Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

22 minutes ago, AJF said:

Any claims of whataboutery would've been avoided if you simply answered my initial question, which the answer to, is no.

Dempster publicly apologised for the Tavernier incident and most folk with any sense of responsibility would have expected Rangers to publicly apologise for one of their fans putting a member of the opposition backroom staff in a medical room. But just continue to say "you didnae answer ma question so A'm no playin' wi ye."

I find it a bit strange that there’s been nothing said at all, not just from Rangers, but from anyone, Celtic, spfl, police Scotland, players union etc, even the bbc news brushed over it with a quick comment about old firm fans causing trouble, this is the mob that called for an inquiry after fans ran in the pitch to celebrate a last min winner at Ross county. 

1 hour ago, AJF said:

I'm just looking for an answer whether it's usual practice for clubs to do it.

In the recent past I've seen players struck with coins, coffee, bottles thrown at them and fans confronting them on the pitch at grounds around the country. I may be mistaken, but I can't remember there ever being a public apology issued. The closest I can remember is when Dempster privately apologised to Tavernier in our changing room, but nothing public from the club.

You mean apart from the press conference, during which she said she had written to Sinclair, apologised personally to Tavernier, discussed closing a section of the East stand, how much Hibs were spending on the upgrade to CCTV and that culprits would be banned for life?

Apart from that, yes you are right, she swept it under the carpet.....................

Lets also remember that the b*****d press were all over it, Tom English etc were soiling themselves about how disgraceful this incident was.

This time - I can only imagine that Rangers have privately apologised to Joe Hart. Seems a wee bit surprising (no, no it isnt) that the press are not going to town quite as much.

Final point - all clubs have arseholes in their support, but your clubs executive are an absolute fucking disgrace.

36 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

You mean apart from the press conference, during which she said she had written to Sinclair, apologised personally to Tavernier, discussed closing a section of the East stand, how much Hibs were spending on the upgrade to CCTV and that culprits would be banned for life?

Apart from that, yes you are right, she swept it under the carpet.....................

Lets also remember that the b*****d press were all over it, Tom English etc were soiling themselves about how disgraceful this incident was.

This time - I can only imagine that Rangers have privately apologised to Joe Hart. Seems a wee bit surprising (no, no it isnt) that the press are not going to town quite as much.

Final point - all clubs have arseholes in their support, but your clubs executive are an absolute fucking disgrace.

As I said, I could’ve been mistaken. I was unaware a public apology came from the club, so fair enough.

Tweet

See new Tweets

Conversation

5b6SwPO6_bigger.jpg

HOY DIOS TE DICE : se valiente y paciente, algunas veces hay que superar ciertas pruebas para poder alcanzar grandes bendiciones 🙏😇 volveremos mas fuerte 💪🏾🐃🙏
Translated from Spanish by
TODAY GOD TELLS YOU: be brave and patient, sometimes you have to overcome certain tests in order to achieve great blessings 🙏😇 we will come back stronger 💪🏾🐃🙏

22 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

It shows how bad the majority of Rangers fans are when @AJF is thought of as decent.

That’s it though, up until a couple of weeks ago he was very decent on here. He probably still is generally, but on a couple of points recently he’s gone full bennett.

13 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

This is another problem for you guys to worry about.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60973786

Uefa has brought in new financial regulations which will limit clubs' spending on wages, transfers and agents' fees to 70% of their revenue.

What has been your spending-revenue ratio since your last club died?

I’m not sure on the total player spending, but in 19/20 our player wages to turnover was 50%.

This increased to 70% in 20/21 largely due to the decrease in turnover due to covid.

That’s just player wages though, no idea what it is with everything else included.

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’m not sure on the total player spending, but in 19/20 our player wages to turnover was 50%.

This increased to 70% in 20/21 largely due to the decrease in turnover due to covid.

That’s just player wages though, no idea what it is with everything else included.

The fact that you burned through £100M in losses to secure one major trophy since your club started is fiscally irresponsible.

31 minutes ago, AJF said:

76% and that’s just your 1st teams wages which grew by 20% from the year previous and for a club that has operating costs of 72 million (just 2 less than Celtic) it just seems nuts.

Rangers have to reduce their cost to operate significantly or find a model where they can bank a big return on players year in and year out

Edited by Jinky67