Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

Rangers are not allowed to have an opened top bus and in no way organised or told fans to go to George Square. That’s my point, what more can the club do that she suggests?

The Union Bears fan group had earlier announced plans to walk from the stadium to George Square.

Police Scotland said it had declined a request to facilitate the march to George Square and urged the crowd to go home.

8 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

But it quite clearly is. Celtic spent a full 9 years of dominance and never once caused scenes like last night. Yes plenty of questionable behaviour but not mass brawls between their own support. His point about fights during weddings? What a lot of pish. 

Again, I’ll ask you... do you believe the vast majority of Rangers fans truly want sectarian behaviour kicked out of the club?

Slightly off topic but I was at hospitality during a Rangers Falkirk tie with work at Ibrox where your club official read out the teams but to mark a new signings arrival explained he would go surname first. The reaction “King, Billy” got was embarrassing. Your club just pretends they give a f**k and this filters down throughout the support. Nothing will ever change until fans stand up against it.

I’m reluctant to turn this into a Rangers/Celtic debate and like to avoid claims of whataboutery but to address your point, all I’ll say is there are numerous instances of similar behaviour by Celtic fans during large gatherings. You can find examples on a prominent Twitter account dedicated to trolling Celtic fans if you feel inclined to do so.

In terms of sectarianism, I genuinely believe the club itself has taken good steps to distance itself from any pro-Protestant or anti-Catholic stance. I can’t speak for all fans but I haven’t come across many (or any) that have expressed any displeasure that Rangers distance themselves from it.

I can’t really comment on the example you’ve given but I don’t disbelieve it. I think it’s still got a bit to go but on the whole, it’s progressing.

9 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

And which one mentions gatherings?

She quite clearly infers it by mentioning the pandemic and the rising cases. What other meaning would she be implying by bringing that up if it was not to condemn fans gathering?

12 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The Union Bears fan group had earlier announced plans to walk from the stadium to George Square.

Police Scotland said it had declined a request to facilitate the march to George Square and urged the crowd to go home.

The Union Bears is a fan group... they are not officially linked to the club and the club have no control over their actions.

13 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Call me crazy, but condemning the violence and sectarianism unreservedly might be a start.

I don’t disagree. If that’s what she is getting at then fair enough. I read it as if she wanted the club to take some kind of action that would prevent it from happening.

Rangers essentially said "please don't gather" which is the same as parents going on holiday for two weeks and asking the kids not to have a party.

They could easily make some sort of statement that states anyone who gathers and is arrested etc will be banned from attending Ibrox/buying tickets. 

34 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Come on, we all love the "Four Yorkshiremen" sketch! 

Henderson can answer for himself, but I think you might have missed the context of his post.

He was ripping the piss of G51 who basically made a toe curling horror show of a post stating we all hate working class people and are all so achingly middle class. He's been rightly destroyed for it over the last 12 hours or so.

Anyway, without sounding patronising to you, well done on being a lone voice of reason in the blue corner.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

The Union Bears is a fan group... they are not officially linked to the club and the club have no control over their actions.

The club did nothing at the stadium to facilitate the fans for winning their first trophy.
Yet they had 2 months to organize something?

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Rangers essentially said "please don't gather" which is the same as parents going on holiday for two weeks and asking the kids not to have a party.

They could easily make some sort of statement that states anyone who gathers and is arrested etc will be banned from attending Ibrox/buying tickets. 

This is something I have a differing opinion on (surprisingly 😂).

Firstly, the club stating this would not prevent it from happening, particularly given that a large portion of those in attendance yesterday were not season ticket holders.

Additionally, taking action against fans for incidents that take place away from the stadium is probably a slippery slope to go down. How do the club identify them? Are fans required to complete a disclosure form when they purchase tickets listing any convictions they have or confirm if they were in attendance?

The club have no authority or means to tackle fan behaviour away from the stadium, that is the responsibility of the police.

There is also the fact that the last time this debate came up (when we clinched the title), everyone said that all Rangers had to do was issue a statement/tweet advising fans not to gather and that would cover their arses. Now they have done that in this instance, that’s being suggested it’s not enough?

Sturgeon and the SG said Rangers were too quiet on the matter which we addressed. I cannot see how Rangers can be held accountable for this.

There’s a weird aggression you get with Rangers fans that you just don’t get with people who aren’t Rangers fans. Even in every day life. I work with Rangers fans and their always permanently seething. Who has the fucking energy for that?

10 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The club did nothing at the stadium to facilitate the fans for winning their first trophy.
Yet they had 2 months to organize something?

They’re not allowed to organise anything! How is that so hard to comprehend?

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

There’s a weird aggression you get with Rangers fans that you just don’t get with people who aren’t Rangers fans. Even in every day life. I work with Rangers fans and their always permanently seething. Who has the fucking energy for that?

Case in point: Ross, Maurice 

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

This is something I have a differing opinion on (surprisingly 😂).

Firstly, the club stating this would not prevent it from happening, particularly given that a large portion of those in attendance yesterday were not season ticket holders.

Additionally, taking action against fans for incidents that take place away from the stadium is probably a slippery slope to go down. How do the club identify them? Are fans required to complete a disclosure form when they purchase tickets listing any convictions they have or confirm if they were in attendance?

The club have no authority or means to tackle fan behaviour away from the stadium, that is the responsibility of the police.

There is also the fact that the last time this debate came up (when we clinched the title), everyone said that all Rangers had to do was issue a statement/tweet advising fans not to gather and that would cover their arses. Now they have done that in this instance, that’s being suggested it’s not enough?

Sturgeon and the SG said Rangers were too quiet on the matter which we addressed. I cannot see how Rangers can be held accountable for this.

So the fans are arseholes then? Every single one who congregated yesterday.

Glad we're on agreement on that one.