Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Just now, AJF said:

Yes, but the fans in the stadium wouldn’t be. I was replying to your point about 10,000 folk heading into the city centre after the game. Aye they could’ve, but they’d have been significantly less inebriated.

Again, I’m not sure what people expect that Rangers could’ve done to stop fans gathering. This was a response to that to show they at least explored possible avenues.

10,000 in the stadium plus the thousands of non season ticket holders and un-selected season ticket holders who would have turned up regardless.

It could have made things worse not better

Just now, Romeo said:

Every post you make 

Not quite Romeo. I’ve consistently criticised the fans who behaved like idiots, you won’t be able to prove otherwise. I’m simply stating that the criticism of Rangers as a club is unfounded as I can’t think of anything more they could’ve done and nobody else has been able to tell me that either.

That's Rangers and their fans totally vindicated tbh. Clearly the Scottish government's fault.

Wee Nippy and Humza have basically whispered into people's ears 'Go on Billy, start belting the Sash oot and chuck a boatle at yon polis over there'

8 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

What on earth is your point? Show me a post where I tried to deflect any criticism of that.

Rangers fand seem to have an absolute head-lock on whataboutery.

You're a hypocrite, posting about "there's a pandemic on". When St Johnstone fans also gathered to celebrate. 

Get a grip of yourself.

Edited by bennett

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

10,000 in the stadium plus the thousands of non season ticket holders and un-selected season ticket holders who would have turned up regardless.

It could have made things worse not better

I respectfully disagree. Nobody has been able to tell me what the club could’ve done differently to stop the fans gathering. This was at least an attempt to partially mitigate it, unless you believe they made the proposal for different reasons?

Edited by AJF

Just now, bennett said:

You're a hypocrite, posting about there's a pandemic on. When St Johnstone fans also gathered to celebrate. 

Get a grip of yourself.

Why did he condone said gathering of St Johnstone fans? Is he making excuses about them or deflecting away from it?

33 minutes ago, AJF said:

It would’ve at least meant that there were 10,000 less fans out drinking in the streets.

I don’t think it would’ve stopped others turning up but the numbers would’ve been significantly reduced.

I don’t think it was that bizarre a request when the restrictions preventing fans attending stadiums was due to cease a mere 48 hours after the game and it was requested on the back of the announcement that 12,000 fans would be attending Euro games.

I think it at least shows Rangers attempted to look for solutions that would limit fans gathering, given that it is literally stated in Robertson’s email that was the reason for their request.

Yeah, for like an hour or two, and then they'd all have gathered anyway.

I've no issue with fans gathering btw. Football fans have been treated like shite for months now and are just desperate to connect with their clubs again. 

Just a really weird way for Rangers to virtually claim they done all they could so its someone elses fault. They didn't try and prevent the gathering, they just wanted to control it for an hour or so.

Just now, Jinky67 said:

Why did he condone said gathering of St Johnstone fans? Is he making excuses about them or deflecting away from it?

That makes no sense, maybe you could try again?

4 minutes ago, bennett said:

You're a hypocrite, posting about there's a pandemic on. When St Johnstone fans also gathered to celebrate. 

Get a grip of yourself.

How am I a hypocrite? Did I defend those St Johnstone fans? Did I suggest we should have been allowed to celebrate in our stadium? 

I've no idea what the f**k you're arguing about. But maybe no bad thing.

The same as a lot of the ‘local’ music festivals that pop up now, sticking up fencing and allowing for ticketing to get into the immediate vicinity of the stadium itself would have acted as a deterrent to most. 

Maybe postponing the game and trophy celebration through to this weekend might have been the better idea because doing the above wouldn’t have got as much criticism. But that has its own logistical problems. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah, for like an hour or two, and then they'd all have gathered anyway.

I've no issue with fans gathering btw. Football fans have been treated like shite for months now and are just desperate to connect with their clubs again. 

Just a really weird way for Rangers to virtually claim they done all they could so its someone elses fault. They didn't try and prevent the gathering, they just wanted to control it for an hour or so.

But that’s the thing, how could they prevent the gathering? Surely this proposal to control it is better than absolutely nothing (as was proved to be the case).

Rangers have not said it was anyone else’s fault, I feel they’ve released this in response to those that claim they should’ve done more.

Just now, Mr Heliums said:

How am I a hypocrite? Did I defend those St Johnstone fans? Did I suggest we should have been allowed to celebrate in our stadium? 

I've no idea what the f**k you're arguing about. But maybe no bad thing.

You're not that thick, atleast I hope that you're not.

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

Yes, but the fans in the stadium wouldn’t be. I was replying to your point about 10,000 folk heading into the city centre after the game. Aye they could’ve, but they’d have been significantly less inebriated.

Again, I’m not sure what people expect that Rangers could’ve done to stop fans gathering. This was a response to that to show they at least explored possible avenues.

They'd literally walk out of the ground straight to a shop to buy a bottle of vodka to join in.

You're surely not this naive?

Same as the other guy who said something like "Aberdeen are no angels".

No we're not. An away game in Dundee almost always meant the Centenary bar would get trashed. Folk who didn't want to be involved avoided it. Simple stuff. It seems the only folk who didn't know what was going to happen on Saturday were Rangers fans.

8 minutes ago, Romeo said:

The amount of excuses to absolve themselves of any blame is quite staggering 

Possibly a new world record 

It's unreal. There's always an excuse for anything.

5 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

That's Rangers and their fans totally vindicated tbh. Clearly the Scottish government's fault.

Wee Nippy and Humza have basically whispered into people's ears 'Go on Billy, start belting the Sash oot and chuck a boatle at yon polis over there'

Just now, Jinky67 said:

No it makes sense, your just fucking thick as f**k

Ok, I'm sorry then. He really wasn't being a hypocrite with his what about the pandemic rhetoric.

Thank you for explaining it all so eloquently. 

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

They'd literally walk out of the ground straight to a shop to buy a bottle of vodka to join in.

You're surely not this naive?

Same as the other guy who said something like "Aberdeen are no angels".

No we're not. An away game in Dundee almost always meant the Centenary bar would get trashed. Folk who didn't want to be involved avoided it. Simple stuff. It seems the only folk who didn't know what was going to happen on Saturday were Rangers fans.

It's unreal. There's always an excuse for anything.

I never said they wouldn’t drink, but given they’d lose a large chunk of the day inside the stadium then they’d not end up as bladdered as those that had spent the full day drinking.

I don’t think anyone can argue against the suggestion that fans controlled inside a stadium is better than them getting bevvied up before heading along to George Square?

Edited by AJF

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I never said they wouldn’t drink, but given they’d lose a large chunk of the day inside the stadium then they’d not end up as bladdered as those that had spent the full day there.

I don’t think anyone can argue against the suggestion that fans controlled inside a stadium is better than them getting bevvied up before heading along to George Square.

Instead of passing out they might have had fights instead in that case.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I never said they wouldn’t drink, but given they’d lose a large chunk of the day inside the stadium then they’d not end up as bladdered as those that had spent the full day drinking.

I don’t think anyone can argue against the suggestion that fans controlled inside a stadium is better than them getting bevvied up before heading along to George Square?

They just get bevvied up before they go in and resume 2 hours later and factor in the early kick off then its not that hard to play catch up