Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

21 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I tried to find out when he was at Dens but come up short - how did Kamara end up in Arsenal's youth set up? 

Because he was decent for Southends youth team.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Because he was decent for Southends youth team.

Was he not loaned to Southend from Arsenal? 

Edit : no you're right. He was signed from Southend then loaned back. Which makes it even more confusing. How do Southend pick up boys playing in Finland at youth level?

Edited by Mr. Alli

6 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Fairly sure he started at Southend, moved to Arsenal really young, then at some point later on returned to Southend on loan.

There used to be an article up about his early career that was quite intere, but it's now lost amongst all the stories about Arsenal signing him this Summer.

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Edit : no you're right. He was signed from Southend then loaned back. Which makes it even more confusing. How do Southend pick up boys playing in Finland at youth level?

Did he not move to London with his family as a kid/teenager?

16 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Not according to this :

Screenshot_2021-06-12-11-28-06-34.thumb.jpg.5c18143e81c39b6b7d513a7453f6720c.jpg

He was 14 when Southend signed him.

Howling at this when I was looking for info :

IMG_20210612_112828.thumb.jpg.41d9a6661296f78bb8c60f5b8ab9ec50.jpg

The top result. 

:lol:

The young loons such as @Dons_1988and @Merkland Redwill have no view but older sheepies like @Jacksgranda, @Sheep62, @Help Ma Boab and @kingjoeywill join with me in acknowledging how well deserved 'Psycho' Davie Robertson's British Empire Medal is for his work in Kashmir.

Plus he was such a good left back for us in the 9iar era:

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The young loons such as @Dons_1988and @Merkland Redwill have no view but older sheepies like @Jacksgranda, @Sheep62, @Help Ma Boab and @kingjoeywill join with me in acknowledging how well deserved 'Psycho' Davie Robertson's British Empire Medal is for his work in Kashmir.

🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Cracking documentary on Iplayer about him and the football team over in Kashmir. 

Before your time - but when we signed Arthur Newman the chat was all about, "I wonder if he'll be as good as Davie Robertson"

4 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fairly sure he started at Southend, moved to Arsenal really young, then at some point later on returned to Southend on loan.

There used to be an article up about his early career that was quite intere, but it's now lost amongst all the stories about Arsenal signing him this Summer.

This guy would probably know: Chris Phillips (@CJPhillips1982) / Twitter

2 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

His family moved to London before he was 2 years old I believe.

EDIT: Actually just looked it up there and they moved when he was 12.

Edited by DMCs

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

If you could limit tagging me in this thread to occasions when rangers and/or its fans disgrace themselves that would be grand. 

With that in mind, see you here in a week or two. 

Edited by Dons_1988

56 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Defo ahead of Stormzy’s time but Stuart Munro, who Rangers bought Davie Robertson was bought to replace, lived in the next street to me in Grangemouth.

That was the mid-late 80s when I was living in Hoxton and had a massive £38K mortgage on a £43K flat to pay so could seldom visit Ibrox.

Wee Stuart was decent...but Davie Robertson was a huge upgrade.

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Davie who ?

Anyway, just one more member required and we've got a pretty solid five a side "walking football" team there 😉

42 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

Davie who ?

Anyway, just one more member required and we've got a pretty solid five a side "walking football" team there 😉

Isn't @Raidernationone of the Zimmer Dandies?  I'm pretty sure he's up there.

BTW I played walking football for 2 years prior to covid.  I was as shite at 60 as I was at 16.  Great sport, though.

Edited by The_Kincardine