Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

It’s a frustrating cycle to say the least.

I don’t think we need to get too carried away as we have still had a fairly solid start to the season, but this familiar story of missed opportunities is tiresome. 

Edited by AJF

On 13/08/2020 at 02:04, The_Kincardine said:

The 'A' column is the one to be excited about

league.thumb.JPG.2523cff164922ae55fdaedec0be08add.JPG

On 17/08/2020 at 13:10, AJF said:

I don’t think we need to get too carried away 

Yeah.......It's a lesson the **** have failed to learn time and time again.

25 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Yeah.......It's a lesson the **** have failed to learn time and time again.

I’m not sure Kincardine being happy that we have yet to concede a goal this season could be considered getting carried away if that’s what you’re implying here.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I’m not sure Kincardine being happy that we have yet to concede a goal this season could be considered getting carried away if that’s what you’re implying here.

It makes no difference you'll all have disappeared later in the year.

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

I remember as do many on here how Rangers fans scoffed at the diddies inability to challenge Celtic for the title especially Aberdeen while they stuttered on their journey back up to the top tier, plus getting pumped in playoffs by Motherwell and generously helping Hibs overcome their Scottish Cup jinx.

Lets see now -

2012-13 - Motherwell  - Gap = 16pts

2013-14 - Motherwell - Gap = 29pts

2014-15 - Aberdeen - Gap = 17pts

2015-16 - Aberdeen - Gap = 15pts

2016-17 - Aberdeen - Gap = 30pts

2017-18 - Aberdeen - Gap = 9pts

2018-19 - Rangers - Gap = 9pts

2019-20 - Rangers - Gap = 13pts already?? in March (season postponed with one game in hand over Celtic)

Will this season Rangers fans see their team allegedly stronger this season than last finally challenge Celtic for the title and put action ahead of words? It doesn't take into account that Celtic might be even stronger than last season and as the 13 point gap by March last season suggests Celtic are motivated to keep that gap the same. I believe that had the season ran its course the final gap would have been around 17 or 18 points. I'm predicting similar this season with Celtic winning their 52nd Scottish Champions title.

It's also always worth mentioning that Rangers haven't won a major trophy since 2011 and have only appeared in one Scottish Cup final and only in one League Cup final since then, losing them both. Hearts, St. Johnstone, Inverness Caledonian Thistle and Hibernian have won the Scottish Cup since 2011 and of course Celtic adding their name four more times to that prestigious trophy. Celtic (39) currently sit 6 Scottish Cups ahead of the old Rangers and have been ahead since winning the Cup in 1969 beating Rangers 4-0 at Hampden.

Also better than Rangers at trophies are St. Mirren, Ross County, Kilmarnock and Aberdeen with their League Cup triumphs, Celtic now on a run of 4 League Cup final wins in a row, won 5 times pulling back the old Rangers (27) lead in that competition to 8 ahead.

What exactly is your point here? I’m not quite getting it.

3 hours ago, Snafu said:

I remember as do many on here how Rangers fans scoffed at the diddies inability to challenge Celtic for the title especially Aberdeen while they stuttered on their journey back up to the top tier, plus getting pumped in playoffs by Motherwell and generously helping Hibs overcome their Scottish Cup jinx.

Lets see now -

2012-13 - Motherwell  - Gap = 16pts

2013-14 - Motherwell - Gap = 29pts

2014-15 - Aberdeen - Gap = 17pts

2015-16 - Aberdeen - Gap = 15pts

2016-17 - Aberdeen - Gap = 30pts

2017-18 - Aberdeen - Gap = 9pts

2018-19 - Rangers - Gap = 9pts

2019-20 - Rangers - Gap = 13pts already?? in March (season postponed with one game in hand over Celtic)

Will this season Rangers fans see their team allegedly stronger this season than last finally challenge Celtic for the title and put action ahead of words? It doesn't take into account that Celtic might be even stronger than last season and as the 13 point gap by March last season suggests Celtic are motivated to keep that gap the same. I believe that had the season ran its course the final gap would have been around 17 or 18 points. I'm predicting similar this season with Celtic winning their 52nd Scottish Champions title.

It's also always worth mentioning that Rangers haven't won a major trophy since 2011 and have only appeared in one Scottish Cup final and only in one League Cup final since then, losing them both. Hearts, St. Johnstone, Inverness Caledonian Thistle and Hibernian have won the Scottish Cup since 2011 and of course Celtic adding their name four more times to that prestigious trophy. Celtic (39) currently sit 6 Scottish Cups ahead of the old Rangers and have been ahead since winning the Cup in 1969 beating Rangers 4-0 at Hampden.

Also better than Rangers at trophies are St. Mirren, Ross County, Kilmarnock and Aberdeen with their League Cup triumphs, Celtic now on a run of 4 League Cup final wins in a row, won 5 times pulling back the old Rangers (27) lead in that competition to 8 ahead.

I miss the days when you pretended to be a Rangers fan.

Has anyone else noticed a huge proliferation in Rangers graffiti where they live? I get that the town in which I live probably has a large Rangers following but it seems that almost every piece of street furniture has been spray painted with 'UB' or similar, and stickers have been affixed to signs/electricity boxes everywhere you look. I get that graffiti of some sort has always been present but I've never seen it to this extent.

Is this happening anywhere else or is this replicated elsewhere by supporters of other clubs?