Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

11 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Does anyone know what exactly Andy Walker said about their finances for Rangers to ban yet one more person from doing his job at Ibrox?

I believe he's been banned from Ibrox for saying on SSN that Rangers were in a "perilous financial situation" and from Parkhead for the pre-game rant he had about the Dubai trip.

3 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

£16m loss in the last accounts.

£9m needed in on-going funding.

Total losses have exceeded the old company's debts before administration and liquidation. sounds perilous to me.

Rangers have a stable of ultra HNWI that have committed to covering losses in the club until the time where it can become self-sustainable, which it likely will within the next 12-24 months. If Rangers win the league next year, the club definitely will be self-sustaining, because it will have Champions League money.

The newest addition to the Rangers shareholding, Stuart Gibson, is the co-founder of ESR who just spent AUS$3.8bn buying a property portfolio.

Rangers are the least likely of any club in Scotland to go bust. It's at the stage now where the collection of HNWI's is so broad that it's unthinkable that the club would be unable to fund it's losses.

1 hour ago, G51 said:

Rangers are the least likely of any club in Scotland to go bust. It's at the stage now where the collection of HNWI's is so broad that it's unthinkable that the club would be unable to fund it's losses.

I’m sure I’ve seen this movie already 

5 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

I’m sure I’ve seen this movie already 

I mean, it’s a simple risk assessment. The problem with Rangers previous ownership structure was that if something ever happened to David Murray, then the whole thing was fucked. 

It’s difficult to imagine what kind of event would occur that would result in all of Rangers investors being unable to fund the club - the risk has been spread, and therefore mitigated. Hence why anyone who’s paid the slightest bit of attention to this would recognise that’s why Rangers are the least likely of any other club to go under.

Celtic are in a similar position, except the risk isn’t quite as diversified as Desmond and O’Brien are both invested in the same industries - just ask the Moriarty Tribunal, right guys.

10 hours ago, G51 said:

I believe he's been banned from Ibrox for saying on SSN that Rangers were in a "perilous financial situation" and from Parkhead for the pre-game rant he had about the Dubai trip.

They've both banned him??? Does this not show you both up to be a bunch of snowflakes?

The Celtic Dubai was rightly criticised by everyone and his opinion on Rangers finances may be wrong but to ban him from the club for a misplaced opinion is a bit extreme. Bans should be reserved for people for abuse or something more extreme.

35 minutes ago, ahemps said:

They've both banned him??? Does this not show you both up to be a bunch of snowflakes?

The Celtic Dubai was rightly criticised by everyone and his opinion on Rangers finances may be wrong but to ban him from the club for a misplaced opinion is a bit extreme. Bans should be reserved for people for abuse or something more extreme.

I believe Rangers would rescind the ban on Walker if he acknowledged his statement was incorrect and apologised for it. 

10 hours ago, G51 said:

Rangers have a stable of ultra HNWI that have committed to covering losses in the club until the time where it can become self-sustainable, which it likely will within the next 12-24 months. If Rangers win the league next year, the club definitely will be self-sustaining, because it will have Champions League money.

The newest addition to the Rangers shareholding, Stuart Gibson, is the co-founder of ESR who just spent AUS$3.8bn buying a property portfolio.

Yeah, but the exchange rate...

6 minutes ago, G51 said:

I believe Rangers would rescind the ban on Walker if he acknowledged his statement was incorrect and apologised for it. 

His opinion which you have said is wrong is also one that is a common misconception among quite a few people. On the face of it, making losses every year and issuing shares every few weeks it is quite easy to come to that wrong conclusion. I believe Rangers are on top of their finances and it is wishful thinking by Celtic fans that you are not but is it that bad to have suspicions about the state of the finances when these losses and share issues are public information?

I think banning him is a bit pathetic and if his opinion on something that is completely wrong would be something I would be laughing about inside Ibrox as his false reporting is giving the Celtic fans ammunition for making fools of themselves.

Bans should be reserved for people who have caused great offence or something that is unforgiveable, this doesn't fall into that category for me.

12 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Does this mean Walker can't commentate on any of our Ibrox games on Sky? Thank God if so

That’s about the size of it.

I believe Sky are also in the huff because Peter Adam Smith of ITV got the first interview with Gerrard after we won the league. Sky believed they deserved it because they are the league broadcaster.

Its amazing how much of media/PR/comms is tedious bullshit isn’t it

2 minutes ago, ahemps said:

His opinion which you have said is wrong is also one that is a common misconception among quite a few people. On the face of it, making losses every year and issuing shares every few weeks it is quite easy to come to that wrong conclusion. I believe Rangers are on top of their finances and it is wishful thinking by Celtic fans that you are not but is it that bad to have suspicions about the state of the finances when these losses and share issues are public information?

I think banning him is a bit pathetic and if his opinion on something that is completely wrong would be something I would be laughing about inside Ibrox as his false reporting is giving the Celtic fans ammunition for making fools of themselves.

Bans should be reserved for people who have caused great offence or something that is unforgiveable, this doesn't fall into that category for me.

It’s one thing to have “suspicions” based on a lack of knowledge about the subject. It’s quite another to go broadcasting those suspicions to the world on the UK’s primary source of sports news. One of the most important things a person learns is to know what they don’t know, and stay the hell away from it.

Walker was stupid, he fucked up. If he acknowledges that, he’ll get back in. If he doesn’t, he won’t and absolutely no one will care. Personally I’d be glad to never have the guy on co-comms again.