Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

18 hours ago, AJF said:

Another quite worrying thread on the issue. Despite clearly saying they don’t hear it, they are content to ramble on about why it would be bad if they had heard it, to the extent they single out Glen Kamara for criticism despite admitting to not hearing FTP. Absolutely ridiculous.

You have to wonder about the indoctrination that happens when these players join Sevco. 

I would imagine that, before signing for this 'institution' with an obsessive anti-Catholicism mindset, most of these players didn't give the Pope or his religion a second thought. 

Therefore, what happens in the interim period that has them singing FTP with such gusto?

Edited by Bogbrush1903

7 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

You have to wonder about the indoctrination that happens when these players join Sevco. 

I would imagine that, before signing for this 'institution' with an obsessive anti-Catholicism mindset, most of these players didn't give the Pope or his religion a second thought. 

Therefore, what happens in the interim period that has them singing FTP with such gusto?

You can theorise all you want, I won’t be though as I don’t believe they were singing it. You’ve also missed the entire point I was making too. Well done.

33 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Oh, mate.

39 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Here is an old candidate profile from 2014 for when someone was headhunted for a high level role at Rangers

The first bullet point is particularly interesting regarding having an understanding of the social, political and football dynamics especially in Glasgow.

EEDE2F76-2435-4369-96FB-74748C9A254E.thumb.jpeg.38b2aeeab1f5c46f9578fd8afbe4cfbb.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Here is an old candidate profile from 2014 for when someone was headhunted for a high level role at Rangers

The first bullet point is particularly interesting regarding having an understanding of the social, political and football dynamics especially in Glasgow.

EEDE2F76-2435-4369-96FB-74748C9A254E.thumb.jpeg.38b2aeeab1f5c46f9578fd8afbe4cfbb.jpeg

Is it really all that interesting? In what way does that relate to any “obsessive anti-Catholicism mindset”?

4 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Given that appears to be a media role I don’t see the issue there. 

You’re a sensitive bunch in Glasgow so it makes sense to seek out someone who has a bit of knowledge of it. 

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Given that appears to be a media role I don’t see the issue there. 

You’re a sensitive bunch in Glasgow so it makes sense to seek out someone who has a bit of knowledge of it. 

That was my thinking. You’d surely want someone that knows the lay of the land so they don’t make a tit of it (see the Hibs Twitter team as a prime example of this).

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

Is it really all that interesting? In what way does that relate to any “obsessive anti-Catholicism mindset”?

To the person who was approached for the role it was and that’s how he felt about it.

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

To the person who was approached for the role it was and that’s how he felt about it.

I’ve seen the original source it came from: there was no confirmation at all that it had anything to do with religion. As far as I am aware, they were actually a Catholic and were headhunted for the role but they had already made their mind up that the job wasn’t for them...

Edited by AJF

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’ve seen the original source it came from: there was no confirmation at all that it had anything to do with religion. As far as I am aware, they were actually a Catholic and were headhunted for the role but they had already made their mind up that the job wasn’t for them...

He confirms otherwise here if you read all 4 parts however you are right on the parts re faith and him already having made his mind up however he did have further conversations

This obviously is just his opinion on how he felt and that he would be expected to cover up certain aspects.That of course doesnt mean he is right just how he felt about the conversations he had re the role

Edited by Jinky67

4 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

He confirms otherwise here if you read all 4 parts.

This obviously is just his opinion on how he felt and that he would be expected to cover up certain aspects up. That of course doesnt mean he is right just how he felt about the conversations he had re the role

All that shows is that a person was approached for a role which they knew was not for them from the outset. They then jumped to a conclusion that the first bullet point had something to do with religion despite it not mentioning religion whatsoever and with no mention of religion in the conversations they had by the looks of it.

To somehow link this to any anti-Catholic mindset employed by the club is, as has been quite common, clutching at straws.

Edited by AJF

1 hour ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Tik Tok. 

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

All that shows is that a person was approached for a role which they knew was not for them from the outset. They then jumped to a conclusion that the first bullet point had something to do with religion despite it not mentioning religion whatsoever and with no mention of religion in the conversations they had by the looks of it.

To somehow link this to any anti-Catholic mindset employed by the club is, as has been quite common, clutching at straws.

He does allude to the fact they couldn’t answer that question sufficiently when asked to clarify what that particular point meant so he was able to draw and not jump to a conclusion from that.

You disagree which is fine however he obviously feels very different 

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

He does allude to the fact they couldn’t answer that question sufficiently when asked to clarify what that particular point meant so he was able to draw and not jump to a conclusion from that.

You disagree which is fine however he obviously feels very different 

Aye because it was an agency that had been outsourced to do the recruitment for them.

Of course I disagree, I don’t think I’m going to believe that an official club job description and person specification is going to include any reference to an anti-Catholic mindset. The fact that this person already had a pre-conceived disposition about it as well absolutely leads me to believe there is an element of confirmation bias at play as well - seeing things that aren’t there.

40 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Seems reasonable enough.

26 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

He confirms otherwise here if you read all 4 parts.

This obviously is just his opinion on how he felt and that he would be expected to cover up certain aspects up. That of course doesnt mean he is right just how he felt about the conversations he had re the role

I agree with the guy that the club has deep rooted issues but I don’t think this is the smoking gun he thinks it is. 

1 hour ago, AJF said:

You can theorise all you want, I won’t be though as I don’t believe they were singing it. You’ve also missed the entire point I was making too. Well done.

"when you're handing oot the kits Jimmy*, just keep drumming it into the lads what playing for the 'gers is all aboot"

Maybe it wasn't them singling like what happened with Milli Vanilla...maybe there was another group of people behind the curtains singing it and they were just miming.

But if you don't believe they were singing it then you are theorising because you can't know that they definitely weren't. 

I would love to know who went through their masonic initiation with the ex-Australian striker Dave Mitchell. It's suggested that it would've been a big story if it got out, which of course, within brotherhood circles, it didn't... 

*All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living, dead or the living dead in the 'gers case is purely coincidental.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

If you're working in a major media role in a Scottish club and don't understand the culture of that club then you're going to be terrible at the job - look at the muppet running the Hibs account who sent out a tweet mourning Prince Phillip and then used a 5-1 gif. No chance anyone who actually knew what Hibs stood for would do that.

There is a lot wrong with how Rangers do their business, but this isn't one of them. The Old Firm mindset of seeing the worst in everything a rival club do isn't exclusively for Old Firm fans, as the guy tweeting that out has proved. It's almost a wee bit like the folk thirstily sharing that fake Marco Negri story from years ago because they're so desperate for Rangers to be evil that they don't bother engaging in any critical thought.

Edited by craigkillie