Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

It's not even hypocrisy. Bad taste humour isn't equivalent to actual hate speech - but since the Rangers fans have no instances of him using terms like 'Orange b*****ds' or '****' or singing rebel songs in a Gallowgate pub, they have to use this weak pish as their whataboutery ammunition.

The main purpose it serves is so they can continue using anti-catholic slurs and singing anti-catholic anthems with a clear conscience - because their critics are supposedly doing it too, even when they aren't.

The journalist in question has talked about offensive speech, which widens the remit. 

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Racism, sectarianism it's just a brouhaha so yeah just move on.

Seen some wild takes from old Kincardine however this one makes him look more like Alf Garnett

I was going to say the problem won’t go away until Kincardine’s generation die out, but then I remembered wee forever blueco’s still young so I’m talking shite. 

8 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

I was going to say the problem won’t go away until Kincardine’s generation die out, but then I remembered wee forever blueco’s still young so I’m talking shite. 

Aye but I’m from impoverished Glasgow 

I’m probably due my mid life crisis any time soon 

4 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

When we see pish like this posted I think it's time to draw a line under this week's brouhaha and move on - until the next time we beat you.

Who'd have thought a simple headed goal from Big Fil would have sent Sellick fans, their diddy pals, Polis Alba and the SNP into a foaming-at-the-mouth frenzy?

Here's a reminder...

Oh that it were so simple.

Finally, finally abhorrent behaviour is being chased down.

I welcome the chase.

8 hours ago, Ric said:

I'm not going to lie, I have regularly castigated the OF for their lack of addressing anti-social behaviour (whichever flavour you wish to mention), and I have been entirely right to do so as the clubs themselves tended to deny then apply whataboutery.

It has to be said, it's a pleasant surprise to see Rangers acting so quickly and publicly.

They shouldn't be applauded for this action, because they are simply doing the right thing, in the same way you don't applaud someone for not shitting on your carpet, but it's definitely better than before.

If the club is trying to move away from some of the old fashioned views then you have to wonder what they are doing about a whole stadium singing “f**k Bobby Sands, he’s deed”

Unless of course this a football reference that I’ve missed? From what I know it’s a song relating to the troubles in Ireland no?

Just now, CCB19035 said:

When was this? 

Grown men singing that, around kids etc. 

They are so fucking stupid it's baffling. They probably don't understand what it is they are actually saying, and how totally fucked it is.

Take it you didn’t watch the game then?

(or any Rangers game?)

From an outside in view of all of this, it seems very much like the relatively silent majority of Rangers fans have no time for a lot of the songs and views that deserve to be kept in the past. Pretty much every Rangers fan I know cannot be bothered with it and while it is a part of who Rangers are/were, the club has moved on.

Equally cringy is the constant whataboutary from either side of that derby whenever the other does or doesn't fo something.

Sensible fans can see the damage all of this has or both the clubs current and future standing.

The Rangers Celtic derby is already rapidly diminishing in part from the pettiness of both clubs, but equally because its toxicity is make it less and less attractive to sponsors and folk outwith Scotland. Rivalry and a very passionate one is good, but all the other stuff will end up completely killing it outwith Scotland.

40 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

I watched the game but on mute. Can't ever be arsed with Crockers arsehole licking, 

You can't ban whole stadiums. They'll ban a few here and there to keep up appearances, but they have no interest in actually rooting out the problem- it's the core support. 

I knew they sang it but didn't realise it was sang last week.

As I said earlier, have you ever been to a game against them where they haven’t sung that song (sang that song?).

10 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

From an outside in view of all of this, it seems very much like the relatively silent majority of Rangers fans have no time for a lot of the songs and views that deserve to be kept in the past. Pretty much every Rangers fan I know cannot be bothered with it and while it is a part of who Rangers are/were, the club has moved on.

Is this true? I haven't seen a single Rangers fan on this thread, including several supposedly sensible ones, condemn the behaviour of the Heart and Hand guys, and disappointingly several very decent folk that I follow on Twitter had nothing to say about the racist singing last weekend either. It seems to be tolerated at the very least.

The last day or so has also exposed a large number of grubby and sinister little bunch of oddballs as part of the online Rangers support.

Just now, craigkillie said:

Is this true? I haven't seen a single Rangers fan on this thread, including several supposedly sensible ones, condemn the behaviour of the Heart and Hand guys, and disappointingly several very decent folk that I follow on Twitter had nothing to say about the racist singing last weekend either. It seems to be tolerated at the very least.

The last day or so has also exposed a large number of grubby and sinister little bunch of oddballs as part of the online Rangers support.

Good post, although I would challenge the last sentence a bit - its been glaringly obvious for years now. 

The media have allowed their sectarianism to continue unchallenged (with a few vocal exceptions) and have given the club and fans licence to assume that they are in some way untouchable (as you know, this also extends to the softly softly police treatment of their fans when they arrive in your town).

That has bled into the online world as is the way of these things.

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

A general acceptance of people being "90 minute bigots" seems to be rife i'd say. 

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I think you’ll find you’re just raging that rangers won.