Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

14 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Helander being out is a big blow but balogun as replacement I don’t believe weakens us to a great extent on paper .

How that will pan out in performances remains to be seen . Any real issues will be if balogun or Goldson pick up a serious knock over the course of the season. 

Balogun took a bit of stick after the Malmo game at Ibrox, more on account of people not being able to understand why he was picked ahead of Fil.  Barisic didn't do him any favours in that game either and left him constantly exposed.

He;s shown that he can step up in the big games before though.

37 minutes ago, Desp said:

I think Motherwell were under the microscope for a few years after the 2015 game.  It certainly was the case that the first couple of rows of all the home ends were taped off at Fir Park for a few select games, as any more misdemeanours would have incurred a hefty fine.  I'm sure they were being extra cautious with the away fans in the Rangers games.  I don't recall it happening for Celtic, but can't confirm.  

Behave.  It will take more than a few injuries.  Rangers finished 39 points clear of 3rd place last season.  Come back closer to the pack, perhaps, but it would take gross mismanagement of the highest order for Rangers to finish below an Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts or Motherwell.  Celtic, with their worst season is god knows how long, failed to win 16 of their league games last season and still finished 14 points clear in 2nd place. 

As much as I would love it, it isn't happening any time soon.  The gap between 3rd and 12th in the Scottish Premiership is microscopic compared to the gap between even 2nd and 3rd.  Despite many pretend protestations, that's exactly how Rangers & Celtic like it and they'll do all they can to ensure it remains that way. 

You have just described the premier league here, every year. 
If the premiership review group can do 1 thing, then hopefully it is to reduce the ridiculous gap between 2nd and 3rd.

It won’t happen though. 
Hard neck calling it a competition. 

1 minute ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Balogun took a bit of stick after the Malmo game at Ibrox, more on account of people not being able to understand why he was picked ahead of Fil.  Barisic didn't do him any favours in that game either and left him constantly exposed.

He;s shown that he can step up in the big games before though.

Yeah it’s the only stand out poor game I can think he has had for us to be honest  .

Last season he fitted in well when he was called in and he had a superb performance at right back in the old firm game . I think and hope he will do well over the course of a season in there although gutted for big Fil as him and goldson are definitely our most settled pairing at the back. 

55 minutes ago, Desp said:

I think Motherwell were under the microscope for a few years after the 2015 game.  It certainly was the case that the first couple of rows of all the home ends were taped off at Fir Park for a few select games, as any more misdemeanours would have incurred a hefty fine.  I'm sure they were being extra cautious with the away fans in the Rangers games.  I don't recall it happening for Celtic, but can't confirm.  

Behave.  It will take more than a few injuries.  Rangers finished 39 points clear of 3rd place last season.  Come back closer to the pack, perhaps, but it would take gross mismanagement of the highest order for Rangers to finish below an Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts or Motherwell.  Celtic, with their worst season is god knows how long, failed to win 16 of their league games last season and still finished 14 points clear in 2nd place. 

As much as I would love it, it isn't happening any time soon.  The gap between 3rd and 12th in the Scottish Premiership is microscopic compared to the gap between even 2nd and 3rd.  Despite many pretend protestations, that's exactly how Rangers & Celtic like it and they'll do all they can to ensure it remains that way. 

I don’t think there’s much realistic chance of a diddy winning the league, but if a non-OF team is going to crack 80 points this season that will likely amount to a serious title challenge, which is probably about as good as they could ever hope for.

Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen all have deeper squads this year. With the OF near-certain to regress, if they’re gonna make a run at it this year would be a good time to do it.

Helander missing is a big blow. We missed him hugely in the second half of the 19/20 season. The issue is that Simpson isn't even in the EL squad and it's not like Balogun doesn't pick up little injuries here and there. 

23 minutes ago, G51 said:

I don’t think there’s much realistic chance of a diddy winning the league, but if a non-OF team is going to crack 80 points this season that will likely amount to a serious title challenge, which is probably about as good as they could ever hope for.

Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen all have deeper squads this year. With the OF near-certain to regress, if they’re gonna make a run at it this year would be a good time to do it.

Hibs haven't been hugely tested yet and Aberdeen are in transition at the moment. I think near all Aberdeen fans would take a 4th placed finish this year.

Edited by DMCs

1 minute ago, Lyle Lanley said:

We've just confirmed we are getting no away tickets either. 

What the hell is going on. I noticed that Motherwell simply said in their statement that it was due to "ongoing restrictions" but I never seen that expanded on. Have Hibs given a similar reason or anything more detailed?

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

What the hell is going on. I noticed that Motherwell simply said in their statement that it was due to "ongoing restrictions" but I never seen that expanded on. Have Hibs given a similar reason or anything more detailed?

I think they just give Rangers as the reason and everyone shrugs 

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Our email said Rangers need to use their visiting section area to relocate their ST holders who sit in the red zone area. 

11 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

We've just confirmed we are getting no away tickets. 

If we were willing to give celtic tickets then this isn't on and makes us look like fannies, Rangers should give an explanation for this, rather than this red zone pish.

If teams don't give us an away allocation then we can't complain. 

Edited by bennett

NEIL DONCASTER and Murdo MacLennan will NOT be at Ibrox when Rangers unfurl the Premiership flag.

And SunSport understands Gers have commissioned their own spectacular standard to mark the occasion — one which WON'T carry the name of league sponsors cinch.

Ibrox chiefs sparked fury among the league’s governing body when they refused to advertise the car dealer in their opening Premiership game against Livingston.

cinch penned a record deal with the SPFL worth around £1.6million per season.

However, Rangers argue they don’t have to honour aspects of the contract if they will negatively impact their own pre-existing sponsorship deals.

A bitter row has been simmering ever since — with the SPFL asking the SFA to intervene.

The stand-off has led to growing fears cinch could back out because one of the biggest clubs in the country is refusing to promote their brand.

Now we can reveal the SPFL chief executive and chairman won’t be present at the clash with Motherwell as Rangers chairman Douglas Park prepares to lead the celebrations