Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

There's a 0% chance of you getting him now.  Maybe when he wasn't a star in the best Denmark side for 30 years and still playing in his homeland.

Why? The last time we signed a danish winger who wasn't having the best of times in Italy, it turned out fucking magical

5 minutes ago, Empty It said:
9 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:
Why? The last time we signed a danish winger who wasn't having the best of times in Italy, it turned out fucking magical

That seems a very particular market to be shopping in.

Under gerrard when we were linked it seemed pointless as he doesn't like being played out of position and gerrard would have done exactly that 

Under GvB who uses wingers, he might feel the chance if getting his club football back on the go, who knows

16 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Because Bologna want between £7m and £8m for him. They bought him for over what our supposed bid was (which didn't actually happen).

Sounds like Souttar is a goer though.

Skov Olsen isn’t happening unless the price comes down, and if it does come down it might flush out other interested teams.

Jordan Campbell said today we might revisit it if we’re guaranteed the CL groups in the summer.

15 minutes ago, G51 said:

Jordan Campbell said today we might revisit it if we’re guaranteed the CL groups in the summer.

If only the winter break hadn't been moved forward as we'd be 12 points clear by now.

11 minutes ago, DMCs said:

If only the winter break hadn't been moved forward as we'd be 12 points clear by now.

Hey, if it convinces Celtic to keep buying Japanese players because they bought a good one once, then it’s not all bad!

3 hours ago, DMCs said:

Mate, it’s Rangers. They’re no that great.

2 hours ago, G51 said:

Hey, if it convinces Celtic to keep buying Japanese players because they bought a good one once, then it’s not all bad!

Hey, you talk some pish by the way.

1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

Twice 

You could have 4 good English, Scottish, German or Dutch players in your team at the same time, but not Japanese.

And he’s regarded as the intelligent *** on here by Kincardine. Ffs :lol: 

59 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Would be amazed if he doesn't try his luck down south.

I was assuming he was away to Blackburn but the Athletic are saying that we are currently the most likely to get his signature. Other sources are saying Stoke are out the running. So it's between us, Blackburn and Sheffield United.

5 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:
5 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

You could have 4 good English, Scottish, German or Dutch players in your team at the same time, but not Japanese  

D3B3867C-5ACD-436C-8268-4D39612D4C15.jpeg

Edited by Drew Brees

14 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

You could have 4 good English, Scottish, German or Dutch players in your team at the same time, but not Japanese.

And he’s regarded as the intelligent *** on here by Kincardine. Ffs :lol: 

All I said was buying players from one league because our manager worked there once and we recently signed a player from it probably isn’t indicative of a good process. 

But go off 🙄

23 minutes ago, G51 said:

All I said was buying players from one league because our manager worked there once and we recently signed a player from it probably isn’t indicative of a good process. 

But go off 🙄

Nah. If you’d have said that half a dozen posts a go I wouldn’t have bothered. But you didn’t, so I did.

54 minutes ago, DMCs said:

I was assuming he was away to Blackburn but the Athletic are saying that we are currently the most likely to get his signature. Other sources are saying Stoke are out the running. So it's between us, Blackburn and Sheffield United.

You'd think Blackburn would be the smart choice as they have a decent chance of promotion.

He's from Laurencekirk way so there's every chance he's a Rangers fan. May see it as his only chance I guess.

On 04/01/2022 at 22:40, G51 said:

Sands coming in to play DM rather than CB according to Chris Jack, which is interesting. He’s made the breakthrough at NYCFC as a CB.

Thinking about it, the strengths identified in the scouting report about him (defensive positioning, game intelligence, athleticism), combined with his limitations (ball progression) do perhaps make a better fit for our DM than our CB. Our 6 has to cover a lot of ground, and it’s more important than ever to properly screen the defence now the three man midfield is history. Also, the ball progression mantle has been taken on by our CB’s now - we don’t really need a midfielder who can spray long diags. 

ETA: also says we’re looking at RB and RW in the market.

Since finishing his playing career, an old school pal of mine has worked as a Sports presenter on tv in the US and has a role with YES network with NYCFC. He says Sands best position is as a defensive midfielder.