Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

1 hour ago, Jacky1990 said:

Genuine question, why are Rangers as a club and as a fan base so obsessed with how many things they have?

No other club continuously talks about how many managers they have had nor how many titles they have, season in and season out.

I'd get it if it was a significant number like 60th title, or the title that gets you most in world football or whatever. But the whole 55/56 thing is just really weird behaviour.

They labour on the 55 titles and 150 year history because they feel compelled to ram it down everyone else's throat, since they know they're living a lie. If they genuinely had won that number of titles in that number of years, they'd not have to convince the sceptics (ie absolutely everyone but the people with a vested interest in the myth of continuity).

One of the stages of grief is denial, and they've been in it since the death of their dearly expensively departed club.

They're football's equivalent of Lance Armstrong, lashing out for years at anybody having the audacity to challenge their embarrassingly transparent work of fiction.

It took years for the world of cycling to deal with its 'Rangers.' It's only a matter of time until Scottish football's suppurating boil gets lanced.  

3 hours ago, Humbugged2 said:

Quit China because he did not want to get stuck and then to work for Pep

Roy Makkay is coming in with him

quit china with a 30% win record 

roy makkay is an under 19 coach, that's what you're swapping for Michael Beale, we''ll all be excited to she what shite you all come out with to try and convince us and yourselves, that you've got an upgrade, the other arse cheek is looking good for 52

Edited by Meldrew

3 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

quit china with a 30% win record 

roy makkay is an under 19 coach, that's what you're swapping for Michael Beale, we''ll all be excited to she what shite you all come out with to try and convince us and yourselves, that you've got an upgrade, the other arse cheek is looking good for 52

The exercise you’ve been putting into Rangers threads of late is impressive. However, for my tuppenceworth:

1. China, GvB and Covid has been well documented. You’ll find it if you look for it.

2. Michael Beale is undoubtedly a proven strength that we’ve lost. We’ve not swapped him for anybody, he chose to leave with SG and I don’t see Makaay as a like for like. Only time will tell how we fare. 

3. I don’t think anyone’s yet calling GVB an upgrade but I do think, on paper, we’ve at least signed someone of similar stature. 

Only time will tell how that pans out. Stop being such a…, a…Meldrew? . 

6 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

The exercise you’ve been putting into Rangers threads of late is impressive. However, for my tuppenceworth:

1. China, GvB and Covid has been well documented. You’ll find it if you look for it.

2. Michael Beale is undoubtedly a proven strength that we’ve lost. We’ve not swapped him for anybody, he chose to leave with SG and I don’t see Makaay as a like for like. Only time will tell how we fare. 

3. I don’t think anyone’s yet calling GVB an upgrade but I do think, on paper, we’ve at least signed someone of similar stature. 

Only time will tell how that pans out. Stop being such a…, a…Meldrew? . 

what about his last 2 season in Holland ?

upgrade is the current buzz word on forums full of the peepul.

am not being anything, i'm just enjoying the delusion of a ''big club'' and its fanbase

Different take incoming...........GVB has reasonable experience management wise,led the might that is Feyenoord to they're last title win.

Negative slant now....,for me his biggest problem will be how he gets on with some of Gerrard's fan boys in the dressing room ??

Kent,Aribo,Goldson,Lundstram,Kamara etc..........

I guess we'll all find out soon enough,wouldn't be surprised to see some of the above leave in January or at the end of the season...........

17 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

what about his last 2 season in Holland ?

upgrade is the current buzz word on forums full of the peepul.

am not being anything, i'm just enjoying the delusion of a ''big club'' and its fanbase

Feyenoord had not won  title for 18 years before he got the job ,and Ajax had a lot of good young players coming though and reached the semi of the Champions League

19 minutes ago, Humbugged2 said:

Feyenoord had not won  title for 18 years before he got the job ,and Ajax had a lot of good young players coming though and reached the semi of the Champions League

Steve McLaren won Eredivisie ffs, you've just appointed your very own Ole Gunnar Solskjaer