brought in squad players (Sakala doesn't look any better than what you have and Lundstrum looks like your version of Shane Duffy so far) and the gap narrows further.

Rangers are still favourites, of course. But I think we've seen this week that all the "done by Xmas" shouts were more than a little premature.

Brass tax of it is that the "terrible" Celtic team have D,L in the Champions League to "Favourites" Rangers L,L.

And in League business it's W,L each with Celtic ahead on Goals.

Pretty sure most of the boys in blue didn't expect to have a worse CL and SPFL record at this stage than Celtic, despite what happens from here.

Cheeky.

16 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Why they celebrating 150 yrs in 2022 when it says 1873 on the stadium??  

61F65138-8B82-4D4A-B1A2-5C3690E30D68.png

It's either another despicable Sevco scam or the difference between 1st game played and first official game played. 

I know what your choice will be...

9 minutes ago, bennett said:

It's either another despicable Sevco scam or the difference between 1st game played and first official game played. 

I know what your choice will be...

Had never noticed it before til I saw that shirt, cause my mate has 1873 on one of his tattoos. 
Do the club celebrate both of them?? 

And what would my choice be?? 

I'd a feeling that this would happen with celtic not selling away tickets so far.

Celtic fans locked OUT of Rangers clash as dramatic ticket u turn stuns Parkhead chiefs

The Parkhead club were set to receive 700 tickets for the derby with the briefs already printed up and sent to Celtic Park.

Celtic supporters are set to be locked out of Ibrox for next week’s derby showdown after Rangers chiefs performed a dramatic U-turn.

Record Sport understands Celts were set to get 700 tickets for the Premiership clash – and the briefs were printed up and sent to Parkhead.

But Rangers have pulled the plug after they couldn’t get cast iron guarantees the situation would be reversed when the sides meet in the East End in January.

It is believed Celtic were hopeful of allowing Gers fans in for the return game but couldn’t fully commit due to their current red zone protocols, which are optimistic of being lifted in the coming weeks.

But vindictive Ibrox bosses wanted the away numbers written in stone and with talks stalling they have now told their rivals no Celtic fans will be getting in to the stadium next Sunday.

Celtic chiefs have been left stunned – and they were hoping to ramp up talks about the reinstatement of the previous allocations for Old Firm away fans of up to 7,000.

But it now looks unlikely with the boardrooms at odds over the first encounter of the season

Edited by bennett