Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

6 hours ago, Orbix said:

Last night he got played centrally and not shunted out to a wing and scored?

Let's be honest, he should never have scored. That cross should have been dealt with 10/10.

Never seen it with Hagi. Wasn't too fussed when Hagi or Wright were on the ball but my arse was almost chewing the plastic seat every time Kent took control of the ball 

12 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Let's be honest, he should never have scored. That cross should have been dealt with 10/10.

Never seen it with Hagi. Wasn't too fussed when Hagi or Wright were on the ball but my arse was almost chewing the plastic seat every time Kent took control of the ball 

Kent usually performs really well at Pittodrie so I can understand that reaction.

Wright was woeful really. He looked very nervous. GvB made the wrong decisions with his substitutes. Went defensive far too early when we should have just replaced Wright/Hagi in attack with another option.

1 hour ago, DMCs said:

Kent usually performs really well at Pittodrie so I can understand that reaction.

Wright was woeful really. He looked very nervous. GvB made the wrong decisions with his substitutes. Went defensive far too early when we should have just replaced Wright/Hagi in attack with another option.

Yep, as soon as we brought Lundstram on I felt we were in danger of dropping points.  Aberdeen were in the ascendancy at that point and this just encouraged them to come at us even more. 

1 hour ago, DMCs said:

He had a good ball to Kent for the goal but aye he'd shat it. Would have came across as bitter when he left but I can't see him coping with a full Ibrox and things not going well. Looked amazing for Aberdeen with empty stadiums and I thought he did well for you when he got a chance last season.

20 minutes ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

Yep, as soon as we brought Lundstram on I felt we were in danger of dropping points.  Aberdeen were in the ascendancy at that point and this just encouraged them to come at us even more. 

We had the same issue at Easter Road. We weren't brave enough in our build up play and went long far too often. Something the management team need to be looking at.

12 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

He had a good ball to Kent for the goal but aye he'd shat it. Would have came across as bitter when he left but I can't see him coping with a full Ibrox and things not going well. Looked amazing for Aberdeen with empty stadiums and I thought he did well for you when he got a chance last season.

He's done reasonably well this season but it was clear he wasn't comfortable with the atmosphere on Tuesday night. He should have been subbed off far earlier I'd say.

2 minutes ago, DMCs said:

He's done reasonably well this season but it was clear he wasn't comfortable with the atmosphere on Tuesday night. He should have been subbed off far earlier I'd say.

I don't know what's happened with Wright.  He looked like he was about to really kick on and push for a regular place but he just seems to have stalled a bit, which is strange considering GVB seems to favour playing with a proper winger which should suit him

Aye, not having suffered any racist abuse I can’t imagine how difficult it is to speak up about things like this but I’ve always believed it’s the right thing to do.

Hopefully the more it is called out the less likely an occurrence it will become.

1 hour ago, Rugby Is Terrible said:

This isn’t an easy read. Very brave of the lad to open up about it as unfortunately it’s opened him to claims of making the entire experience up 

Some of those replies, sickening. This shouldn’t be about getting ‘one-up’ on the ****, or for us or them to indulge in 'whataboutery' or anything else. Hopefully their PR will address this and own it, they backed their player quickly enough and hopefully they’ll back a fan too, no matter where it happen or who the perpetrators were. Their ‘everyone anyone’ campaign is exactly what football should be about. 

Some of those replies, sickening. This shouldn’t be about getting ‘one-up’ on the ****, or for us or them to indulge in 'whataboutery' or anything else. Hopefully their PR will address this and own it, they backed their player quickly enough and hopefully they’ll back a fan too, no matter where it happen or who the perpetrators were. Their ‘everyone anyone’ campaign is exactly what football should be about. 
Between the Celtic fans rejoicing being able to point score because a man was racially abused and the Sevco fans point blank denying any racism, it really is horrific. It doesn't matter who the club is, this should be fully investigated and anyone found guilty should face a lifetime ban.

2 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

The guy is a bell end a times but id give him the benefit of the doubt here, a missed word can easily change a message. 

Hopefully your right drew, cos if that’s what he meant then it’s c***s like him that is wrong with the world. No place for it now.