Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

5 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I’m asking a question so as to understand it as the article suggests they relied on 21 million last season from directors in funding and still made a 23 million pound loss.

If that’s not the case cool hence the question.

Either way it seems to spell fucked 

Our accounts say £33.5m paid in first team wages with about £48m in revenue. If you take a £23.5m loss from that figure you get £24.5m which means a £9m shortfall. Just think logically about it. Do you think we literally aren't paying those players what they are contracted to receive? 

EDIT: Also "fucked" is interesting terminology. Champions and top of the league by 4 points...

Edited by DMCs

Just now, DMCs said:

Our accounts say £33.5m paid in first team wages with about £48m in revenue. If you take a £23.5m loss from that figure you get £24.5m which means a £9m shortfall. Just think logically about it. Do you think we literally aren't paying those players what they are contracted to receive? 

I haven’t read the report fully but to quote the Scotsman

The Scottish champions were sustained by £21 million of loans from shareholders and investors through the period to June 30, 2021.”

Your accounts include that figure as part of the £48m revenue figure you quoted?

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The Scottish champions were sustained by £21 million of loans from shareholders and investors through the period to June 30, 2021.”

Your accounts include that figure as part of the £48m revenue figure you quoted?

Mate just give up jesus you're wrong here.

4 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Mate just give up jesus you're wrong here.

I haven’t suggested I’m right I’ve only asked you if the 48 mil you generated in revenue includes the 21 million pounds provided by directors? 

That seems a pretty straightforward question to ask someone who has read the report in full and could have been answered with a simple yes or no 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Jinky67

14 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

If they don't win the league to get the champions league dosh or don't sell a few players at a decent wedge they're fecked M8.

10 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I haven’t suggested I’m right I’ve only asked you if the 48 mil you generated in revenue includes the 21 million pounds provided by directors? 

That seems a pretty straightforward question to ask someone who has read the report in full and could have been answered with a simple yes or no 🤷‍♂️

The answer is no obviously.

20 hours ago, AJF said:

Jesus, are you deliberately missing the point 😂 I was responding to a point made about the impact covid had on our losses. It is not rocket science to work out that there still would’ve been a loss had it been a “regular” season, but there’s also no denying covid increased it significantly.

So did you not have fans taking out season tickets and buying PPV like most other clubs? It’s true the hospitality would suffer a loss but not the season ticket money, ppv, etc.

2 hours ago, Yflab said:

So did you not have fans taking out season tickets and buying PPV like most other clubs? It’s true the hospitality would suffer a loss but not the season ticket money, ppv, etc.

Yeah that's in the figures but we didn't have that opportunity for European games for one thing which can be really significant.

2 hours ago, Yflab said:

Season tickets only cover home league matches. Impressively, we only sold 707 less season tickets than the season before, but our match day income was massively reduced.

As was mentioned before, gate receipts and hospitality were down from £35.7m to £18.2. Our European income suffered the most. Due to us being unable to sell match packages and broadcasting rights for these fixtures, our European income fell from £20.7m to £11.7m.

So while we were still able to sell season tickets, our overall matchday and associated income was well down.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

What drives guys to spend their Saturday arguing about who received more business interruption insurance? 

Come on now. You know fine well I was only using that argument to debunk the claims made by Willy.