Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

23 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Rudyard Kipling used the term 14 years earlier than Connolly to describe the Germans. But that isn't the base use of the term either.

Anyway, discussing this is a deflection from the Ibrox club associating themselves with bigots over time, and trying to appeal to a section of support by utilising sectarian symbols.

Rudyard Kipling had almost no influence on Scotland or Ireland, so that isn’t really relevant. 

In any case, I always thought that the principle of the insulted being those who judge whether an insult was bigoted or not was well established, and has been across Western society for years. The idea that people can call you a bigoted word and then say “That’s not what I really meant though” has, rightly, been binned long ago.

Like I said though, none of this really matters.

Dafuq happened to this thread? 
Any chance some of you boys could find a couple of pals or a wife/girlfriend and maybe go for a couple of pints or a spot of dinner on a Saturday night? 
Any chance your club and fans could just accept there is a racist/bigoted section of your support and try stamp it out instead of making excuses for them.

24 minutes ago, Empty It said:
4 hours ago, alta-pete said:
Any chance some of you boys could find a couple of pals or a wife/girlfriend and maybe go for a couple of pints or a spot of dinner on a Saturday night? 

Any chance your club and fans could just accept there is a racist/bigoted section of your support and try stamp it out instead of making excuses for them.

I'm not disagreeing with your general stance here, but...how does a football club stamp out the opinions of its fans? Has it ever been done successfully in world football? 

Christ, if Rangers were to get rid of the bigots and racists in their support, they'd be offering three of their stands to the away fans every home game.

6 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

I'm not disagreeing with your general stance here, but...how does a football club stamp out the opinions of its fans? Has it ever been done successfully in world football? 

Christ, if Rangers were to get rid of the bigots and racists in their support, they'd be offering three of their stands to the away fans every home game.

yeah,  it would almost be like if they were a new club

2 hours ago, G51 said:

Rudyard Kipling had almost no influence on Scotland or Ireland, so that isn’t really relevant. 

It's quite misguided to believe that James Connolly had more influence on Scotland than Rudyard Kipling. Kipling wrote extensively about Ireland as well, and received the Nobel Prize for Literature, the first English language writer to do so.

But it's a deflection to mention these people, rather than your own 'people', who, encouraged by the club's officials, flaunt racism and sectarianism as a badge of honour.

They hand out bans for any sectarian behaviour and ban supporters groups with history of bigotry.

26 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

It’s already been said on but maybe not bringing out orange kits and hiring a bigot as your head of PR would be a small step 

4 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Man gets one night out in like 5 years and decides to rain hell on the nerds about it

Edited by NotThePars

26 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

Perhaps. But there are literally thousands more bigots waiting to step into the breach. 

Yeah but you don’t have to hire them

It’s not that difficult to hire someone who isn’t part of a hate group, especially when it’s public 

11 minutes ago, bennett said:

Getting away from the last 6 or 7 pages. Was Dave King right, that one title win for Rangers will see celtic collapsing?

Had Celtic actually been competent last season then possibly but feel like because they were so hopeless they have collapsed and now this is the rebuild, Celtic obviously have far more resources than Rangers so depends if they can build back to be above the standard Rangers have risen to in the last season.

7 minutes ago, 101 said:

Had Celtic actually been competent last season then possibly but feel like because they were so hopeless they have collapsed and now this is the rebuild, Celtic obviously have far more resources than Rangers so depends if they can build back to be above the standard Rangers have risen to in the last season.

Looking at their defence, I’m sceptical. Be interested to see how much game time Vickers gets because it screams play or pay.