Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

He's gone. By the time clubs are making official approaches, the manager has almost always agreed to join.

Hopefully we can keep a hold of Beale and promote him to manager. But if he wants to head back down south with Gerrard, then so be it. This is what Wilson is paid big money for.

He picked out Hassenhuttl for Southampton - I kind of expect him to go back to Germany again. I don't think it's going to be a manager that we're familiar with.

23 minutes ago, G51 said:

He's gone. By the time clubs are making official approaches, the manager has almost always agreed to join.

Hopefully we can keep a hold of Beale and promote him to manager. But if he wants to head back down south with Gerrard, then so be it. This is what Wilson is paid big money for.

He picked out Hassenhuttl for Southampton - I kind of expect him to go back to Germany again. I don't think it's going to be a manager that we're familiar with.

That worked out excellently in the past with Paul Le Guen and Pedro Caixinha, oh wait, ah well, maybe third times the charm.

3 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

That worked out excellently in the past with Paul Le Guen and Pedro Caixinha, oh wait, ah well, maybe third times the charm.

None of that foreign muck here please! British managers only!!

10 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I doubt very much that there would be much truth in an English Premier League club wanting Gerrard given his record up here. He has been here for three and a half years, put Rangers millions of pounds further into debt and has one trophy, albeit the one that he had to win, to show for it. One trophy. Do Rangers fans on here truly see him as a success simply because he stopped the ten-in-a-row. Ignoring Europe, he has competed for nine Scottish trophies and been successful once.

Nonsense. He won 55 trophies last year.

26 minutes ago, G51 said:

^^ when u definitely understand finances

The finances have made some great reading on Twitter. So many fans of other teams getting themselves in quite a tizzy talking like they’re ITK accountants or otherwise getting their knickers in a twist because they don’t know where to find the info that explains why Rangers fans aren’t freaking out about the losses.

Just now, 8MileBU said:

The finances have made some great reading on Twitter. So many fans of other teams getting themselves in quite a tizzy talking like they’re ITK accountants or otherwise getting their knickers in a twist because they don’t know where to find the info that explains why Rangers fans aren’t freaking out about the losses.

same as it ever was. the people who cannot understand the difference between then (running at a loss with an owner unable to fund the deficit, major liabilities) and now (running at a loss with owners able and willing to fund the deficit, no liabilities) are the sort of people who haven't quite worked out yet that phil mac goilla bhain doesn't actually have a source in the square mile.

still, always gives me an opportunity to break out my favourite argument: not paying creditors is in fact a good thing and more clubs should do it. 

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

I’m not saying Gerrard to Villa won’t happen, but worth remembering that it’s the international break and the Scottish media have absolutely heehaw interest in talking about the national side if they can avoid it.

I've seen a few weirdo takes like this today. Some folk claiming the media have completely made the story up to unsettle Rangers as they're on the verge of running away with the title again.

Seems to be reported widely down South that Gerrard has asked to leave and has already agreed terms with Villa, and its not just down to Rangers accepting hes away or not.