Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

7 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Don't feed the troll.

Having a different opinion or viewpoint doesn’t make someone a troll. Granted I have done a fair bit of trolling on occasions on here with my ‘Rangers act’ but this isn’t one of those occasions.

Unless you want the forum to be an echo chamber?

Edited by MJC

There is quite clearly an inconsistent reaction from some regarding large gatherings which is dependant on who is involved. I don't think anyone can deny that and there's been numerous examples of this over the recent months.

This is natural though. People (myself included) are regularly hypocritical with their views depending on their particular views/allegiances. Some folk don't like to admit it though.

5 hours ago, MJC said:

So, in answer to the question of whether it was ever proven that there was a spike in Covid cases after Rangers fans title celebrations in March, the answer would be ‘no’ then? 

Mind you, not that Covid was the real reason of concern for those who drenched their knickers over the big George Sq party was it? Seeing as half the ones moaning about it were probably at the BLM(a cause I have a great deal of admiration for) protests last summer during full lockdown and at a time when no vaccine was available.

But then again they know that deep down. The problem with the Rangers celebrations wasn’t that people were gathering in a pandemic, it was who gathered and why. :)

Well lets be honest, their health and hygiene leaves a lot to be desired.

8 hours ago, bennett said:

🏅
#RangersFC manager Steven Gerrard has been named as Scottish Football Writers’ Association Manager of the Year for 2020/21.

🏆
#Champion55

Well deserved not just for our results in the league and Europe but for the manner in which we've played most games.  We're easily the most entertaining team in the league.

2 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Show us then.

The comments in this tweet thread show you the varying tolerance levels people have for different types of gatherings.

This is not a criticism of the message being relayed, btw.

Edited by AJF

2 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

9C08BDB0-87F3-44C6-B604-A7F0FA070695.jpeg

A bit like your fellow orc MJC you appear to be unable at differentiating between celebrating and protesting. It’s understandable as I have never come across a fan base who seem as angry when they win or lose.

Can anyone on here explain this to me? Rangers are desperate, absolutely desperate, to give their young  players game time against men in competitive fixtures. Here is an opportunity for some of the kids to play tonight, and they not only have no kids in the team, they only list six subs and no kids on the bench. 

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Can anyone on here explain this to me? Rangers are desperate, absolutely desperate, to give their young  players game time against men in competitive fixtures. Here is an opportunity for some of the kids to play tonight, and they not only have no kids in the team, they only list six subs and no kids on the bench. 

An earlier post suggests that the better youth players who could have stepped up have been out on loan and cannot play.

I'd have had a few youths on the bench tbh.

17 minutes ago, bennett said:

An earlier post suggests that the better youth players who could have stepped up have been out on loan and cannot play.

I'd have had a few youths on the bench tbh.

Aye the better ones are out on loan and the first team squad is big enough. Also, I’m not sure what the SPFLs protocols regarding squad bubbles are but the first team and youth squads were all being kept separate a while back. 🤔

Gerrard has shown through the likes of Patterson and King that he will promote the youngsters he believes can deliver, but he will also want to do right by the squad who delivered the title for him this season. Also, I can see the likes of Greg Stewart probably moving on in the summer so can see why he got a wee run out. 

Edited by 8MileBU

22 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

If Patterson and Bassey hadn’t played monopoly, then the defensive lineup for today could conceivably have been;

McLaughlin - 33 -  

Patterson - 19 - | Goldson - 28 - | Simpson - 24 - | Bassey - 21 -

Which for a defence is incredibly young?