Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

I don't like head-to-head as it might give far too much weight to luck or a refereeing decision.

For example, imagine if two teams have three draws between them and finish level on points but one team has spent the season tearing sides to bits while another has scraped out a bunch of 1-0s.

Yet, if a referee wrongly awarded a penalty and red card early on in one of their head-to-head games, giving the 1-0 team a jammy win they could go into the last game of the season 3 points ahead and champions despite not being the best side.

Under goal difference, you lessen the impact of a mistake like that. With head-to-head it can be utterly decisive. We can see this in the Champions League too. Goal difference rewards long-term performance and quality.

Also, who says head-to-head actually matters? If Team A and Team B finish on level points, is it really in any way significant that team A beat Team B 2-0 in October and only lost 1-0 to them in March? Who cares? It gives far too much weight to one good or bad day. Poor system.

Edited by JTS98

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I always thought it was Points, GD, Goals Scored, head to head in that order?

Also the tit for tat on these threads every time one or the other drops points is absolutely tragic.

It absolutely is this criteria. Head to head is only used if the first three are equal. 

Will be interesting to hear how Clyde SSB observe and respond to the "sickening" (copyright daily record) racist abuse aimed at morelos by el gummo at Tynecastle.

ANY racist abuse is abhorrent, but with the latest aimed at one of their own, will they call it out for the shameful behaviour it was, or are they likely to ignore the subject in case  Declan from Lourdes calls in to ask about the regular happenings at the govan arena since 1691  ?? 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

I always thought it was Points, GD, Goals Scored, head to head in that order?

Also the tit for tat on these threads every time one or the other drops points is absolutely tragic.

Yes, that's my understanding too.  I don't really get why there's confusion.

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

There is no difference in Dundee or auld reekie when city rivals drop points.
Sevco the noisy neighbours plus a lot of posters on here think the challenge is real this season I have my doubts.
Sevco dropped only 36 points last season with close to 30 new players the improvement can been justified? 

4 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

There is no difference in Dundee or auld reekie when city rivals drop points.
Sevco the noisy neighbours plus a lot of posters on here think the challenge is real this season I have my doubts.
Sevco dropped only 36 points last season with close to 30 new players the improvement can been justified? 

Encyclopedic knowledge of all things Sevco....

Just now, Drew Brees said:

Its called GersTV and I posted it above. The rocket that does them both is Simon Leslie and it’s not official, just some fans tv rubbish that’s on YouTube every week. Lots of clubs have them but most aren’t as entertaining as this lot.

You posted something from the office, maybe try again?