Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

5 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

My focus is on Patterson, as a Scotland fan. I want him playing week in week out. Would Rangers loan him out in January? Pretty sure most SPFL prem teams would have him in their starting 11. 

I could search for the post - but there is no need.  I said a few weeks ago that one of Tav or Patterson will be offloaded in January and the demise  of Stevie G makes my take more sure.  It will be Tav.

Moving on from that - were I Gio (or whomever) my dream back 4 (given current constraints) would be:

Patterson
Souttar
Helander
Doig

8 hours ago, Bohemian said:

Right lads this Gerrard cardboard cutout thing is getting weird now.. like seriously WTF....

It’s all to do with a kind of poverty. Real poverty sure, where hopes and dreams are invested externally but more so a poverty of the intellectual kind and a real poverty of aspiration. 

These people in the video are middle aged and have never grown out of the mindset that their football team is “pure everthing by the way”. 

You get Celtic fans like this too. I was like that until my early-mid 20s. Growing out of that and understanding the reality of my favourite team’s place in the world is something most people manage. 

I also think the micro culture at play where drink is people’s main hobby doesn’t help. 

The people in the video will never grow up basically, and that’s sad as they will never achieve their potential. 

Edited by Thorongil

That video is fucking mental. People of that vintage always have terrible patter but seriously - WTF?.. 

Their grandbairns will be getting battered due to being related to such weird people. A crying shame. 

Nice backies, right enough. 

12 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Here's yer Daily Record:

The last time I saw wee Gio play for us was vs Parma in 1999 when he skied one over the bar - towards the end of the game - when scoring looked easier.

Still, I'll forgive him if he rejoins us in the coming week.

I’ve seen a couple of Twitter accounts analysing Knutsen. He seems like an interesting choice and I wouldn’t be against going for him.

It would be a completely different assignment from his current role at Bodo/Glimt but one I’d be intrigued about.

12 hours ago, Bohemian said:

Right lads this Gerrard cardboard cutout thing is getting weird now.. like seriously WTF....

lighten up ffs, its just weans having a laugh.

{is it just me who finds staunch women far more horrible than your usual brown brogue wearing fella ?}

Edited by Meldrew

12 hours ago, Bohemian said:

I’m shocked that they are all fat, baldy wankers. 
Absolute weirdos, these c***s were allowed to vote on our future, no wonder they fucked it up. 

11 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I could search for the post - but there is no need.  I said a few weeks ago that one of Tav or Patterson will be offloaded in January and the demise  of Stevie G makes my take more sure.  It will be Tav.

Moving on from that - were I Gio (or whomever) my dream back 4 (given current constraints) would be:

Patterson
Souttar
Helander
Doig

Talking of weirdos. 

21 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Still amazes me I brought him up about coming to Dens on loan and was hugely excited by it in the Championship last January and was criticised because nobody had ever heard of him. 

We ended up continuing with Christie Elliot and Cammy Kerr. A year older and numerous more appearances under their belts and they're both still absolutely murder in comparison. 

Aye, would be a no brainer for nearly every team in the league apart from Celtic and Aberdeen pretty much, especially now. 

21 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd be pretty sure a lot have enquired and been told no.

Yeah no doubt about that. Going to get to a stage where the lack of games will harm his development, possibly already happening.

16 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Patterson
Souttar
Helander
Doig

I think an EPL team would be in for JT if they got him for the right price. 

It's been said before, Shane Duffy gets a game week in week out along with plenty of other duds, Tavs attacking play would easily outshine his defensive work. 

On 13/11/2021 at 09:45, Bairnardo said:

I think he will maybe take Kamara and Aribo. Ironincally, maybe Patterson. Gerrard going to a middling EPL team and leaving "Tav" well alone should finally put to bed the nonsense claims over the years that he could cut it in the EPL.

Kamara maybe. Aribo I doubt. He’s brutally inconsistent and I’m still undecided whether he’s actually anywhere near as good as he the occasional flash of skill suggests. 

On 13/11/2021 at 09:49, DMCs said:

He will take Goldson on a bosman. 

Aribo or Kent more likely than Kamara just due to their contract situations.

Goldson would be bench fodder down there if he’s lucky.

On 13/11/2021 at 10:09, bennett said:

I've always thought that Gerrard struggled to work out where to play Hagi at times.

Wasn’t even that difficult either. Number 10 all day long. One of the main things that frustrated me about Gerrard was his use of Hagi.

On 13/11/2021 at 10:10, G51 said:

It’s crazy to me that people still think Tavernier is a poor defender.

Gerrard will come back for Goldson and Kent. Ultimately though, Aston Villa have their own head of recruitment so Gerrards influence on transfers will likely amount to little more than a veto.

Tavernier IS a poor defender. 

Russian secret agent taking interim charge of our games. 

David McCallum, Brian Gilmour, Jermain Defoe and Colin Stewart will lead our Men’s First Team whilst the recruitment process for a new Manager continues.

Share this Tweet

On 13/11/2021 at 19:35, sergie's no1 fan said:

OK this may have side tracked from my main point.

I don't care about Tav/Trav if he goes to Villa or if he's good enough for the EPL.

My focus is on Patterson, as a Scotland fan. I want him playing week in week out. Would Rangers loan him out in January? Pretty sure most SPFL prem teams would have him in their starting 11. 

Presuming every team bar Celtic and Aberdeen would be delighted to have him tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Meldrew said:

Colin Stewart, the most honest fan they have.

FEPxMVvXsAAcXSy?format=jpg&name=medium

He must be doing a clear out of his Twitter page 

Seen a few things he’s liked that you could consider questionable… and by questionable I mean racist

Edit: Need to stress it was unverified screenshots

Edited by Clown Job

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Presuming every team bar Celtic and Aberdeen would be delighted to have him tomorrow.

Aye, it's crazy how we have went from having just O'Donnell ( limited but done a decent enough job for Scotland) to having 2 potential super stars and Ralston who has turned his Celtic career around and then some. 

55 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

He must be doing a clear out of his Twitter page 

Seen a few things he’s liked that you could consider questionable… and by questionable I mean racist

Edit: Need to stress it was unverified screenshots

You could just have said 'allegedly'.