Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

4 minutes ago, mealsonwheels said:

Christ that lad can play! Gerrard has done well with him. He was a good player when he signed but he has become an exceptional talent!!

He's a rare talent and, in true Kent fashion, he crashed a sitter onto the crossbar!

35 minutes ago, just me 2 said:

Anybody know when we should be expecting emails for the game on Saturday?

I'd heard they were hoping they'd be out today but I wouldn't be surprised if there was ongoing discussions about the numbers that will be allowed. 

Sad to hear. 63 years old. I turned 60 a couple of weeks ago, and I went to Johnstone High School, as Ally did. We weren’t in the same year, so weren’t classmates or anything, but he was well known around the school for his footballing talent. RIP.

On 06/07/2021 at 09:05, AJF said:

It's going to be interesting to see how our squad is looking when our season commences. First team wise, this is probably who we have:

Keepers: McGregor, McLaughlin

Defenders: Tavernier, Patterson, Goldson, Helander, Balogun, Simpson, Edmundson, Katic, Barisic, Bassey

Midfield: Davis, Jack, Kamara, Arfield, Lundstram, Ofoborh

Playmakers: Aribo, Hagi

Forwards: Wright, Kent, Roofe, Morelos, Sakala, Itten, Defoe

I think the level of player sales will largely depend on how we fare in the Champions League Qualifiers, but I'd probably expect a minimum of 2 to be sold while their stock is relatively high. Add in the fact that we are quite heavy in numbers at CB, I could see another two from there leaving or going out on loan so maybe 4 in total. I'd imagine Jones and Barker will be away so I've not included them.

I think Kamara will have a bit of interest off the back of an excellent season and solid enough Euro performances while the rumours continue to circulate Morelos so those two, for me, are the most likely to go for decent cash and I'd be disappointed if we can't get ~£20M-£25M for them combined.

Our first departure sees Edmundson heading to Ipswich which wasn't at all surprising given our numbers at CB, especially now that Katic is back in the fold. I still expect to see another go, possibly Simpson or Katic out on loan. I have a bad feeling Helander might have someone come in for him though.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Why was the Rangers B v Civil Service Strollers match off/abandoned tonight?

It wasn't. BBC's website/app has just been saying a lot of games in the Lowland League have been "abandoned" when they haven't. The game finished 1-3.

Gerrard stating in his press conference this morning that any reports that Goldson has signed a new contract are untrue. Also said Ryan Jack is now back training with the main squad which is promising though probably still a few weeks away.