Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

57 minutes ago, Orbix said:

I wonder whether there’s a clause in some of our existing SEKO or TOMKET or BITCI deals whereby we can’t undercut the pricing we charge for equivalent spaces, to ensure they’re not on the hook for £2m for the left sleeve and then we sell the right for £20. 

If that’s the case and the maths works out that the per game cost of the cinch deal is actually worse, and would trigger a clause, it’d make sense as to why they’re not displaying it.

We're all guessing but this seems very plausible - especially with us announcing Tomket as official sleeve sponsors last year.  Plus, of course, the SPFL are utter knuts.

It’s the only thing that makes sense to me as to why the response has been so aggressive. Imagine Bisgrove being told he’s worked his backside off to raise the profile of the club and generate deals, only for the SPFL to have signed a shit agreement that comes with a bonus of even more shit.

16 hours ago, AJF said:

Yeah, I don't disagree - just asking the question as I'd have thought it would be made clear if that was the reason.

It wont be.

Rangers will do their usual. Kick up a fuss because they're not getting what they want, claim they're only kicking up a fuss for the "betterment of the Scottish game as a whole", then greet and moan about how much everyone hates Rangers when their ridiculous plans fall on their arse.

It's quite clearly just a self important club flexing because one of their directors is upset his club is having to promote a rival. Cinch could realistically walk away and completely f**k most Scottish clubs to a Setanta level, but I doubt Rangers actually care about that either way.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It wont be.

Rangers will do their usual. Kick up a fuss because they're not getting what they want, claim they're only kicking up a fuss for the "betterment of the Scottish game as a whole", then greet and moan about how much everyone hates Rangers when their ridiculous plans fall on their arse.

It's quite clearly just a self important club flexing because one of their directors is upset his club is having to promote a rival. Cinch could realistically walk away and completely f**k most Scottish clubs to a Setanta level, but I doubt Rangers actually care about that either way.

Pass the Kleenex,  the tears are streaming doon my face here.

Damn you Sevco!!!

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It wont be.

How will teams survive without the fiver a week our supreme overlords have skilfully paid for others to negotiate?

Of course Mr Park could have offered to sponsor the league himself if he was that concerned. Celtic have had Phoenix for years, I saw Mercedes Benz of Edinburgh at Tynecastle on Saturday night, Motherwell have had Motorpoint sponsor our shorts. It's hard to find a club without some tie in with the motor trade. 

The other 40 in the league don't pander to the orange (or green) pound. So every penny is a prisoner.

Club captain asking fans to respect taking the knee for racism however no gestures or even a pook out the club to combat bigotry.

May I suggest, it's about at empty and hollow as you can get:

nintchdbpict000017010812.jpg

19 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Of course Mr Park could have offered to sponsor the league himself if he was that concerned. Celtic have had Phoenix for years, I saw Mercedes Benz of Edinburgh at Tynecastle on Saturday night, Motherwell have had Motorpoint sponsor our shorts. It's hard to find a club without some tie in with the motor trade. 

The other 40 in the league don't pander to the orange (or green) pound. So every penny is a prisoner.

Club captain asking fans to respect taking the knee for racism however no gestures or even a pook out the club to combat bigotry.

May I suggest, it's about at empty and hollow as you can get:

nintchdbpict000017010812.jpg

You’re getting mad at a position that’s being assumed, and at a picture taken before a quarter of our squad were born? 

great job. 

I'm no fan of Rangers (or Celtic for that matter) but it is interesting that so many people are upset about a situation that nobody knows the details of and are off and running for presumed reasons.

If it is simply that Park doesn't want a competitor on the sleeve then he should indeed f**k up and wind his neck in. But that seems pretty unlikely, surely? He and Rangers can't possibly be that stupid?

If, on the other hand, the issue is that the deal breaches other contacts Rangers have, which has been suggested, then that issue falls squarely at the feet of Cockwomble for A. Having a rule that clubs can challenge commercial deals on that basis in the first place (which is stupid) and B. Given that rule exists not checking with clubs before signing the deal with Cinch. That the (current) number 1 team in the country is at odds with it and he seemingly didn't know that before the opening weekend of the season speaks for shite leadership from those who are in charge of the game in either case.

Let's wait and see what the details are though. If it is just Park being a wean that will indeed be embarrassing for Rangers and they'll deserve all the ridicule that comes their way as a result.

11 hours ago, Orbix said:

You’re getting mad at a position that’s being assumed, and at a picture taken before a quarter of our squad were born? 

great job. 

Fan from mad, just the rest of Scottish football is finding ourselves rolling the eyes at you lot taking over from your neighbours in feigned victimhood. Every day this rumbles on it is clear Park is spitting the dummy. It will go to court, it'll drag out and both the league and yourselves will look tin pot.

As for the picture, you really don't get it do you? Employ a little rational thought as to gestures and not addressing the core of what drives your club. Shall we ignore the fact your club ignored doing anything other than recognising racism is bad?

Now don't get mad

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Just when you thought the rangers paranoia couldn't get much worse along comes Murdo Fraser emoji23.png

https://www.scotsman.com/news/opinion/columnists/does-the-snp-have-a-rangers-problem-murdo-fraser-3333330

Utterly loathsome.

By that I mean the House Jock newspaper. The "politician" (christ!) with 0 election wins under his belt is a c**t. He's the c**t's c**t.