Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Like it still feels like theres something that'll come out that makes this a poor decision, like his knees are now made of spaghetti or something.

If not then its genuinely the biggest deal any Scottish club has pulled off in my, remembered, lifetime.

Yeah, it feels off, also in the context of them getting Amad Diallo in somehow given the outlay from man utd on him. You'd expect both to rock up on loans to English clubs if they're shifted out on loan.

Tbf the last big money/big name loan i mind them making was el hadj Diouf (£50k a week lmao) who was pish, on the face of it Ramsey is a vastly better player than Diouf was but its not inconceivable this deal goes the same way.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Not been on much lately and that will likely continue for the foreseeable, but just popping on to say that Mr Ramsey is the greatest midfielder in world football, and it’s no surprise that this thread is full of fans of provincial clubs thanking the Teds for bringing him to one of their hovels every second game.

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

Not been on much lately and that will likely continue for the foreseeable, but just popping on to say that Mr Ramsey is the greatest midfielder in world football, and it’s no surprise that this thread is full of fans of provincial clubs thanking the Teds for bringing him to one of their hovels every second game.

Please repost that in plain English rather than Buckie fuelled pish.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Ramsey's biggest issue has always been staying fit.

That would be my concern.

And that’s a fair concern, but that was never the issue with Barton. There’s zero comparison between the two except they both played in the EPL.

29 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Like it still feels like theres something that'll come out that makes this a poor decision, like his knees are now made of spaghetti or something.

If not then its genuinely the biggest deal any Scottish club has pulled off in my, remembered, lifetime.

How old are you? 

Don’t you remember Ravanelli and Caniggia at Dundee? 😂

And as much as it pains me to say this comes nowhere close to Rangers signing Gazza 

15 minutes ago, G51 said:

Mr Ramsay, meet Mr Davidson, he kicks people for a living.

Just now, Jinky67 said:

How old are you? 

Don’t you remember Ravanelli and Caniggia at Dundee? 😂

I remember it but I was too young to really understand it, if that makes sense? I didn't realise quite how big they were at the time and its only later on I realised.

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

And that’s a fair concern, but that was never the issue with Barton. There’s zero comparison between the two except they both played in the EPL.

No but there is with the likes of Freddie Ljungberg and Juninho  Captured the imagination but delivered very little in the end.

The big IF is how fit he is. If he can stay fit it’s some coup but it does look like this is massive roll of the dice in the hope he helps them win the league as it’s a chunk of wedge and salary to fork out for just over 3 months service. 

A midfield of Kamara, Ramsey and Aribo feels like it could be extremely powerful if this works out well. A right winger and midfielder probably would've been near the top of most Rangers fans' wish lists going into the January window so I think the board have done well to equip Gio with what's required, now it's up to him to get them playing well together.

A CB would've been ideal, so I'm assuming since we never paid the money for Souttar we must be confident that Helander is due back fairly soon to partner Goldson with Balogun and Bassey as back up.

16 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

No but there is with the likes of Freddie Ljungberg and Juninho  Captured the imagination but delivered very little in the end.

The big IF is how fit he is. If he can stay fit it’s some coup but it does look like this is massive roll of the dice in the hope he helps them win the league as it’s a chunk of wedge and salary to fork out for just over 3 months service. 

Both those guys were done by the time they hit Scotland. Ramsey is still hitting elite output metrics and that’s in Serie A.

The Telegraph is reporting that we’re paying a fraction of his €100k a week wages. Combined with the quotes from Wilson on the website about the wage structure and I’m inclined to believe that’s a lot closer to the truth than the idea that we’re paying 500k a month or whatever daft number people are talking about.

The injuries are the major concern. Outside of that…