Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

12 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

Anyway the page has digressed enough . 

Should we start wee Alfie on Saturday or give him a last half hour run out . Feel he has to start on Tuesday regardless of wether he is match fit or not 

I would start him on the bench and see how we are doing.  Certainly get him on for the last 30 mins, or if the game is going well for us, get him on earlier. 

Depends on Aribo and Hagi for me

If both are fit to pick then go starting lineup (sub at halftime)

Lundstram            Davis             Arfield (Aribo)
Kent             Itten (Alfie)            Wright (Hagi)

4 minutes ago, Orbix said:

Depends on Aribo and Hagi for me

If both are fit to pick then go starting lineup (sub at halftime)

Lundstram            Davis             Arfield (Aribo)
Kent             Itten (Alfie)            Wright (Hagi)

Gerrard has confirmed that Hagi won't be available tomorrow.

Hagi took a few hefty boots from Livingston players, hopefully he's back soon. Kamara being available is a boost, the midfield is more balanced with him playing but nothing about Aribo being available. 

Looks like Alfie will be on the bench.

🎙️ SG: We will be without Ianis Hagi. Roofe is available to return to the group, Kamara will return to the squad. Morelos is available but he will need a couple of sessions on his return. Ryan Jack will be another couple of weeks all being well

27 minutes ago, Orbix said:

Don't know what benefit we'd get out of playing Kamara in this game when he's not eligible for Tuesday.

Suppose it comes down the fact that Tananadice away is usually a tricky game and 3 points is the priority .

It is easy to get sidetracked by the champions league qualification at this stage but as far as I’m concerned we have to put our strongest possible 11 out there to start tomorrow .  

Edited by Forever_blueco

2 hours ago, Orbix said:

Don't know what benefit we'd get out of playing Kamara in this game when he's not eligible for Tuesday.

He's one of our best players,  if possible I'd play a midfield 3 of Davis, Kamara and Aribo.

4 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

The midfield 3 from the Malmo game can't be a thing again.  

Agreed. I thought Gerrard should’ve had Lundstram playing as the holding midfielder and Davis with Arfield in the more advance position, but that still would’ve left the problem of Davis and Arfield together which I don’t think ever works in that setup. Although Davis is clearly the far better of the two, they’re just too similar.

4 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

The midfield 3 from the Malmo game can't be a thing again.  

I think a big part of why we was struggled was a lack of match fitness though. Plus that midfield should theoretically work better domestically where keeping the ball is less important.