Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

3 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

The problem with calling the word '***' sectarian, is that it is often used by Scottish protestants, like me, to describe Rangers.

It's simply common parlance. I couldn't care less if Celtic fans try to get a rise out of us by calling us mini-****. The implication is that we are a smaller Rangers. That's quite clearly the point they're hilariously trying to make.

It's absolutely ludicrous for anybody from Scotland to try and portray the word as something that is sectarian in nature. Rangers are just the ****. Even the meaning and implication of the term is very clear.

The idea it is a bigoted term is purely an internet-age phenomenon because Rangers fans aren't allowed to say '******'. It's a completely false equivalence dreamed up by the kind of people who run the podcast that is the focus of the week and want to be able to say 'whit aboot thaaaaiiim'.

Yes, it’s so clearly not sectarian. 

Citing nil by mouth is such a red herring. Obviously a charity there to ease tensions and defuse sectarian hatred between two sides aren’t going to say ‘aye the term *** is fine actually because…’. If they said anything different they’d get absolutely nowhere. 

10 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

The problem with calling the word '***' sectarian, is that it is often used by Scottish protestants, like me, to describe Rangers.

It's simply common parlance. I couldn't care less if Celtic fans try to get a rise out of us by calling us mini-****. The implication is that we are a smaller Rangers. That's quite clearly the point they're hilariously trying to make.

It's absolutely ludicrous for anybody from Scotland to try and portray the word as something that is sectarian in nature. Rangers are just the ****. Even the meaning and implication of the term is very clear.

The idea it is a bigoted term is purely an internet-age phenomenon because Rangers fans aren't allowed to say '******'. It's a completely false equivalence dreamed up by the kind of people who run the podcast that is the focus of the week and want to be able to say 'whit aboot thaaaaiiim'.

Your right 

there is absolutely no other meaning behind the term h##
….

8760A717-A35D-443A-A051-C5CC8226AF67.jpeg

F5E49D69-7FA5-4682-92DE-DE039B5FC433.jpeg

1D7F7117-F375-4E6B-A94D-643DDCC3FF8B.jpeg

F42CAC54-6A38-4620-8CFB-213BBEBC6C77.jpeg

Edited by Forever_blueco

25 minutes ago, Orbix said:

Zombies is, at least, logically consistent within the lies Celtic fans tell themselves. Could probably get away with that. 

Hearing that someone has just written Zombies on a wall in Belfast.

Better phone Police Scotland m8.

Would the vast majority posting on this thread get a f*ck*ng grip. Seriously, I can only assume that most of the Celtic and Rangers fans on here are children, because they’re certainly coming across as if they are. “Please sir, please sir, they’re being nasty to me.”  “But, but, he was nasty to us first, sir.”

Just now, kingjoey said:

Would the vast majority posting on this thread get a f*ck*ng grip. Seriously, I can only assume that most of the Celtic and Rangers fans on here are children, because they’re certainly coming across as if they are. “Please sir, please sir, they’re being nasty to me.”  “But, but, he was nasty to us first, sir.”

Seems to be non old firm fans who are reluctant to accept a term they use might possibly have deeper political/sectarian undertones despite the proof being put infront of their very eyes 

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You new to Scottish football joey? I thought you were 79. 

Guest TheJTS98
6 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Seems to be non old firm fans who are reluctant to accept a term they use might possibly have deeper political/sectarian undertones despite the proof being put infront of their very eyes 

You realise that, being Scottish and not supporting Celtic (the main magnet to the Irish immigrant population), the vast majority of non-Old Firm fans in Scotland are likely to be protestant (in the Old Firm meaning of these words)?

So, if this population is happy using the word *** to describe Rangers., then that means the word is about Rangers.

Unless you think this is widespread proddy on proddy self-loathing bigotry. Which would be marvelous.

Edited by TheJTS98

2 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

You realise that, being Scottish and not supporting Celtic (the main magnet to the Irish immigrant population), the vast majority of non-Old Firm fans in Scotland are likely to be protestant (in the Old Firm meaning of these words)?

So, if this population is happy using the word *** to describe Rangers., then that means the word is about Rangers.

Unless you think this is widespread proddy on proddy self-loathing bigotry. Which would be marvelous.

I literally acknowledge the point you are making before you made it about 4 posts of mine ago 

1 hour ago, Forever_blueco said:

Fwiw I do believe that most use the term as a slang name for Rangers and Rangers only as it is something they have heard and picked up over the years. I just find there refusal to believe or accept that there is a deeper meaning connected to the word baffling when it is pointed out to them. 

I don’t think this is the case when it comes to a lot of Celtic support and particularly their groups with links to support of armed Irish republicanism. They know exactly what they mean when they bring flags and displays like this into the ground 

13F732D2-BE9D-499A-86C5-39DE91F61956.jpeg

Guest TheJTS98
5 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

I literally acknowledge the point you are making before you made it about 4 posts of mine ago 

I completely reject your assertion of a deeper meaning in the Scottish context.

I've never once been referred to as a '***' in any context other than a Celtic fan calling me a mini-***. Even though I would qualify if you were correct. I must just be lucky. But then I don't know anyone who has ever been referred to as a *** in reference to anything other than football. Certainly nobody has ever mentioned this to me. I have never heard references to *** churches or *** ministers or *** Sunday schools, or even *** High Schools.

It's all a figment of the Rangers Internet imagination.

Edited by TheJTS98

22 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

It's simply common parlance.

Aye, 'common parlance' makes it ok then?

The term is unacceptable and the idea that it's ok if it's used by many is an inane throwback to the 70s.  The, 'But everyone uses it so it's ok' ship sailed 50 years ago - except among Scottish football fans where it is probably rusting in a boatyard in Port Glasgow. 

1 minute ago, TheJTS98 said:

I completely reject your assertion of a deeper meaning in the Scottish context.

I've never once been referred to as a '***' in any context other than a Celtic fan calling me a mini-***. I don't know anyone who has ever been referred to as a ***. Certainly nobody has ever mentioned this to me. I have never heard references to *** churches or *** ministers or *** Sunday schools, or even *** High Schools.

It's all a figment of the Rangers Internet imagination.

I never knew your own personal experience represented the whole of Scotland 

12 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Ok, ok, I’ll rise to it (big mistake). What  proof do you have that the term that you refer to is used to describe all Protestants, including myself?

12 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Aye, 'common parlance' makes it ok then?

The term is unacceptable and the idea that it's ok if it's used by many is an inane throwback to the 70s.  The, 'But everyone uses it so it's ok' ship sailed 50 years ago - except among Scottish football fans where it is probably rusting in a boatyard in Port Glasgow. 

Mind when you and a couple of others were using the term 'grey and green yins' to describe Celtic fans ?

2 minutes ago, Dolf said:

But why is it an unacceptable slur?

And do you actually think of yourself as inclusive?

The idea that it was up to the recipient of unacceptable slurs to justify not being subject to them has long-since passed, thankfully, along with idiocy such as, "I don't mean it in that way", "Everyone uses it" or, "Some of my friends are..."

3 minutes ago, Proposition Joe said:

Mind when you and a couple of others were using the term 'grey and green yins' to describe Celtic fans ?

I do.  I was sent to the naughty step for 2 weeks and stopped using the phrase.

Edited by The_Kincardine

4 minutes ago, Dolf said:

Why would supporters of clubs from all over Scotland who,based on demographics one would assume are from protestant backgrounds,refer to Rangers as h*** if it is indeed a slur against protestants?

I have already covered this twice 

I accept other clubs have picked it up as a term for Rangers fans throughout the years 

the word clearly has deeper meanings when in relation to northern Irish politics and religious divide . You know something that is quite a big deal in the old firm rivalry 

Edited by Forever_blueco