Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

4 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AamerAnwar/status/1393731173558390785

well there’s the clip mate 

get your calculator out and let me know when you reach a thousand 

So you’re saying all the trouble on Saturday is contained in one video and at the corner of George sq and St Vincent pl? 

14 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Rangersmedia btw. What a flashback, I got binned from that site a couple of times. They think I'm a hand wringer and you guys think I'm a bigot. Reminds me of how different demographics view left vs right politics. Americans would say I'm a total lefty and British people would say im centre-right

Also I'm so thankful nobody posted the Tinie Tempah patter. That is probably the worst thing over the past 2 or 3 years we've seen, proper banter era flashbacks...

Anyway back to the pictures.

IMG_20210517_090953.jpg

IMG_20210517_090951.jpg

IMG_20210515_170755.jpg

"fascist", Shirley?

I’ll ask again. “What is it with Rangers fans?”  Right from 1972 until this weekend, give them a reason to celebrate and they act like to angriest bunch of hoodlums on the planet. Because of the gap of 49 years it’s obviously not the same people, so this type of behaviour is getting passed down from generation to generation. Why?

1967 - Celtic win the European Cup in Lisbon - a celebration

1972 - Rangers win the ECWC in Barcelona - Rangers fans attack police on the pitch leading to loads of arrests.

1983 - Aberdeen win the ECWC in Gothenburg - a celebration with no Aberdeen fans arrested.

1987 - Dundee United get to two legged UEFA Cup Final with Gothenburg- a celebration at both legs home and away.

2003 - Celtic get to the UEFA Cup Final in Seville - a celebration with Celtic fans receiving a commendation from UEFA.

2008 - Rangers get to the UEFA Cup Final in Manchester - absolute carnage in Manchester with riots on the street.

2021 - Rangers stop Celtic getting to 10 in a row -  carnage in Glasgow City Centre with Rangers fans disregarding every piece of advice given.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’ll ask again. “What is it with Rangers fans?”  Right from 1972 until this weekend, give them a reason to celebrate and they act like to angriest bunch of hoodlums on the planet. Because of the gap of 49 years it’s obviously not the same people, so this type of behaviour is getting passed down from generation to generation. Why?

1972 - Rangers win the ECWC in Barcelona - Rangers fans attack police on the pitch leading to loads of arrests.

1983 - Aberdeen win the ECWC in Gothenburg - a celebration with no Aberdeen fans arrested.

1987 - Dundee United get to two legged UEFA Cup Final with Gothenburg- a celebration at both legs home and away.

2003 - Celtic get to the UEFA Cup Final in Seville - a celebration with Celtic fans receiving a commendation from UEFA.

2008 - Rangers get to the UEFA Cup Final in Manchester - absolute carnage in Manchester with riots on the street.

2021 - Rangers stop Celtic getting to 10 in a row -  carnage in Glasgow City Centre with Rangers fans disregarding every piece of advice given.

They appear to be very angry that Catholics, people from the Indian subcontinent & Scottish Nationalists exist. What that has to do with celebrating I have no idea, but hey, it's everyone elses fault apparently.

39 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Jens1872/status/1394556431727202306

the police bravely dealing with the back of a lassies head 

100% Deserved.

If you are to inbred/thick/pissed to move when plod with a riot shield tells you to move then all bets are off. My preference would have been a taser/pepper spray combo.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

And some dates when they lose..

1980 - Oldco get pumped at mighty Chesterfield - Street riots

1980 - Scottish Cup Final Oldco pumped by their nearest and dearest and Dons win the league -pitch invasion

1984 - Pumped by Bohs in Dublin - riot inside and outside the ground

A club built on foundations of hatred and followed by utter hate-filled bile

44 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'm pretty sure there's a  grain of truth in it...

There is, mate. I am not allowed my own phone. I have to sneakily borrow my daughters phone to come on here and rip the pish out you. The wife made me give up my season ticket and I’m not allowed to watch fitba on the telly.

I’m still married though, that’s the main thing. Unlike yourself - who got divorced for being a c**t. 

I don’t have an issue with people criticising the thug element of the support, and these questions are not something I, or I suspect anyone on here can answer.

However being selective with examples of fan disorder to paint this as a Rangers only issue is disingenuous. I could cite dozens of examples of fans of other Scottish clubs fighting and behaving like animals but I won’t as I’ll no doubt get accused of whataboutery. That it happens on a larger scale with Rangers fans I don’t mind admitting it does, but do not make it seem like this type of behaviour is confined to one club.

Edited by AJF

9 minutes ago, Romeo said:

100% Deserved.

If you are to inbred/thick/pissed to move when plod with a riot shield tells you to move then all bets are off. My preference would have been a taser/pepper spray sauce combo.

Is that a new line from McDonalds?

7 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

There is, mate. I am not allowed my own phone. I have to sneakily borrow my daughters phone to come on here and rip the pish out you. The wife made me give up my season ticket and I’m not allowed to watch fitba on the telly.

I’m still married though, that’s the main thing. Unlike yourself - who got divorced for being a c**t. 

I take it that was supposed to be funny - not your usual high standard H t.

image.jpeg.98cfb1bce9e724be5768185b54a544d1.jpeg

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sleppnig