Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

1 hour ago, Tommy Carcetti said:

When someone isn't showing enough respect on the thread.

giphy-36.gif.f245450101733af628ad3b6733f56776.gif

I love this gif, we’ve all been there watching our club from the stands just gesturing to ourselves and anyone around us. The wee skelp to Durrant’s shoulders just one of sheer frustration.

RIP Sir Walter.

It is a measure of the man, that inside football I doubt you'd find a single person who has a bad word to say about him and 99.9% of all fans from all team can recognise what a giant he was for his own team(s). So many times his side battered mine and hated every single one, but I cannot remember a time when he was anything but a gracious person and was delighted when he got the Scotland job. 

Heartbreaking to hear Ally McCoist talk about him today, but he put it so well when he pointed out that so many knew of his illness, but gave him the privacy him and his family deserved, which in part shows how respected he was.

A legend of Rangers, of course, but a legend of Scottish Football as well. By all accounts, the best thing about him was just how he was as a man. A class above. 

A very sad day. I was lucky enough to be at Hampden when we beat France 1-0, and it remains one my best days as a football fan. 

Thank you for that, Walter. Rest in peace, sir. 

Very sad to hear about Walter's passing - an absolute giant for we Rangers fans but a big figure for Scotland too.  I just watched Ally's interview on Talksport and unashamedly shed a few tears.

To make matters worse, I also read that Jimmy Millar died today.  His Ibrox career was waning when I started to follow follow but he was a goal-scorer of great renown with 162 goals in 317 games for us, a great favourite of my auld man and, indeed, Walter's hero when he was a young supporter.  I recently read Davie Wilson's ghosted bio and, of course, the famous partnership of Millar, Brand and Wilson featured heavily.

So a terrible day all round.  RIP Walter and Jimmy.  Thanks for all you gave to us.

2 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

McCoist left more than a lump in the throat on TalkSport this morning - a moving tribute to a colossal manager and magnificent man. 

Rest east, Walter. 

There's been a few that have got me.  I've actually felt the need to explain to my wife that, no, i didn't know him personally, but it feels like a death in the family.

Not that any Rangers fans have more or less of a claim to their memories of Walter, but I'm 42, my childhood years and formative time as a Rangers fan was watching Graeme Souness and then Walters Rangers sides.  I grew up knowing nothing other than us winning, which a generation of Rangers fans before me probably couldn't say in the same way.

There will never be another person that shapes a club the way he did.