Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

3 hours ago, Romeo said:

I seem to be very popular with the sevco lads who disappeared for 9 years. But I'm glad you are back.

Screenshot_20210222-063527_Chrome.jpg

Disappeared for 9 years?

Monday is starting off where Sunday finished,  nice.....

2 hours ago, Orbix said:

It’s funny, the reason I joined pie and bovril is because on the forum I regularly post on, all the Celtic fans have disappeared and the Scottish football threads have tailed off, don’t know why.

Genuine question: what other fora are there with a cross section of supporters involved?

36 minutes ago, DMCs said:

A special thanks to Liverpool FC, the streets of South London and Marilena Hagi for delivering this:

There are very few players out there who can execute a chop turn like Kent can. It's great to watch. With Aribo, Kent and Hagi it's an attacking three that is ridiculously talented with the ball.

Interview with Patterson, Bassey and Zungu on RTV now where they apologise for the Monopoly game. All three are also in the training video for today.

Still unclear as to the circumstances of what they actually did, but there you go. Looks as if the SFA aren't going to ban them anyway.

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

They've been given disciplinary sanctions, I wonder if we'll see them play again this season. 

I'm almost certain we will. And we should. We need to find out if these kids can play.

Disciplinary sanctions is probably a two week fine.

A nice wee compilation of some of our goals scored as a result of excellent team work and link up play I thought was worth sharing.

Some of the football we have played this season has been top quality at times.

Edited by AJF

17 minutes ago, AJF said:

A nice wee compilation of some of our goals scored as a result of excellent team work and link up play I thought was worth sharing.

Some of the football we have played this season has been top quality at times.

I think it was last season I said it, but some of the football Gerrard has us playing is as good as, and better than anything we played under Advocaat.  

Cameron Campbell is a really interesting football coach with really interesting ideas.

Used to be a youth coach with Aberdeen and gave it up to move to Ghana, where he made a name for himself reforming the Right to Dream Academy.

Good guy to have around.

13 minutes ago, Knight55WoodBear said:

I think it was last season I said it, but some of the football Gerrard has us playing is as good as, and better than anything we played under Advocaat.  

How would you rate your Advocaat side in the 98 League Cup Final?

Watched the game back yesterday and was a bit surprised at how ordinary they looked, as the squad looked decent enough. Guess that was the early stages and they hadn't fully developed yet?

This isn't a dig or anything, I just barely remember that era due to my age so was interesting watching it back.

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

How would you rate your Advocaat side in the 98 League Cup Final?

Watched the game back yesterday and was a bit surprised at how ordinary they looked, as the squad looked decent enough. Guess that was the early stages and they hadn't fully developed yet?

This isn't a dig or anything, I just barely remember that era due to my age so was interesting watching it back.

This team is exciting and can be good to watch and are well drilled into their roles.

Advocatt’s team was genuinely full of top class internationals . Probably the best football playing squad Rangers have had. 

This may sound ridiculous as they won a treble in 98/99 but 99/00 was probably them at their best . I think it was the biggest points gap between 1st and 2nd until Rodgers first season with Celtic .

In Europe that season they blew Parma away to qualify for the champions league who had knocked us out the previous seasons UEFA cup a few months earlier . And then put in a very respectable effort in a group containing PSV , Valencia and Bayern Munich 

Edited by Forever_blueco

1 hour ago, Forever_blueco said:

This team is exciting and can be good to watch and are well drilled into their roles.

Advocatt’s team was genuinely full of top class internationals . Probably the best football playing squad Rangers have had. 

This may sound ridiculous as they won a treble in 98/99 but 99/00 was probably them at their best . I think it was the biggest points gap between 1st and 2nd until Rodgers first season with Celtic .

In Europe that season they blew Parma away to qualify for the champions league who had knocked us out the previous seasons UEFA cup a few months earlier . And then put in a very respectable effort in a group containing PSV , Valencia and Bayern Munich 

We should have beaten Munich at Ibrox and we were terrorising them away until Mols went off injured.  Still raw, that one. 

The best ‘footballing’ side that I can ever remember Rangers having was the Advocaat side from 98-00. They had some genuinely top players then and were probably unlucky not to go further in Europe in that period.

It’s mental to think that we actually beat that Rangers times a couple of times and haven’t been able to buy a win against much lesser Rangers sides in later years. I remember a 1-0 win at Fir Park in a midweek game in 98. Billy Davies first home game as manager and we’d just lost 5-0 in Perth on the Saturday, facing a star studded Rangers team and no one gave us a hope in hell. Yet John Spencer scored a brilliant debut goal to get the win. That felt like a real scalp for us.