Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

21 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Does the number 55 have some sort of special significance for Rangers? When the old club won their 45th title, did they parade around in '45' shirts and plaster the number '45' all over their Facebook/official website/whatever existed in those days? Genuine question. I'm curious.

It's significant because it was our most craved. 

I love how everyone on Twitter was grinding their teeth whilst licking their lips at the prospect of there being "major trouble" at George Square tonight but now they have resorted to posting videos of litter and complaining how vile all of this is. 😂

Absolutely delighted to finally win the league today. Thought I was going to be lording it over everyone who laughed at us on our way back to the top of Scottish football but it’s just a massive relief more than anything else.

Still plenty of work to be done in terms of progressing as far as we can in Europa League and winning the Scottish Cup. Then maybe in the summer we can take a bit of time to reflect on what a wonderful season it’s been before focusing on winning the league again next season. 

*This is a shitpost, do not take so seriously. 

If we were to look at Rangers form compared to Celtcs form over the past 30 games and retrospectively pretend this would have been the case had games resumed for the 19-20 season then Rangers would have won the league. 

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

We won this league quicker than any of the so called diddy leagues. 

Just saying...

Isn't this your fifth season back in the Premiership?  Congratulations on your victory, best team this year by a country mile, but it didn't take five attempts to win any of the diddy leagues.  

3 minutes ago, Dagdagh said:

Isn't this your fifth season back in the Premiership?  Congratulations on your victory, best team this year by a country mile, but it didn't take five attempts to win any of the diddy 

I'm sure you understood that I meant in the context of one particular season. To illustrate the point, Peterhead gave us more competition in Div 3  than celtc did this season in the top league. 

Edited by Stormzy

7 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Obviously but I'm sure you understood that I meant in the context of one particular season. To illustrate the point, Peterhead gave us more competition in Div 3  than celtc did this season in the top league. 

I'm nit-picking but I think bragging about how easy this title win was kind of belittles the previous four seasons.  This didn't come from nowhere, you've consolidated and improved each season.  All I'm saying is that the mistakes of the previous seasons actually contributed to Ranger's mentality this season and shouldn't be ignored. 

Edited by Dagdagh

It's significant because it was our most craved. 
Really, I mean really. So, more craved than the Walter Smith side equalling 9? Or more craved than the season you didn't get to 10??

I'm in my mid 30's so have only known Old Rangers or Celtic winning the league, but this seems more significant to the Rangers supporters. The added importance of stopping 10 I understand, I remember it meaning a great deal to Celtic stopping 10 in the late 90's but there's something different here. Would this mean as much to Rangers fans if their club hadn't died?? It seems like it's less about stopping 10 or this made up idea of '55' but more about the first title since they died.

7 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Really, I mean really. So, more craved than the Walter Smith side equalling 9? Or more craved than the season you didn't get to 10??

I'm in my mid 30's so have only known Old Rangers or Celtic winning the league, but this seems more significant to the Rangers supporters. The added importance of stopping 10 I understand, I remember it meaning a great deal to Celtic stopping 10 in the late 90's but there's something different here. Would this mean as much to Rangers fans if their club hadn't died?? It seems like it's less about stopping 10 or this made up idea of '55' but more about the first title since they died.

😂😂😂

We might see 1 arrest after all, H** Solo. 

Police have launched an investigation after a man was spotted performing a sex act on himself at Ibrox yesterday as Rangers fans defied lockdown rules and flocked to the grounds.

Thousands of supporters gathered outside the stadium on Saturday after Steven Gerrard's team beat St Mirren 3-0.

Footage of rowdy fans was widely circulated on social media as they celebrated the win.

One man appeared to be performing a sex act on himself as Ibrox could be seen in the background of one video.

Cops are aware of the footage and have launched a probe.

A Police Scotland spokesperson said: "We are aware of the incident and enquiries are currently ongoing."

Thousands of fans have gathered in George square today as rangers clinched their 1st title.