Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Well, Rangers aren't owned by multi billionaires so obviously the investors will expect a return on their investment.
Does that mean the club have decided to spend way beyond what they intended to in a risky move to win the league this season?.. I doubt it.

They are spending more than they can afford to spend to basically clinch second place. It seems really mental to me tbh

You could half your wage bill and sign solid premiership players and still clinch second, but no, the fans demand big name signings on big money, they demand warchests and millions to be spent.

For me it's like going to the cinema and seeing a cracking movie with a massive twist at the end that you never seen coming. Then going back the next week to see it again but this time you notice all the signs that lead to the twist and realise how obvious it was all along. The best part is it's almost more enjoyable the second time because you don't need to think about it, you can just sit back and wait for it.

I'm sure Norwich are well aware of the risks when selling one of their players to Rangers. They should know that there is little possibility that they will not see all the money owed. Is this more potential debt Rangers are looking to get themselves into?

That Dorrans bid is classic of the modern day ****. Guessing it was 750k paid up in shitey wee instalments with the rest being due if they achieve some sort of ridiculous unattainable target. 

Sevco like oldco seem to be running while insolvent. When will the SFA start to enforce their own rules ?

I can't see old has been South American players making an instant impact in our league. Aberdeen have nothing to fear about losing their 2nd spot imo.

Joke of a diddy club.

1 minute ago, Zing. said:

That Dorrans bid is classic of the modern day ****. Guessing it was 750k paid up in shitey wee instalments with the rest being due if they achieve some sort of ridiculous unattainable target. 

Problem there is that Norwich City don't have to sell to Rangers and end up going through a payment nightmare when they could sell to another club for more money and have the any money owed payed up on time.

The question should be where is all this money to spend on new players coming from?

10 hours ago, thepundit said:

Well, Rangers aren't owned by multi billionaires so obviously the investors will expect a return on their investment.

Does that mean the club have decided to spend way beyond what they intended to in a risky move to win the league this season?.. I doubt it.

There is a club owned by a Billionaire and he still expects his £500,000 interest paid to him every 12 months. Not the balance just the interest on his 'soft' loan ;)

7 minutes ago, CityDave said:

Problem there is that Norwich City don't have to sell to Rangers and end up going through a payment nightmare when they could sell to another club for more money and have the any money owed payed up on time.

The question should be where is all this money to spend on new players coming from?

Dave King said a week or so back that money from season tickets would be invested in bringing in players. Many said that was just utter nonsense and bluster to help sell the 8000 or so remaining season tickets.

Rangers spend the money on the playing staff and the same people ask 'Where is the money coming from'. 

These same people are the ones who would be saying 'What about the spending of the season ticket money Dave?' If it didn't look like Rangers were investing in players.

No matter what Rangers do certain people will just make something up to fit their agenda.

I read someone saying Rangers were spending this money for 2nd place. That is the kind of misplaced arrogance that can come back and bite you on the arse. Obviously Rangers wont get every player they have been linked with but if the names that are being thrown about are even remotely close then i would expect them to dramatically cut the gap between themselves and Celtic.

This money is not being spent in the hope Rangers reach the group stages of the Europa League. Seeding etc will make that next to impossible. A decent away trip in the qualifiers is all i ask for

Looking forward to the next couple of weeks and to see just who we can bring in.

4 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

With all these big name signings it does feel pretty similar to 12 months ago.

Ended well, hope it continues.

Of course we have to remember we will also have a fit again Kranjcar. He was just coming onto a game when he was unfortunately injured.

Jordan Rossiter is a complete mystery and i fear we will never see him again for Rangers. Shame as he looked as if he had a great future ahead of him

Thanks for reminding us as these players are being overlooked in all the excitement surrounding the big name signings 

2 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

Dave King said a week or so back that money from season tickets would be invested in bringing in players. Many said that was just utter nonsense and bluster to help sell the 8000 or so remaining season tickets.

Rangers spend the money on the playing staff and the same people ask 'Where is the money coming from'. 

Most people are curious as to how £11m can cover these transfer fees and the wages. What was Rangers wage bill for last season?

Of course we have to remember we will also have a fit again Kranjcar. He was just coming onto a game when he was unfortunately injured.
Jordan Rossiter is a complete mystery and i fear we will never see him again for Rangers. Shame as he looked as if he had a great future ahead of him
Thanks for reminding us as these players are being overlooked in all the excitement surrounding the big name signings 

As I said a couple of days ago the Alves signing feels a bit Senderos'y.

More money you spend the quicker the new club follows the old one down the pan right enough so it's good with me.

I like how rangers are making their fans pay to be included in the ballot for European tickets, which will either end with not getting one or paying another £25 for one. Brilliant scamming from them.