Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

5 minutes ago, DMCs said:

That's a great signing. A step up from Summerville from Leeds who were linked with. 

We need a midfielder too though and hopefully we can get Souttar in this month as well.

I don't know anything about him to be honest. Sounds like they paid a fair whack for him but he is still very young so I'm wary about expecting him to be amazing from the get go.

43 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Diallo is a brilliant bit of business in theory. In reality watching him get booted 8 feet in the air at the Tony Macaroni is what I'll be tuning in for. 

This is it.

Hes quite clearly, technically, going to be one of, if not the, best players in the division. 

But hes barely played any senior football in his career and he will just get punted in this hoofball league. Success of this move will depend entirely on how he reacts to that.

Hopefully doesn't restrict Lowrys development either, especially if Diallo becomes one who can only perform at Ibrox.

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

So the latest rumour in the circus know as the January transfer window has us linked with Aaron Ramsay.

Seems plausible if he is happy to accept a 95% wage decrease...

Last I heard he was looking likely to go to Burnley or Newcastle which seems more plausible. What’s he on £400k a week? Crazy money 

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

Last I heard he was looking likely to go to Burnley or Newcastle which seems more plausible. What’s he on £400k a week? Crazy money 

Aye, it's something eye watering like that. The only clubs that are capable of (or crazy enough) paying anything close to what he or Juventus would want would be someone in England.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Aye, it's something eye watering like that. The only clubs that are capable of (or crazy enough) paying anything close to what he or Juventus would want would be someone in England.

It’ll depend on how much Juve will pay % wise. If they want the entire salary covered then surely only Newcastle are rich or stupid enough to cover it ??

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

How exactly did Ramsay get such a contract? 

Aye he was good but don’t remember him ever being at the very top level. His agent has done an amazing job there. 

I think they signed him on a pre-contract if I remember right so they used any savings in regards to a transfer fee and used that to make him a great offer. Agreed, I don't think he is or was at that elite level. 

1 hour ago, AJF said:

I imagine to get any move he will have to reduce his wage significantly but even at that a 75% reduction still puts him at 100k a week 😂

Is be a 100k a week player? not imo at least not anymore so yeah the only ones crazy to pay that have t be Newcastle unless ofc Juve are happy to subsidise it all.

Some coup if Rangers pull it off however i haven’t seen him play in ages so no idea as to how good he is anymore