Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

2 hours ago, SANTAN said:

No. Your comprehension is letting you down.

I never mentioned the tweet... I said the last page. Are you trying to tell me Jinky isn't a celtc fan?!!!

Either way the general message applies. You guys have had a good week compared to the past year and you can see the bhoys and the friends of the bhoys getting a little bit over confident and carried away over the last few pages on here and other threads. 

There is no over confidence the reality remains that we are in a significant rebuilding process that looks promising.

What it has been is a very bad week for Rangers, which could also get worse, and this is an opportunity to point and laugh that just cannot be passed up since there have been relatively few of those in the past year and was topped off beautifully with a wonderful piece of shithousery from the Malmö manager.

Edited by Jinky67

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

There is no over confidence the reality remains that we are in a significant rebuilding process that looks promising.

What it has been is a very bad week for Rangers which is an opportunity to point and laugh that just cannot be passed up since there have been relatively few of those in the past year and was topped off beautifully with a wonderful piece of shithousery from the Malmö manager.

Fair enough! I don't even think the "shithousery" was intended tbh. Also watched the highlights of your game and was surprised with Christie, is he settled or playing for a move? 

9 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

Fair enough! I don't even think the "shithousery" was intended tbh. Also watched the highlights of your game and was surprised with Christie, is he settled or playing for a move? 

Oh i think it was intended based on his last comment in the clip which is a bold move considering it could fire Rangers up and blow up in his face, still funny though 

Christie is an interesting one as we aren’t really sure however there is reason to believe he is open to staying and a motivated Christie in this form is like a new signing and has to be dealt in imo. I do like how Ange answers these questions on a players future though, leaves them very clear that they won’t be pandered to

1 hour ago, CCB19035 said:

If Rangers don't qualify, and no one wants Morelos for the price they want to sell at, what happens? Would they have to sell guys they'd rather keep, Kamara, Aribo, Tavernier? 

Im not sure on the financial situation, so it's a genuine question. I read something about an 18.5 million operating loss? 

That would worry me. 

I think there will be a sale or two regardless if we qualify for the Champions League, simply by virtue of cashing in on players when their values are high.

But yes, if we fail to qualify, there will be sales no doubt. The club have been clear in the last year or so that the model we are moving towards is qualify for the CL or sell an asset - something that Celtic have done successfully for a while now. It's just that this is the first time we have had a squad that includes a few valuable assets.

Kamara will likely be away - there's been talk that we've offered him a new deal on the basis that we are protecting his value but will not stand in his way if an acceptable offer comes in.

Edited by AJF

12 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think there will be a sale or two regardless if we qualify for the Champions League, simply by virtue of cashing in on players when their values are high.

But yes, if we fail to qualify, there will be sales no doubt. The club have been clear in the last year or so that the model we are moving towards is qualify for the CL or sell an asset - something that Celtic have done successfully for a while now. It's just that this is the first time we have had a squad that includes a few valuable assets.

Kamara will likely be away - there's been talk that we've offered him a new deal on the basis that we are protecting his value but will not stand in his way if an acceptable offer comes in.

Its been a successful model for Celtic for a couple of seasons now and lets be honest a necessary one with no Champions League money going into the coffers. I imagine you could take your pick from Kent, Morelos or Kamara and of the 3 i imagine Kent is probably the most valueable? 

52 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Oh i think it was intended based on his last comment in the clip which is a bold move considering it could fire Rangers up and blow up in his face, still funny though 

Christie is an interesting one as we aren’t really sure however there is reason to believe he is open to staying and a motivated Christie in this form is like a new signing and has to be dealt in imo. I do like how Ange answers these questions on a players future though, leaves them very clear that they won’t be pandered to

Christie will only get the chance to move if another club wants him and so far there have been no bids - either clubs don’t fancy him or more likely are waiting till his contract runs down.

5 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Realistically how much will you get for him? 

No more than £8,000,000 I'd suggest. Very good player. 

Trouble, as I've seen with Aberdeen, is the English don't value anyone up here at a reasonable price. The fact Kamara is a full international and former Arsenal youth, might change their perception, but there's only a month left. 

It's hard to guess, but I'd be disappointed if he went for anything less than £10m, particularly given that we just saw someone like Ajer go for £13m who had a year left on his deal after a poor season. That's not to say that I'm a fan of the argument that X player went for X amount so Y player should go for Y amount, but it's reflective of the type of fees that are getting thrown around.

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Its been a successful model for Celtic for a couple of seasons now and lets be honest a necessary one with no Champions League money going into the coffers. I imagine you could take your pick from Kent, Morelos or Kamara and of the 3 i imagine Kent is probably the most valueable? 

Yep, I'd agree Kent the most valuable, particularly to English sides if you take into account the premium they pay for English players as he will satisfy homegrown status rules.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

It's hard to guess, but I'd be disappointed if he went for anything less than £10m, particularly given that we just saw someone like Ajer go for £13m who had a year left on his deal after a poor season. That's not to say that I'm a fan of the argument that X player went for X amount so Y player should go for Y amount, but it's reflective of the type of fees that are getting thrown around.

Yep, I'd agree Kent the most valuable, particularly to English sides if you take into account the premium they pay for English players as he will satisfy homegrown status rules.

Would Kamara not also satisfy homegrown status? 

Just now, Jinky67 said:

Would Kamara not also satisfy homegrown status? 

He may well do, although I'm not entirely sure to be honest. I'm not sure how long he spent in England prior to joining Dundee. Someone more clued up than me may be able to answer.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

He may well do, although I'm not entirely sure to be honest. I'm not sure how long he spent in England prior to joining Dundee. Someone more clued up than me may be able to answer.

He would yes.

Rangers man.

One outrageously good league season, against the weakest collection of clubs, including Celtic, in a decade, amongst an absolute avalanche of failures.

For any Rangers fan disappointed by tonight, you have to remember how far you have come. It was only 9 years ago that you were a new club battling to get out of League 2, and now look at you, even being on the same pitch as a club like Malmo is a fantastic achievement. 

15 minutes ago, Denapark1893 said:

So Rangers  are about to offload whichever player they can get a decent offer on

Just shows you how unsustainable their business model is

I will never tire of both the arse cheeks getting papped out of Europe

Enjoy your night!

tbqfh it'll be more than one player they need to punt, no?

image.png.31b6f2ebac5866825fde30cdc343a1c9.png

image.png.1ea2313539e7a26c430a2b834895d2d7.png

image.thumb.png.5b699cbb91ca18b178538755a5f7ce7d.png

Think there was a fluff piece around the time they were all-but-champions that they put out basically saying "yeah we need to sell players soon" which was well before getting Malmo'd. Willing to bet in 3 months they'll be announcing another £10M+ loss again what with Covid restrictions and the like.

edit: found it! dunno how far clear they were at that point tbf but yeah, it was laying the groundwork for whats to come.

image.png.2adad765f89b12860b2cb1a3c45d2b37.png

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

3 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

tbqfh it'll be more than one player they need to punt, no?

image.png.31b6f2ebac5866825fde30cdc343a1c9.png

image.png.1ea2313539e7a26c430a2b834895d2d7.png

image.thumb.png.5b699cbb91ca18b178538755a5f7ce7d.png

Think there was a fluff piece around the time they were all-but-champions that they put out basically saying "yeah we need to sell players soon" which was well before getting Malmo'd. Willing to bet in 3 months they'll be announcing another £10M+ loss again what with Covid restrictions and the like.

edit: found it! dunno how far clear they were at that point tbf but yeah, it was laying the groundwork for whats to come.

image.png.2adad765f89b12860b2cb1a3c45d2b37.png

Someone has to want to buy them first.