Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that at the end of the season, if Celtic have won the league and league cup and Rangers have won the Scottish Cup and Europa League that any of you will admit that both clubs have had very good seasons ? Or will you just continue to argue and bicker about who had the best season ?

In the grand scheme of things i don’t think it matters too much ultimately the more important question would be have the clubs achieved the goals they set out at that start of the season? 

For Celtic that has to be a resounding yes considering the disaster of last season

If Rangers had retained the title and won the League Cup, and Celtic were in the final of whichever European competition they ended up in, and the Scottish Cup Final, the arguments would all be reversed.

I would imagine most honest Celtic fans brought up on tales of Lisbon, Milan & Seville would admit, even if only to themselves, that a Scottish club getting to a major European final, never mind winning it, is a bigger deal than winning yet another league title.  It's the remarkable against the commonplace..no contest really.

To argue that spending £20m more than anyone else and winning this heap of shite league and diddy cup is a better achievement than reaching a final of one of the European competitions is some look. Quite some look. 

7 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

As a Dons fan I’m contractually obliged to point out that European glory trumps a League Title (or multiples of). 

As a Celtic fan I’m contractually obliged to point out that there has been no European glory yet. 

1 hour ago, Henrik's tongue said:

He loved “green grot”

”Celtic fan base” is his latest thing.

Congratulations.

I’m sure this would be absolutely fascinating if I had any idea who or what you’re havering about. 

And thank you. 

18 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

To argue that spending £20m more than anyone else and winning this heap of shite league and diddy cup is a better achievement than reaching a final of one of the European competitions is some look. Quite some look. 

Staunch

In December you were telling us the league was the only thing that mattered 😂😂

Make your mind up mate

Edited by Jinky67

9 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

As a Dons fan I’m contractually obliged to point out that European glory trumps a League Title (or multiples of). 

European glory for Aberdeen should be such is the disparity between them and Celtic/Rangers. 

It’s right up there in 2nd place as the greatest achievement by a Scottish club 😉

20 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

:lol: 

If I could be arsed I’d look for your fawning, lickspittle, congratulations on winning the league post from last season. 
 I’m genuinely surprised you don’t get a harder time on this forum for your cringeworthy, forelock tugging shite.

14 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I’m sure this would be absolutely fascinating if I had any idea who or what you’re havering about. 

And thank you. 

I do haver a lot tbf.

And you’re welcome.

^^^ Good upbringing.

30 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

There is no need to casually ignore that we took over double that in player sales to try and take the gloss of Celtics title as I’m not going to pretend winning a European trophy isn’t a bigger achievement  than winning the Scottish League. I’m still going to be happy at how this season panned out for us though. Get this shite cock pissing shite in the bin.

Edited by gannonball

17 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

In December you were telling us the league was the only thing that mattered 😂😂

Was I? 

I don't think I'd ever have said : winning the Scottish Premiership is more important than European competitions, tbh. 

Perhaps you could find a quote for me? 

4 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

:lol: 

If I could be arsed I’d look for your 

It never stopped you earlier this weekend. 

You must not want laughed at again for being a bit strange. 

Understandable. 

Just now, gannonball said:

I’m still going to be happy at how this season panned out for us though. 

And that is exactly why you're one of, if not the best, most sane minded Celtic poster on this forum. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

It never stopped you earlier this weekend. 

You must not want laughed at again for being a bit strange. 

Understandable. 

Supported 2 teams in the same division.

And I’m the strange one.