Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Club 1872 - and this is a slap in their puss.

That’s it, thanks.

Wonder would the board be happier if that money was directed towards this share issue? It just increases their shareholding, rather than spreading it around but it does mean they get the money rather than King’s retirement fund.

8 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Sellick have pulled the Glasgow shirt from their website and, instead, are selling the Dublin version.

Not willing to sell the Glasgow shirt because of its slight resemblance to a 30-year old rival's shirt is understandable.

Changing it to sell a shirt commemorating a city in a foreign country  merely panders to the bhigots among the Sellick support.

An rather bizarre take that wearing the shirt of a foreign country makes you a bigot.

That’s it, thanks.

Wonder would the board be happier if that money was directed towards this share issue? It just increases their shareholding, rather than spreading it around but it does mean they get the money rather than King’s retirement fund.
I may be wrong here but wouldn't this just increase the number of shares held rather than % given the number of share issues diluting the overall total amount of shares held?

4 hours ago, weirdcal said:

I may be wrong here but wouldn't this just increase the number of shares held rather than % given the number of share issues diluting the overall total amount of shares held?

I have no idea but you would think if bought more shares it would incrase a bit, not as much as buying existing shares. But even if they by Kings shares it will still be diluted but more being released only this way King gets his money back and the club gets nothing.

My back of fag packed manths.....

10,000 shares and they own 2% (200 shares owned)

another 10,000 shares released they would need to buy another 200 shares to stay at 2% but if they bought 250 they would increase their shareholding.

1 hour ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Aye totally eh. Guys from Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Aston Villa would struggle against a team who are a mid-table Championship side.  

Rangers have what maybe two players who would stand a chance of getting a game for Scotland, if that.  

I can't be arsed having this discussion in the Scotland thread as it would be an irrelevant sidetrack and undoubtedly melt a lot of heads but I've been thinking about this, if Clarke could pick every Rangers player for Scotland I genuinely think the only differences would be Tierney/Robertson (which is harsh on Barasic) and perhaps McGinn or McTominay.

I think there would be 2 or 3 non Rangers players that would be picked. Shagger, Tav, Goldson, Helander, Kamara, Aribo, Davis, Hagi, Kent, Morelos would all casually stroll in to the Scotland squad/starting 11. 

29 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I can't be arsed having this discussion in the Scotland thread as it would be an irrelevant sidetrack and undoubtedly melt a lot of heads but I've been thinking about this, if Clarke could pick every Rangers player for Scotland I genuinely think the only differences would be Tierney/Robertson (which is harsh on Barasic) and perhaps McGinn or McTominay.

I think there would be 2 or 3 non Rangers players that would be picked. Shagger, Tav, Goldson, Helander, Kamara, Aribo, Davis, Hagi, Kent, Morelos would all casually stroll in to the Scotland squad/starting 11. 

Good man, Stormzy, mate, and that's about right.

The context of this discussion was me saying that, since the late 80s, Scotland would lose to a decent Scottish club side - which is about right.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

:lol: enjoy your night lads

The A'deen side of 1983 would have beaten the Scotland team of 1983 - but not by much.  

Since then the delta has increased between a good domestic team and a good national team.

Not that you want drawn in to this debate...

9 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The A'deen side of 1983 would have beaten the Scotland team of 1983 - but not by much.  

Since then the delta has increased between a good domestic team and a good national team.

Not that you want drawn in to this debate...

Nice try

The absolute state of this post. 76 year old Steven Davis would get picked over McGinn or McTominay [emoji23][emoji106]

17 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

That was, though, the point I made on the match thread - and I know you've an opinion on this.

my opinion is that I should be picked for Scotland on the basis I just put my 11 day old daughter to sleep after a 3 hour screaming session. 

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

my opinion is that I should be picked for Scotland on the basis I just put my 11 day old daughter to sleep after a 3 hour screaming session. 

As long as she's feeding and shitting ok then strap her in to a BabyBjorn facing you and take her for a walk or just do tasks around the house while she's close to you.  Much better than trying to 'put her down' when what she really needs is comfort from you or her maw.