Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

2 hours ago, Stormzy said:

So my sister is visiting and she delivered me a Rangers Dairy Milk chocolate bar that my maw had ordered and sent to the wrong address as she is signed up for the emails, after spending a good deal laughing at my fellow bears parting money for the chocolate bar I have joined the club. 

The big question is do I eat it or just keep it? 

Genuinely mate, eat it. You'll realise when you get it that the actual chocolate is extremely replaceable!

1 hour ago, bennett said:

What's the problem with Stormzys post?

I think he probably just finds Rangers fans calling each other "bears" as cringey. I'd actually agree in most circumstances. One of those terms that I used to use taking the piss and it's actually crept into my forum vocabulary. 

Just now, Stormzy said:

I think he probably just finds Rangers fans calling each other "bears" as cringey. I'd actually agree in most circumstances. One of those terms that I used to use taking the piss and it's actually crept into my forum vocabulary. 

Maybe an age thing or I'm probably just cringey but I've never had a problem with it.

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

I think the rule of thumb is that if it winds up the P&B Diddies then it's a good thing.

15 years ago I'd not have used it but now calling us The P&B Bears is normal.  Plus, on footballing matters, we're generally good sorts.

Michael Beale apparently applying for manager jobs elsewhere. 

Wonder if "Manager of the Year" Gerrard can continue Rangers form without him...

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wonder if "Manager of the Year" Gerrard can continue Rangers form without him...

Have you read this anywhere else apart from the Caley fan on here? 

It seems a pretty strange place for someone with his apparent skills to look to start out on his own. 

Yeah I’d be very surprised if someone with Beale’s CV had to go to the Scottish Championship to start his managerial career, but hey, maybe.

If he goes, he goes. I really like the guy but there are plenty of good coaches out there.

12 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Really hope that Beale doesn't leave but I can't see him leaving for the Scottish second tier. He will be a manager one day though.

Wouldn't be surprised if we've said to him that he'll get our job when Gerrard leaves.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Would you be interested in the role if Michael Beale left? 

1 hour ago, G51 said:

Yeah I’d be very surprised if someone with Beale’s CV had to go to the Scottish Championship to start his managerial career, but hey, maybe.

If he goes, he goes. I really like the guy but there are plenty of good coaches out there.

Same, when I hear ex players on podcasts he appears to be the brains of the first team whilst Gerrard seems to be more of a figurehead. I don't know if I notice it more now since this was pointed out but he is constantly feeding information when it cuts to the bench.

If players are saying this publicly then Im guessing he is highly rated in the game and could potentially get a decent sized club in the Premiership up here if he wants.