Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

4 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

they’ve been forced to act so they can say “we’re doing our best to stop it”.  they know that there will come a time when the authorities get sick of it all.sevco will get the blame and will be punished for their fans behaviour either inside or outside the stadium.

I know that ScotGov is deeply illiberal  but that must surely be a step too far - even for them.

It would be a repeat of the Offensive Behaviour Act which fans of every other club loved until they found out that they were also subject to it and then squealed like stuck pigs to get it repealed.

15 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

They actually were, I remember discussing it with a mate, as it was happening.  

unless my audio during the game came from under central station bridge. 

Also no It didn’t .

I was there . that song was not sung at any point of the game 

if you can remember the chat with your imaginary pal so vividly try and remember what was happening on the pitch at the time and we can watch it back and have a listen 

Edited by Forever_blueco

1 minute ago, Forever_blueco said:

Also no It didn’t .

I was there . that song was not sung at any point of the game 

if you can remember the chat with your imaginary pal so vividly try and remember what was happening on the pitch at the time and we can watch it back and have a listen 

Not Listening Dumb And Dumber GIF

I completely agree with that, and I am not stating that they are in any way the same at all. I am stating that I believe Celtic fans using the term "orange b*****ds" is insulting someone based on their perceived Protestant faith rather than their perceived membership of the Orange Order.

I rather think when Celtic fans say OB it’s mainly referring to fans of Rangers or to fans they believe have some kind of big team allegiance to Rangers, like when they chant it at Dens.

No one can surely think that Celtic fans have any kind of real hatred of Protestants [emoji3]

41 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

They were singing it during the game. 

If it was being sung during the game it would have been repeatedly mentioned on the match thread and online sites at the time.

It wasn't. 

50 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

If the video hadn’t gone viral and in the public domain how the f**k would rangers have known anything about it to do anything ? Your point makes no sense 

I think you misread my point, my main criticism is of the police 

But if the police decided not to do anything after that video went viral, RFC wouldn’t have either 

I wouldn’t expect them to know about something that wasn’t recorded or went viral. 

Edit: The public pressure on the police to do something forced RFC to also take action

I genuinely believe without that public pressure the police would have done absolutely nothing about the incident 

Edited by Clown Job

1 minute ago, bennett said:

If it was being sung during the game it would have been repeatedly mentioned on the match thread and online sites at the time.

It wasn't. 

Drew’s vivid memory of the discussion with his pal falls to pieces when you actually ask him when it supposedly happened during the game 

3 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Just had a word with my ‘imaginary’ friend, apparently it was the ‘up to our knees’ song were discussing, in my defence I always get those 2 mixed up. 

Sorry Sophie Turner GIF by Team Coco

Hope yous both managed to hear that old toe tapper “here we go 10 in a row” 

you know a song that was actually sung on Sunday 

Edited by Forever_blueco

Simmer down.  The clear intent is to say that unacceptable behaviour precludes you from being considered a fan.  A subtle distinction but an important one.

Not buying that. When clubs hit out with the “so-called fan” patter, they’re trying to convince everyone that there isn’t a single bad egg amongst their fanbase, and that any bigot out there singing that sort of song is just some random who claims to be a Rangers fan.

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

Just had a word with my ‘imaginary’ friend, apparently it was the ‘up to our knees’ song were discussing, in my defence I always get those 2 mixed up. 

I'm sorry that the team I support beat the team that you support on Sunday. 

I apologise on their behalf. 

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

At 3.18 you can hear the audio stop and change.

So MarkRFC1997 who regularly posts videos it from inside Ibrox and other Rangers related content is now dubbing his own videos to include sectarian chanting to make himself look bad?

Maybe he should have done some work to blur the faces of those you can clearly lip read instead 

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Edited by Jinky67

20 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

3 minutes and 31 seconds in. I'm sure you will recognise the tune 

All that clip has shown is that a few folk attempted it and it didn’t catch on at all . How drew and his pal managed to hear that pre match is anyone’s guess .

there’s more folk joined in the fighting outside connolly’s bar in the merchant city post match 

Edited by Forever_blueco