Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

13 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Can't argue with any of that - and I'm unsure about Mayo.  He looked a bit at sea in that half.

Thistle look pretty tidy and should do well in the Championship this season.  Shame some of their fans are sanctimonious prigs, though.

Itten is frustrating me here. Simultaneously doing a lot of good and bad. Good movement and he's getting on the ball a lot. He has the vision and is the seeing the passes but his final execution of that pass has been really off.

26 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

For a team that won the league last season, there are a few angry Rangers fans on here now. 

Oh ffs A90, do keep up. We’re always perma -raging!! And fat too, apparently. Surprised you haven’t been keeping abreast!

11 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Itten is frustrating me here. Simultaneously doing a lot of good and bad. Good movement and he's getting on the ball a lot. He has the vision and is the seeing the passes but his final execution of that pass has been really off.

I keep hoping Ced will come good - but I'm increasingly sceptical.

Wee Kelly doing himself a few favours here, though.

41 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Oh ffs A90, do keep up. We’re always perma -raging!! And fat too, apparently. Surprised you haven’t been keeping abreast!

As well as being perma-raging, you’re also lacking road knowledge. A90 not on my route.

20 minutes ago, BlueBear said:

Just good to see the Queen's 11 back on the turf. 

Heart skipped a few beats just watching them. 

Poor form to refer to yourselves as the Queens 11 when you have essentially bumped her out of tens of milllions. 

3 hours ago, BlueBear said:

Care to debate the points as opposed to personal abuse? 

Oops. Thought not! 

😂

Now I'm trying to watch the Queen's 11 at Firhill, so catch yeh. 

Make some first then instead of just smashing Rangers buzz words and I’ll be happy to.

36 minutes ago, bennett said:

Some things never change....

Sevco getting dodgy penalties and offside goals. Normality resumed early.

Share this 

The final whistle goes in a rangers game and you’re immediately searching for Celtic reactions on social media. You are right, some things never change. 

2 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

The final whistle goes in a rangers game and you’re immediately searching for Celtic reactions on social media. You are right, some things never change. 

Sorry Drew.

It's going to be interesting to see how our squad is looking when our season commences. First team wise, this is probably who we have:

Keepers: McGregor, McLaughlin

Defenders: Tavernier, Patterson, Goldson, Helander, Balogun, Simpson, Edmundson, Katic, Barisic, Bassey

Midfield: Davis, Jack, Kamara, Arfield, Lundstram, Ofoborh

Playmakers: Aribo, Hagi

Forwards: Wright, Kent, Roofe, Morelos, Sakala, Itten, Defoe

I think the level of player sales will largely depend on how we fare in the Champions League Qualifiers, but I'd probably expect a minimum of 2 to be sold while their stock is relatively high. Add in the fact that we are quite heavy in numbers at CB, I could see another two from there leaving or going out on loan so maybe 4 in total. I'd imagine Jones and Barker will be away so I've not included them.

I think Kamara will have a bit of interest off the back of an excellent season and solid enough Euro performances while the rumours continue to circulate Morelos so those two, for me, are the most likely to go for decent cash and I'd be disappointed if we can't get ~£20M-£25M for them combined.

Edited by AJF