Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Think it's a decent appointment based on what little I know of his career in the Netherlands, and always nice to have an ex-player return as manager.

Seems likeable enough, hopefully he doesn't develop the same negative obsession for Ryan Porteous as his dour predecessor. 

3 hours ago, Squonk said:

They labour on the 55 titles and 150 year history because they feel compelled to ram it down everyone else's throat, since they know they're living a lie. If they genuinely had won that number of titles in that number of years, they'd not have to convince the sceptics (ie absolutely everyone but the people with a vested interest in the myth of continuity).

One of the stages of grief is denial, and they've been in it since the death of their dearly expensively departed club.

They're football's equivalent of Lance Armstrong, lashing out for years at anybody having the audacity to challenge their embarrassingly transparent work of fiction.

It took years for the world of cycling to deal with its 'Rangers.' It's only a matter of time until Scottish football's suppurating boil gets lanced.  

This is some exquisite sevcoing 

shall read again 

1 hour ago, Meldrew said:

quit china with a 30% win record 

roy makkay is an under 19 coach, that's what you're swapping for Michael Beale, we''ll all be excited to she what shite you all come out with to try and convince us and yourselves, that you've got an upgrade, the other arse cheek is looking good for 52

Wouldn’t judge anyone on their time in China 

Benitez flopped there aswell 

The team he managed finished in more or less the exact same position as they did the season before he arrived

Edited by Forever_blueco

23 minutes ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

Think it's a decent appointment based on what little I know of his career in the Netherlands, and always nice to have an ex-player return as manager.

Seems likeable enough, hopefully he doesn't develop the same negative obsession for Ryan Porteous as his dour predecessor. 

Gerrard tried to help Porteous understand the difference between a draw and a loss, he didn't have to do that.

56 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Kent,Aribo,Goldson,Lundstram,Kamara etc..........

I guess we'll all find out soon enough,wouldn't be surprised to see some of the above leave in January or at the end of the season...........

We'll have a churn in Jan - that will be part of the GVB deal.  I'll be disappointed if we lose any of Kent,  Aribo or Kamara.  The three most delightful players in Scotland.

13 hours ago, bennett said:

Gerrard tried to help Porteous understand the difference between a draw and a loss, he didn't have to do that.

In truth I remembered that as a a win but having gone back to jog my memory I'm mistaken, so perhaps Gerrard's actions weren't too far off the mark in that regard.

I still think the guy was as dull as dishwater though. 

6 minutes ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

In truth I remembered that as a a win but having gone back to jog my memory I'm mistaken, so perhaps Gerrard's actions weren't too far off the mark in that regard.

I still think the guy was as dull as dishwater though. 

He was a bit of a damp squid.

18 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Nice to see he’s got at least one Scotsman in his backroom staff.

Used to always sign Makaay in championship manager. What a great player he was in those games.

Edited by G51

3 hours ago, AJF said:

Jokes on you, Gio never received EBT payments.

Aye I was thinking that.  He would've been away before Rangers started on their downward spiral to liquidation.

34 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Aye I was thinking that.  He would've been away before Rangers started on their downward spiral to liquidation.

In fairness, there were a few around Gio's time that were in receipt of one. It likely would've been in it's infancy though and it just seems he wasn't one of the chosen ones.

If he's a good a manager as he was a player, you've got a world class guy in charge. Was one player that I didn't mind watching against us, him and Arthur Numan especially I can remember.. Two top people and incredible players. 
If he's half as good a manager as he was a player, he wouldn't be anywhere near Scotland,let alone Ibrox.