Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

From an opponents perspective.

I thought Jelavic was quality, you knew if he got a chance he was likely putting it away, the 2011 League Cup final is testament to that. 

Morelos doesn't for me strike that same fear as Jelavic does, maybe its a composure thing or he's trying too hard in Old Firm games however i'd much rather face a Rangers team including Morelos than i would Jelavic.

Shame injuries have gotten the better of him

There is no Old Firm, mate. 

ETA. Jelavic everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.   Alfie might go on to be as good, but he's not there yet. 

Edited by Knight55WoodBear

4 hours ago, G51 said:

Nikica Jelavic announced his retirement today.

Morelos has clearly pulled ahead of him now, but he was probably the second best striker we've had since 2010. Great player when he was fit.

Nope.

3 hours ago, WilliamBragg said:

Personally I think Jelavic was better but Morelos can potentially achieve more.

As is said is a great debate.

I don’t think it’s much of a debate in all honesty.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a big Morelos fan, he’s a great wee player... But big Jellyfish is actually miles ahead and as KWB says, everyday of the week and twice on Sundays. 

Morelos and Jelavic as a front two would have been unreal.

Difficult to compare the two but Jelavic went on to do well in the Premiership whereas Morelos is unproven at level just yet. I suspect Buffalo might just go on to star for a West Ham, Everton, Hull City though. Maybe even higher. 

I doubt he’ll ever be as good a finisher as Jelavic but he excels in other aspects such as workrate and setting up goals. Jelavic could score sensational volleys, overhead kicks etc. I was gutted when he left and it’ll be sad day when Alfredo moves on also.

13 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

He's now being chased by Celtic fans, being told to do a Celtic song or he will lose followers. 

Stay strong, Damo. You're better with out them, luv. 

We have actually been singing that song for a good few years, think some **** put it on a youtube video to take the piss this season  but it catched on and now the **** have adopted it. 

50 minutes ago, gannonball said:

We have actually been singing that song for a good few years, think some **** put it on a youtube video to take the piss this season  but it catched on and now the **** have adopted it. 

Happens quite often. Celtic fans done the same with 'Come On Over to My Place' by the Drifters. Rangers used it initially and they then hijacked it. I think we will be claiming it back soon though.

11 minutes ago, bennett said:

Fcuk it, it's time to stop being cautious and say that we'll lift the title. I can't see us blowing an 18 point lead.

😂😂😂

I'm glad you've finally got round to it. 

After all the years you and @The_Kincardine have spent on here I hope you'll be giving out all the smoke. 

Edited by Stormzy

10 minutes ago, bennett said:

Fcuk it, it's time to stop being cautious and say that we'll lift the title. I can't see us blowing an 18 point lead.

Steady now. One game at a time.