Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

42 minutes ago, Empty It said:

The absolute state of this post. 76 year old Steven Davis would get picked over McGinn or McTominay emoji23.pngemoji106.png

You chose the two players that I said would probably make the starting 11.... 

What I'm saying is Scotland would probably start Aribo and Kamara, they might go for McGinn or McTominay over one of them and the other over Davis but there is no way shape or form that Scotland would be sneering at a player of Davis's quality, granted he perhaps wouldn't "stroll in to the starting 11" but he would deffo make the squad easily and definitely potentially play a pivitol role. 

ETA - To really add to this point and put it to bed. Scotland started Callum McGregor today and will unfortunately likely play him throughout the tournament. Based off Scottish Premiership performance over the course of this season would anyone seriously choose McGregor over Davis? If you answer yes then you're too far gone to reason with. 

Edited by Stormzy

8 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

You chose the two players that I said would probably make the starting 11.... 

What I'm saying is Scotland would probably start Aribo and Kamara, they might go for McGinn or McTominay over one of them and the other over Davis but there is no way shape or form that Scotland would be sneering at a player of Davis's quality, granted he perhaps wouldn't "stroll in to the starting 11" but he would deffo make the squad easily and definitely potentially play a pivitol role. 

Quick question, bud.

Had Rangers played a pre-season friendly vs that Luxembourg team tonight how happy would you have been with a 1-0 win?

Before you answer it - I'd have been looking for the nearest shark to throw.

35 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Quick question, bud.

Had Rangers played a pre-season friendly vs that Luxembourg team tonight how happy would you have been with a 1-0 win?

Before you answer it - I'd have been looking for the nearest shark to throw.

I'd be looking for the manager in the nearest hedge or caravan tbqhwy. 

3 hours ago, Stormzy said:

I can't be arsed having this discussion in the Scotland thread as it would be an irrelevant sidetrack and undoubtedly melt a lot of heads but I've been thinking about this, if Clarke could pick every Rangers player for Scotland I genuinely think the only differences would be Tierney/Robertson (which is harsh on Barasic) and perhaps McGinn or McTominay.

I think there would be 2 or 3 non Rangers players that would be picked. Shagger, Tav, Goldson, Helander, Kamara, Aribo, Davis, Hagi, Kent, Morelos would all casually stroll in to the Scotland squad/starting 11. 

5FB58EFD-456B-49D8-8954-957802FFB0F7.gif

9 hours ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Congrats on the new dandy! You’re going to make a wonderful mom.😉

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

If there IS a dandy who will be a good parent it's wur big pal @Dons_1988.  The Mr Responsible of the sub-forum.

Thanks lads, but it lasted about 10 minutes before she was off again. Don’t think my Scotland call up would’ve been fully justified. 

There's not an International side on the planet that could beat Rangers this season.

I'm not even sure there's a club side on the planet that would've won a single league game against them in 20/21.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Pleased to see JD sign on for another year and I think the move into coaching will suit him. It’s clear that he is very well respected at the club and everyone that talks about him mentions how professional he is.

He will obviously be used very sparingly on the pitch, but for someone that has scored 32 goals in his 72 appearances for us, he is a great option to have.

Edited by AJF

18 minutes ago, AJF said:

Pleased to see JD sign on for another year and I think the move into coaching will suit him. It’s clear that he is very well respected at the club and everyone that talks about him mentions how professional he is.

He will obviously be used very sparingly on the pitch, but for someone that has scored 32 goals in his 72 appearances for us, he is a great option to have.

Defoe will be one of they players we will be watching his Rangers YouTube highlights in 5 to 10 years reminiscing what a player he was in the time we had him 

Edited by Forever_blueco

Confirmation as well that Greg Stewart and Bongani Zungu have left the club following the end of their contract/loan deal. Makes sense with Sakala coming in and Zungu wasn't quite the player we thought we were getting.

51 minutes ago, AJF said:

Confirmation as well that Greg Stewart and Bongani Zungu have left the club following the end of their contract/loan deal. Makes sense with Sakala coming in and Zungu wasn't quite the player we thought we were getting.

Season 2 Agree GIF by Paramount+

4 hours ago, AJF said:

Zungu looked the part when he came on vs Accies but never really lived up to his billing after that.  Right thing to let him go but disappointing as, on paper, he had all the right credentials.

9 hours ago, gaz5 said:

Surprised to see you boys released the young lad Dickson who played against Falkirk. He looked a decent player.

Other issues?

I seen someone speculate on twitter that he'd been caught drink driving and that may have factored into the decision but I've no idea how true it is so definitely take with a pinch of salt.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

What a season Glen Kamara had - a player who has improved greatly under Gerrard and Beale.  Nice to see this wee montage.  Oh and that Finnish top is brilliant:

Yep - he has been really consistent and finds himself as one of our most valuable assets. I reckon he might be one of the players to be sold, especially if he shows up well at the Euros.

16 minutes ago, AJF said:

Yep - he has been really consistent and finds himself as one of our most valuable assets. I reckon he might be one of the players to be sold, especially if he shows up well at the Euros.

You're probably right but that would weaken us a lot.

Borna isn't the best defender and what we've seen a lot this year is Kamara filling in for him.