Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

17 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Ok, ok, I’ll rise to it (big mistake). What  proof do you have that the term that you refer to is used to describe all Protestants, including myself?

the exact same proof that its matching term  on the celtic side (F@@@@n) is used to describe all catholics - none, however both are sectarian accoridng to nil by mouth , the scottish government and most importantly by the scottish legal system. you can continue to whinge and moan about it but thats the bottom line.

Edited by robbie1872

1 minute ago, robbie1872 said:

the exact same proof that its matching term  on the celtic side (F@@@@n) is used to describe all catholics - none, however both are sectarian accoridng to nil by mouth , the scottish government and most importantly by the scottish legal system. you can continue to whinge and moan about it but thats the bottom line.

None then.

2 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

in relation to northern Irish politics and religious divide . You know something that is quite a big deal in the old firm rivalry.

Not having a dig at you personally, but can you even comprehend how weird and pathetic this sounds ?

18 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Ok, ok, I’ll rise to it (big mistake). What  proof do you have that the term that you refer to is used to describe all Protestants, including myself?

This is the 'angels dancing on the head of a pin' argument which will lead nowhere.

The term has long-since failed the acceptability test and, as I have said, it isn't up to the recipients of slurs to justify why they shouldn't be subject to them.

There is a host of unacceptable terms we no longer use but which once were common parlance.  The DR article highlighted a few of them, and were right to do so.  The H Bomb is another term to add to that list.

1 minute ago, Dolf said:

Again,how is it an unacceptable slur and were the English journalists that started using the term in the seventies to describe marauding Rangers fans specifically targeting Scottish protestants?

Again, we stopped the idea of 'justify why I can't use a slur against you' notion 50 years ago.  Sadly, a fair few on here are yet to catch up.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Again, we stopped the idea of 'justify why I can't use a slur against you' notion 50 years ago.  Sadly, a fair few on here are yet to catch up.

Slurs against Rangers fans, Celtic Fans, Hibs fans, Hearts fans, Airdrieonian fans, Chelsea fans, Brora Rangers fans etc are fine.

It's slurs against Protestants, Catholics, Jews, Black people, gay people, and so on that's out of order.

The dispute is as to which category the h-word belongs to.

18 minutes ago, robbie1872 said:

the exact same proof that its matching term  on the celtic side (F@@@@n)

Lol wut. The two terms have vastly different histories. "Matching terms" just about sums up the pathetic, mewling whataboutery being employed by you and others on this subject.

16 minutes ago, robbie1872 said:

yep it was the exact same time as you lot using "current buns" for rangers fans

What exactly do you mean by 'you lot' m8 ?

2 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Slurs against Rangers fans, Celtic Fans, Hibs fans, Hearts fans, Airdrieonian fans, Chelsea fans, Brora Rangers fans etc are fine.

That's the 'get out' of the bigot which I'm surprised to see you using.  'I can drop the H bomb as it's just used for Rangers fans'.

I was also surprised, earlier, when I searched a few other unacceptable term to see if they are used on here.  Thankfully, 'pikies' is rare, and rightly so.  However, 'gypos' returned a few hits, unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, Proposition Joe said:

Lol wut. The two terms have vastly different histories. "Matching terms" just about sums up the pathetic, mewling whataboutery being employed by you and others on this subject.

What exactly do you mean by 'you lot' m8 ?

bigots

1 minute ago, Dolf said:

You keep avoiding the question

I am asking you what makes it an unacceptable slur

I keep answering you.  It isn't up to me to justify why I shouldn't be on the receiving end.  The idea that the abused have to justify themselves died decades ago.  Except, of course, in the small minds of Scottish football fans.

The big shock is that you can't grasp this simple notion.

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I keep answering you.  It isn't up to me to justify why I shouldn't be on the receiving end.  The idea that the abused have to justify themselves died decades ago.  Except, of course, in the small minds of Scottish football fans.

The big shock is that you can't grasp this simple notion.

Except this isn’t really true, is it?

Theres a whole host of people who claim to be victims of abuse who are rightly derided for it. See the disciples of Nigel Farage, Tommy Robinson etc.

The idea that the rangers support have collectively decided it’s sectarian so therefore it is seems a bit fanciful to me. 

Edited by Dons_1988

Is funny seeing the Rangers support trying to weaponise identity politics when they get mild pushback on tolerating open bigotry the same way you see white racists moan about White Chicks. A rancid support full of privileged whiners.

35 minutes ago, robbie1872 said:

If you're blinkered, you're blinkered, and nothing can really change that.