Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

42 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

For what it's worth, I found it eyebrow raising that Rangers would bring about an official link with a podcast named like that. Sends a bit of a message, and one that Rangers give the impression they don't want to send.

I actually think it is very obvious that Rangers do not give a flying f**k about what anyone else thinks - Orange strips, Heart and Hand podcast, ffs - we look at places like Hungary and the media tut tuts at their overt racism, demands action - but the club that just won the Premiership are championing a stance that is - at best - questionable.

Why do they do this? Just pop into places like Bathgate or Broxburn and see how many strips they sell. 

That stance is entirely their right if they exist in a vaccum...............however, when it affects and impacts people in the very business area that they operate, then they need to be dealt with.

This wouldnt be tolerated in any other Industry in Scotland, but everyone - police, politicians, media, SPFL, SFA seem shit scared of these wallopers.

They clearly dont care about people asking nicely, so the only thing that will resolve this is to remove points. And I mean every single time a sectarian song is sung - home or away.

Oh, and in case any of our resident Rangers fans do the "sectarianism isnt just a west coast issue" - aye it is. Apart from the very odd (and I mean that in every sense of the word) tit that support Hibs and Hearts who get laughed at by the rest of their fans support - other clubs dont have this issue.

Hit these wanks where it actually means something, or just dinnae bother.

2 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

What do people about the tit-for-tat outing of old tweets that is now going around Twitter?

Also, on a related note, what about the boy from Middlesborough who has been charged by the FA for tweets he made 9 years ago as a 14 year old?

The journalists at the daily record seem to have dug their own grave here 

you don’t publish a story about historic tweets and how out of order without making sure your own house is in order which it clearly isn’t 

They only have their own stupidity to blame 

5 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

What do people about the tit-for-tat outing of old tweets that is now going around Twitter?

Also, on a related note, what about the boy from Middlesborough who has been charged by the FA for tweets he made 9 years ago as a 14 year old?

The reason seems to be if you're going to hold people accountable then you'll be held accountable yourself. 

I saw that yesterday and I don't know what to say apart from ridiculous. The guy posted something stupid as wean and has obviously matured and grown since then.

Edited by bennett

I see the Celtic podcast contributor Natasha Meikle has now apparently resigned from her position within a law firm over her historic tweets. What a shambles this has become.

Edited by AJF

53 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Last season I was taken aback that the Ibrox club had the 'Heart and Hand' podcast as the sponsors of their Rangers TV coverage of matches, and that H&H chose the player of the match: mind writing it on the match threads at the time here.

But on reflection, the club only appears to react to bad publicity rather than prevent issues before they occur, in fact they probably don't see anything wrong with associating themselves with such a group, what with their backing of gatherings such as 'Union Bears', overlooking racist bile chanted or sung by their customers, or ongoing choice of colours for their away outfits and tracksuits. It appears to be part of the club's marketing ploy to encourage a particular type of fan, and/or maybe the custodians at Ibrox enjoy a circus of staunch rage.

RFC had been happy enough to associate themselves with the Vangaurd Bears for years, a very nasty group of bigots who describe themselves as loyalists 

The only real surprise here is the media giving people a tiny peek behind the curtains.

37 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

The journalists at the daily record seem to have dug their own grave here 

you don’t publish a story about historic tweets and how out of order without making sure your own house is in order which it clearly isn’t 

They only have their own stupidity to blame 

36 minutes ago, bennett said:

The reason seems to be if you're going to hold people accountable then you'll be held accountable yourself. 

I saw that yesterday and I don't know what to say apart from ridiculous. The guy posted something stupid as wean and has obviously matured and grown since then.

Yes, let's hold nobody to account instead of everyone. That'll fix it

28 minutes ago, AJF said:

I see the Celtic podcast contributor Natasha Meikle has now apparently resigned from her position within a law firm over her historic tweets. What a shambles this has become.

No idea what her historic tweets said, but she needed sacked for her work profile anyway - it says she will provide legal advice to Public, Private and Third Sector companies...................which is really just a wanktastic way of saying "I will work for anyone, basically whoever pays the hourly fee is fine by me"

55 minutes ago, bennett said:

Is Keith just having a bit of a laugh with the lads or is he being a bigot here?

E-bxP8BWUAQnzYR?format=jpg&name=medium

Twitter has gone absolutely crazy today, tweets being pulled up left, right and centre. Accounts and tweets being deleted as journalists rush to protect themselves.

If Keith Jackson gets sacked from this it’s going to be hilarious. He’s quietly ignored the H&H’s bigoted pish for years but only now does he care with Rangers no longer getting giving him preferential treatment over fan media. Now hopefully he has well and truly shot himself in the foot.

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

If Keith Jackson gets sacked from this it’s going to be hilarious. He’s quietly ignored the H&H’s bigoted pish for years but only now does he care with Rangers no longer getting giving him preferential treatment over fan media. Now hopefully he has well and truly shot himself in the foot.

Keith's been out of the picture at Rangers for a while now, most of our news scoops in the last few years has came via Stv and occasionally the Sun. 

Just now, bennett said:

Keith's been out of the picture at Rangers for a while now, most of our news scoops in the last few years has came via Stv and occasionally the Sun. 

What?! Are you insinuating Scoops ‘exclusives’ and ‘sources ‘ are second hand and/or totally made up? 

12 minutes ago, gannonball said:

thats one thing we can agree on, lovely to see the self proclaimed arbiters of whats bigoted shoot themselves in the foot, with multiple record employees, labour and snp councillors and various other journos like tom english and speirs get called out, as well as the likes of janey godley

1 hour ago, TheBruce said:

We have a Covid crises, an NHS crises, a housing crises, a drug crises, an Afghanistan crises and the daily rabble run with front page headlines of ten year old tweets. They deserve all that's coming their way along with their associated haters who piled in. 

Glass houses springs to mind.

1 crisis.

More than one would be crises.

Grammar/spelling Nazi. HTH.

It would be sweetly ironic if you now trawl through all my P&B posts for the many examples of my poor use of grammar. 😲

Edited by Suspect Device

23 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Draw a line under racism, nothing to see hear, after all it was only brought up cause rangers won. Police Scotland, Scot Govt, The Daily Record, Celtic fans, in fact it’s fans of all clubs apparently, are all raging cause ‘big Fil’ scored a goal. 

23 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Racism, sectarianism it's just a brouhaha so yeah just move on.

Seen some wild takes from old Kincardine however this one makes him look more like Alf Garnett

Pointing out that the Hoopisphere raging against unacceptable behaviour peaks after an OF defeat is perfectly reasonable and doesn't mean I condone what was chanted.

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

No idea what her historic tweets said, but she needed sacked for her work profile anyway - it says she will provide legal advice to Public, Private and Third Sector companies...................which is really just a wanktastic way of saying "I will work for anyone, basically whoever pays the hourly fee is fine by me"

She called them 'the h word which shall not be named', which many Rangers fans are of course trying to reappropriate as a sectarian term. 

Nonsense, clearly, given that it references their proclivity for destruction and is absolutely nothing to do with religion (e.g. Nacho Novo is one, Danny McGrain is not). Suspect if it was we wouldn't have fans of just about every fanbase in Scotland - many of whom are Protestants - call them that. 

Edited by ArtemisClydeFrog

2 minutes ago, ArtemisClydeFrog said:

She called them 'the h word which shall not be named', which many Rangers fans are of course trying to reappropriate as a sectarian term. 

The H word has become an unacceptable slur and her use of it was enough for her employment to be terminated. 

Only the bigoted and the ignorant cling on to it for dear life.

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The H word has become an unacceptable slur and her use of it was enough for her employment to be terminated. 

Only the bigoted and the ignorant cling on to it for dear life.

So what‘s your opinion of this?

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/job-done-now-***-18235087.amp