Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I think he will maybe take Kamara and Aribo. Ironincally, maybe Patterson. Gerrard going to a middling EPL team and leaving "Tav" well alone should finally put to bed the nonsense claims over the years that he could cut it in the EPL.

He was signed for £200k to play in the championship and I'd say that he's provided us with excellent service.  Outstanding going forward but does have the odd lapse of concentration defensively which would be exposed even more down there.

Maybe if Ryan Jack had a better record with Injuries then he'd worth a move down there.

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

What about Hagi, been a game changer in your games against us, wouldn't mind seeing him leaving.

I've always thought that Gerrard struggled to work out where to play Hagi at times.

It’s crazy to me that people still think Tavernier is a poor defender.

Gerrard will come back for Goldson and Kent. Ultimately though, Aston Villa have their own head of recruitment so Gerrards influence on transfers will likely amount to little more than a veto.

59 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Whoever the new manager is he has to realise Patterson can't sit on the bench for the rest of the season.

Either play him or loan him out in January till the end of the season. 

Gerrard will go for Trav won't he?

Tavernier? In the EPL? Not in a million years. 😆

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Whoever the new manager is he has to realise Patterson can't sit on the bench for the rest of the season.

If he goes for Tavernier, which is unlikely, it’ll be to sit on the bench as Matty Cash’s form has been one of few bright spots for Villa this season. He may go for Patterson however if he does, he’ll loan him back out to get him game time.

I think he’ll sign Aribo and Goldson for low fees due to Rangers letting their contacts run down.

15 hours ago, gudge1903 said:

I hate most Weedgies (old firm fans and new rangers2012) due to them infesting our wee nation with their twisted bigoted thoughts on life and religion and sport.

Yep that's weird, calling shit out as you see it. I'd say it's weird lapping up the crap because your scared to offend. 

I'd say it's weird letting a sporting club have their games refereed by their fan boy refs.

Enjoy the dog n duck league if you don't call it out.

I'd say it's really weird when you look at most of you guys post counts. 

Crazy to think you are in the 40-50 age range.

Never understood why Gerrard didn’t play Nathan Patterson at RB and Tavernier at RM pushing up on Aribo. It might make them a little weighted on the right hand side, but surely you play to your strengths? It wouldn’t exactly change the whole shape of the side to accommodate both Patterson and Tavernier.
Hopefully, whoever gets the gig at Ibrox, finds a way to get the lad into the side. It’s a clear waste of such a promising young Scottish player to be on the bench at this stage of his career.

Goldson in the EPL? Am I missing something? A decent player for Rangers but not a chance is he good enough to excel in the Premier League down south. 

I'd say only Aribo & Kamara have a chance of following him down the road. Even Kamara is a long shot as he recently extended his contract, didn't he? 

Tavernier :lol:

34 minutes ago, Desp said:

Goldson in the EPL? Am I missing something? A decent player for Rangers but not a chance is he good enough to excel in the Premier League down south. 

I'd say only Aribo & Kamara have a chance of following him down the road. Even Kamara is a long shot as he recently extended his contract, didn't he? 

I think he will go for Kent 

3 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Trav ? do you mean Tav ?   Matty Cash is a far better player, i don't think he'll come for anyone, if he's got money to spend, which he probably does, he's not buying a championship player who looks good in this tinpot league.

53 minutes ago, Desp said:

People realise the state of some EPL defences aye? Shane Duffy is tearing it up down there.

Goldson is easily good enough to play in the EPL and he’ll prove it next season.

39 minutes ago, bennett said:

Rangers are meeting with Van Bronckhorst in London today, hopefully we get this sorted out quickly. 

Rangers in London ?  Has Frank been invited to meet them too ? i think he'd be a better option, as much as i want it to be Deek McInnes

1 minute ago, G51 said:

People realise the state of some EPL defences aye? Shane Duffy is tearing it up down there.

Goldson is easily good enough to play in the EPL and he’ll prove it next season.

Day drinking is awesome, but pished before half one is a bit too much.

858108947_giphy(2).gif.821bad34be12271be2afa78bb703563f.gif

8 minutes ago, G51 said:

Exactly. 

8 minutes ago, G51 said:

I think if he goes to Villa, he's a bencher.